SOO Teams 2010

I think Boyd is the one who has to miss out. Folau and Tuqiri on the wings, Tonga and Inglis in the centres. Boyd is good, but I think just Folau and Tuqiri offer a lot more. Seriously, how mind blowing could a back 5 of Slater, Tuqiri, Inglis, Tonga and Folau be???

Coxy said:
And while I don't overly rate the Dally M awards, the fact Darius Boyd is leading the Dally M voting with the premiership leaders and favourites after 8 rounds suggests he's in some kind of form.

Agreed, but the form he's been showing is at fullback. I don't think he's as effective on the wing as he is at fullback. I know he's played there in the past (even at origin level) and performed well, but all other things being relatively equal, I'd rather select someone who has been playing wing, week in week out.

Fair enough, but find me 2 players who have been playing at Origin quality level week in, week out, who are eligible for Queensland.

Coxy said:
Fair enough, but find me 2 players who have been playing at Origin quality level week in, week out, who are eligible for Queensland.

Sam Thaiday and Nate Myles [icon_razz1

if folau is going to be there, it has to be on the wing. He never uses his outside man and tonga is in great form. Having said that, folaus in great form at the moment, hes proving a real handful to tackle so i agree with most others on here in saying that i think boyd will be the one to miss out with tuqiri and folau taking up the wing spots.

OXY-351 said:
Coxy said:

Sam Thaiday and Nate Myles [icon_razz1

Smart arse... :P

Fair enough, but find me 2 players who have been playing at Origin quality level week in, week out, on the wing who are eligible for Queensland

Anonymous person said:
Folau, on form, shouldnt be picked.

hes been playing well, but if you think hes been playing better than either Inglis or Tonga youre out of your mind.

Inglis has been shit so far this season dude.

Pretty happy with the range of players to pick from. We've been going alright for depth these last few years. The only issue is getting the balance right around hooker,forwards etc. If Cam Smith is out then Friend is in rare form with a game he played week before last ,amazing. Absolutely in everything and tireless.

Huge. said:
Pretty happy with the range of players to pick from. We've been going alright for depth these last few years. The only issue is getting the balance right around hooker,forwards etc. If Cam Smith is out then Friend is in rare form with a game he played week before last ,amazing. Absolutely in everything and tireless.

Would he work well without his Club mates around him thou?

Boyd will be in the team I have no doubt!

Probably but he's played quite a few recently without any regularity with regard to partners so he could adjust pretty easily. He's had to stepup with the disruptions around the rucks and in the halves generally so I'm guessing he'd be up to it. never know till in Origin but...he's another option. ( why doth call me as thou ??lol)

They wont overlook Boyd - I'll be VERY surprised if they do.

How about JT and C smith though? We might lose our 7 and 9!!! That's massive!!! If those two don't play - it suddenly looks a lot different. I don't like Cronk/Locky combo... I reckon it blows ... I'd rather Princey.

Anyhow... we just look so much more dangerous with JT and C Smith for two reasons:

1) As mentioned - JT down GI's side is deadly because it makes the defense weary of GI and then BOOM... the famous show and go with GI in support = TRY!!!

2) C Smith's cheesy combo with Slater... as cheesy as they are these two sniff around the ruck when the forwards are tired and Smith does have a few sneaky kicks for Billy the kid... I hate C Smith but he does provide quality service for QLD from D half and has been providing that for yonks!!!

IMO Not having that stability of JT and C Smith will rock the boat a bit... the team IS build around JT/LOCKY/SMITH... thats 2/3 missing.

thoughts?!

btw SOO thread PLEASE!

Cam Smith is first picked, no doubt but if not available then whomever we select will be finding big shoes to fill. I've always been a fan of combinations and we could use Princey/Friend and not lose a lot but in what way ,and with Locky ,it would be a mystery until under the pump.

Rightio, I am going to have a go assuming Smith, Thurston and Price are all unavailable, and that Folau will be considered.

1. Slater
2. Boyd
3. Inglis
4. Tonga
5. Folau
6. Lockyer
7. Cronk
8. Hannant
9. Ballin
10. Civoniceva
11. Thaiday
12. Myles
13. Harrison
-----------------------
14. Shillington
15. Scott
16. Taylor
17. Costigan

Ok assuming the same as above + Ben unavailable

1) Slater
2) Boyd
3) GI
4) Tate
5) Folau
6) Locky
7) Prince
8) Civo
9) Payne
10) Shillo
11) Thaiday
12) Myles
13) Harrison (avail?)

14) DT
15) Bolton
16) Costigan
17) PROP

I'm short of a prop on the bench - I don't really want to see DT playing as a prop... which gives me one backrower too many? Price + BH out doesn't look good.

It is obvious they will go Cronk > Prince though and perhaps Tonga > Folau with Tate on the wing. I would not though.

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • Fozz
  • Aldo
  • Dash
  • Tmac
  • Lurker
  • BroncsNBundy
  • Harry Sack
  • RolledOates
  • GCBRONCO
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.