SOO 2013 General discussion thread

Sometimes it's nice just to stop for a moment and remember the sweet smell of another years success.

95803177-bb8c-4214-a513-966b3f8e4130_zps2f5b15bc.jpg

Re: 33 Amazing Abandoned Places - Image Heavy

Abandoned trophy cabinet ........never been used

Give away to good home.

For expressions of interest, please contact NSWRL on NSWRL@loserville.com.au

NSWRLtrophycabinet_zps3bf6f45e.jpg

I wouldn't give too much credit to the author of the article. Anyone could start a wordpress blog, aggregate a whole pile of actual articles and then slip in a self written article that states something topical but ridiculous just to draw hits to said site. The idea is not viable unless the SOO is played outside of the the NRL season proper.

Fair point there mate I was just going through my facebook feed and found this. I tried to see if I could find a more credible source but that was the best thing.

I have it on good source that Mars is definitely in the plans as well... as soon as they discover life there.

I have it on good source that Mars is definitely in the plans as well... as soon as they discover life there.

Well there's no intelligent life in NSW but we insist in playing at least one game a year there

Benny and the cockroaches getting an early whinge in for next year:

IT IS only December but a New South Wales State of Origin legend is already furious, claiming a Queensland eligibility "farce".

Boom Newcastle Knights prop Korbin Sims' selection for the Queensland Emerging Origin Squad this week has caused an uproar in enemy territory with claims of a Greg Inglis-like conspiracy.

Sims, 21, does not qualify for Queensland under the revised State of Origin eligibility laws introduced in late 2012.

Those laws require a player to represent the state he was either born in or moved to before his 13th birthday.

Sims moved to Queensland aged 16. He spent three years in Brisbane before signing with Newcastle.

However, he did qualify for the sunshine state under the old laws as he played his first senior football in Queensland.

Sims also represented Queensland as an 18-year-old in 2009 and 2010.

Queensland Rugby League officials are adamant those two representative games qualify him and they are technically right.

The ARL Commission wants players to stop flip-flopping between states and countries from junior to senior representative games.

Whether Sims, born and raised in Gerringong south of Sydney, should be allowed to represent a state he only spent three years in however is open to debate.

Former Blues captain Ben Elias slammed the selection as "rule manipulation" and said it was time his state's officials began "massaging the laws".

"It is a farce," Elias said.

"They manipulate the system and they do it very well and that's why they have won eight series in a row.

"It is disappointing.

"I thought we had an independent Commission to ensure this doesn't happen?

"If they are allowed to keep bullying the rules they will probably win another eight series straight.

"It is ridiculous.

"That kid should be playing for New South Wales."

Sims two older brothers Tariq and Ashton have both declared their affiliation to New South Wales.

He could realistically square off against Tariq in an Origin game in coming years, despite just two years difference in age.

Blues backrower Ryan Hoffman played for Queensland's under 19 side in 2003. He has now played eight Origin games for New South Wales.

A QRL spokesman said they were more than comfortable that Sims was eligible for Queensland.

"Once you represent Queensland you are Queenslander."

Sims is passionate about the Maroons and has repeatedly declared he is a Queenslander.

He fell in love with the state after moving north when his older brothers were signed by the Brisbane Broncos.

"I put my hand up to play for Queensland when I first moved to Brisbane and I am really happy with the path I have chosen and the success I have found as a result," Sims said earlier this year.

"Tariq and I have done what is best for our careers and it has worked out well for us."

New South Wales State of Origin legends claim Queensland eligibility farce | News.com.au

**** if his heart is with QLD why are NSW even bothering ?
Stop bitching for ***** sake

The Blues have got plenty of good young forwards coming through. I doubt Korbin Sims would get a game for NSW anyway. We don't need glory-hunters to get the job done.

Where are uate, Jennings, sterlo, tamou, McManus, tahu and mason from? Also ben Elias is from Lebanon? Their hypocrisy is ridiculous.

Last edited:
Yeah Elias was born in Lebonon and just like Adrian Lamb(who was only selected because of the superleague wars anyway) came over at a younger age, but apparently we started it. Funny thing is the more they go on about this crap the more motivated we become to beat them.

Last edited:
Jennings is a born and bred Australian with Tongan heritage. Mason and Elias moved to Australia when they were barely a year old. Tahu and Sterlo play/played all of their Rugby League in NSW. Credible claims though with McManus, Uate and Tamou but if that makes them eligible then so be it.

Both sides are hypocrites here both NSW and QLD have fielded a number of players born outside their states.

Jennings is a born and bred Australian with Tongan heritage. Mason and Elias moved to Australia when they were barely a year old. Tahu and Sterlo play/played all of their Rugby League in NSW. Credible claims though with McManus, Uate and Tamou but if that makes them eligible then so be it.

Both sides are hypocrites here both NSW and QLD have fielded a number of players born outside their states.
I think complaining about it whilst doing the same things implies hypocrisy and I've never heard Queenslanders complain about NSW players not being from there. Just giving a rebuttal when they whinge about our players.

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • Midean
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.