South Africa V Australia test series

300y6mq.jpg

The Aussie cricket team is a great reminder of how quickly things can change in sport. 7 months ago they were gone. Now there is none better.

Just as long as you clear out deadwood coaches and get the best man for the job.

Just as long as you clear out deadwood coaches and get the best man for the job.
Boof seems an obvious choice now. He did have a credible state coaching record at the time of his appointment. That's what you'd look for in terms of a new coaching appointment.

I really think Craig McDermott is a big contributor to all this too ... his influence on our bowlers was really evident when he first came in a couple of seasons ago and it's been noticeable again since he returned .. he's got them focused on the fundamentals - pitching more balls on a fuller length and attacking the stumps when pitch conditions warrant in the latter stages of tests ..

I really think Craig McDermott is a big contributor to all this too ... his influence on our bowlers was really evident when he first came in a couple of seasons ago and it's been noticeable again since he returned .. he's got them focused on the fundamentals - pitching more balls on a fuller length and attacking the stumps when pitch conditions warrant in the latter stages of tests ..

That's very true, he has probably been a bit forgotten in all of this

Brutal stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have no idea how any left handed batsman in world cricket right now is equipped to deal with Johnson bowling that wide-on-the-crease around the wicket stuff up into the armpit / rib cage area...

Pitching it up? Johnson's clearly not listening

Pitching it up? Johnson's clearly not listening

the short ball is certainly a potent weapon for Johnson at the moment but I reckon you'll find he's still bowling a lot of balls in that 'hallway of hesitation' .. it's moreso the guys like Siddle who was definitely guilty of bowling too much of that nothing back of a length stuff in the past ..

McLaren out of the second test with concussion.

I agree B Shark. I was just being a smart ass. Mc D's fuller length makes the short ball more potent. Thought it was interesting, Harris bowled the quickest ball of the last game.

Great to see Watson miss out. Doolan looks a very promising player, though despite his century I stand by my comment that Marsh doesn't have what it takes and will be gone in a year's time at most.

Great ball from Harris, awesome to see that cocky prick back in the pavilion already.

Big wicket from guess who, Johnson!

Amla showed plenty of temperament deciding against the review.

When Mitch gets it to swing it's unplayable

Active Now

• Jedhead
  • Fozz
  • upthebroncs
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Mr Fourex
  • teampjta
  • Wolfie
  • Bucking Beads
  • Financeguy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.