South Africa V Australia test series

330 runs is still ahead of the game . Can see patto Johnson and Ryan bowling well with Lyon to take a bigger toke second dig. All options still on the table. Bowling will need to be hostile . SA will know what's coming after the mauling they gave the skip.

Kinda hope Steyn gets better and plays out the match, don't think I could stand the "you only won cause Steyn was injured!" excuse.

One of the greatest centuries Pup has ever made, pure grit and determination when hopelessly out of form. Some of the other Aussie boys could take a leaf out of his book.

how good has Smith become!! I've always been a fan and so glad to see him repay the faith selectors have shown. Would be nice if they did the same with Hughes.

Definitely a courageous innings by Clarke. He looked really out of sorts against Morkel but he came through it. Test cricket living up to its name.

Agree on Smith too. He's had 3 tons since the home Ashes series and Warner has 4. Considering both are 27 or younger it is definitely looking up for us. It used to be Clarke averaged 50+ and the rest of the top order averaged mid 30's. Now Warner is averaging mid 40's and Smith's is about to tick into the 40's too. If only Hughes could get a gig, I think you could have added him to the list by now.

One of the greatest centuries Pup has ever made, pure grit and determination when hopelessly out of form. Some of the other Aussie boys could take a leaf out of his book.

how good has Smith become!! I've always been a fan and so glad to see him repay the faith selectors have shown. Would be nice if they did the same with Hughes.

Yeah smith has really made me look like an idiot. I previously had never been a fan and even before the ashes I was criticizing his inclusion and scoffed at suggestions that he could one day be australian captain.

Well he keeps proving me wrong

400 up! Hope Smith gets his ton, deserves it.

Yeah smith has really made me look like an idiot. I previously had never been a fan and even before the ashes I was criticizing his inclusion and scoffed at suggestions that he could one day be australian captain.

Well he keeps proving me wrong

+1

tbh I think his critics were justified because early days he really didn't look like he belonged in the red ball game. But he has clearly worked his tail off and it's showing.

I don't think too many thought Smith would last long. I know I certainly didn't. To be fair to him though, he was doing fairly well in First Class cricket, so he at least deserved his chance and made the most of it. Technically Shaun Marsh looks like he belong a lot more, but it goes to show how far a great temperament can go.

Interesting to see how Watson goes here. I think it's perfect for him - he's in at a time where his performance with the bat quiet honestly doesn't really matter, which frankly, is when Watson is at his best. I know 2 of his 4 test tons were either when they weren't needed or in dead rubber matches.

Elgar causing problems, bides well for Lyon.

Shame Smith didn't get the ton. Clarke has battled his way to one of his best tons

we want to be a bit careful here .. lets not piss away the chance to post up 550

Damn this rain, we could easily have 600 by now and be having a hostile little session at SA for the last hour.

Damn this rain, we could easily have 600 by now and be having a hostile little session at SA for the last hour.

Absolutely true but that rain should add some spice to the pitch today, especially as they struggled to keep the covers on.

regardless if we win or the weather / south africa gets in the way, imo this series has been another nice little step forward for this improving Australian team.

Taking on the number one test team in the world in their backyard and we've at worst broken even with them thus far and probably edged ahead on 'points' after bossing them in the first innings of this test.

Just as important imo is that we've probably answered a couple of lingering questions with regards to our batting personnel and the batting order .. And I think its fair to say that we've got a bit more 'upside' than South Africa when it comes to the next few years, so if we're holding our own with them at this point, the future looks good.

Active Now

• Midean
  • Justwin
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Wolfie
  • Fatboy
  • Old Mate
  • rj9
  • Bish
  • Morkel
  • Dash
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.