13. Harrison

14. Costigan
15. Bolton
16. Hannant
17. Taylor

Will absolutely pwn this:

Coxy said:
NSW
(Note this isn't the "best" team IMO, but merely my speculation what sort of team they would pick)

1. Hayne
2. Quinn
3. Lyon
4. Cooper
5. B. Morris
6. Bird
7. Kimmorley (c)
8. White
9. Ennis
10. Weyman
11. Watmough
12. Creagh
13. Lewis

14. Douglas
15. Perry
16. Gallen
17. Gidley

Origin is gonna be awesome

I love your team Scotty. Tuqiri is made for Origin. He belongs back there. Takes some extra relief off the forwards as well cause he's HYYYUUUUUUUGGGEEE

Yes, although it's been notable (and not surprising) that when the Tigers have struggled, Tuqiri's impact has been greatly reduced.

And while I don't overly rate the Dally M awards, the fact Darius Boyd is leading the Dally M voting with the premiership leaders and favourites after 8 rounds suggests he's in some kind of form. And he's done the job on the wing the last 2 years. As an incumbent I see no reason to overlook him for Tuqiri.

However, if Folau announces he's leaving the code prior to Origin 1, then that's different, I'd have no problem with him taking Folau's spot.

Coxy said:
Yes, although it's been notable (and not surprising) that when the Tigers have struggled, Tuqiri's impact has been greatly reduced.

And while I don't overly rate the Dally M awards, the fact Darius Boyd is leading the Dally M voting with the premiership leaders and favourites after 8 rounds suggests he's in some kind of form. And he's done the job on the wing the last 2 years. As an incumbent I see no reason to overlook him for Tuqiri.

However, if Folau announces he's leaving the code prior to Origin 1, then that's different, I'd have no problem with him taking Folau's spot.

Darius Boyd leading the Dally M is horseshit. He can hardly be considered a leader or a geniune championship player. IMHO.

I would much prefer to see Tuqiri streaking down the wing, as opposed to the midget that is Darius Boyd.

So with Meninga ringing Folau and saying he'll still select him, if Folau officially signs with another code will Meninga still select him?
Is there some kind of rule that if a player signs elsewhere he's not allowed to play rep or is it up to the coach/selectors?

Folau could be extremely hand for us come origin time facing other depleted teams.

broncospwn said:
So with Meninga ringing Folau and saying he'll still select him, if Folau officially signs with another code will Meninga still select him?
Is there some kind of rule that if a player signs elsewhere he's not allowed to play rep or is it up to the coach/selectors?

Folau could be extremely hand for us come origin time facing other depleted teams.

Meninga rang Folau to say he would still select him?

I thought Meninga came out and said he wouldn't select him? [icon_shru

Scotty said:
broncospwn said:

Keep up! [icon_wink Mal had a change of heart last week.

Bannermania: since when does a player have to be a superstar/championship winning player to win the Dally M? It's simply about who was the best player on the field, same way we do 3-2-1 votes in the player of the season for the Broncos here. The Dragons have won 7 of their 9 games and Boyd has been the standout for them. Hard to argue. He breaks the first tackle almost every time he runs the ball.

I wouldn't mind someone like that on the wing for QLD...

Bannermania said:
Darius Boyd leading the Dally M is horseshit. He can hardly be considered a leader or a geniune championship player. IMHO.

I would much prefer to see Tuqiri streaking down the wing, as opposed to the midget that is Darius Boyd.

im with you on that one i just think tuqiri could have more of an impact on the wing than boyd

Scotty said:
broncospwn said:

Meninga changed his mind gave Folau a call and said if his form warrants he'll still select him.
So interesting... QLD don't need him we have plenty of talent to cover.

Coxy said:
lets also not forget that in the origin last year, he showed a very surprisingly good fend on a few of his big runs down the wing. it was almost eerily inglis like, though obviously not as awesome.

Anonymous person said:
Coxy said:
lets also not forget that in the origin last year, he showed a very surprisingly good fend on a few of his big runs down the wing. it was almost eerily inglis like, though obviously not as awesome.

And with both Inglis and Boyd on the same side capable of easily breaking a one on one tackle it puts the defence in two minds whenever they attack that side. And that gives Thurston/Lockyer options...and may even open up the gap for the famous Thurston show and go as the inside defender gets interested in Inglis.

Tuqiri would have a similar effect of course, he's bigger than Boyd so it's even easier for him to bust tackles.

I still thought Folau was blacklisted haha... considering the form he is in, this just gets better and better for QLD. NSW must be dreading Origin.

Folau, on form, shouldnt be picked.

hes been playing well, but if you think hes been playing better than either Inglis or Tonga youre out of your mind.

Anonymous person said:

hes been playing well, but if you think hes been playing better than either Inglis or Tonga youre out of your mind.

There's room for all of them though.

Inglis and Tonga in the centres with Folau on one wing and Tuqiri or Boyd on the other.

Anonymous person said:

i wouldve thought if the selectors were going to pick him it would be on the wings

lets face it though, as a winger, the only thing he ever did was catch bombs. so again, if theyre legitimately basing it on form, i dont think he really *deserves* to be picked on the wing either.

i still wouldnt say no to him being there though, because that guaranteed 1 try from a bomb is always good to have in an origin match especially.

true but he does have a good step and fend that he could use.. i would prefer him on the wing rather than boyd but thats just a personal thing either would do well enough

Anonymous person said:
lets face it though, as a winger, the only thing he ever did was catch bombs. so again, if theyre legitimately basing it on form, i dont think he really *deserves* to be picked on the wing either.

Really?

I reckon he's one of the best finishers in the game. He knows when to use his strength and pace, he knows when to come back inside, he knows when to go low and back himself, etc. I'd definitely have him on the wing.

Active Now

• Brocko
  • Fozz
  • Battler
  • Foordy
  • Culhwch
  • Big Del
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Allo
  • Browny
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Santa
  • bb_gun
  • winslow_wong
  • Bucking Beads
  • Skathen
  • Ondi
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.