South Africa V Australia test series

This wicket will test the SA bowlers. Steyn seems well below his best. Morkel is soft . Philander struggles when it's not hooping. Parnell , all of the above.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say no team is ever actually winning until they have won, even then it's no sure thing.

I didn't see any of it last night but from what I heard it's been a lot more competitive than the 1st test and South Africa are putting up a challenge.

I thought SA were being too cautious. Warner will love this wicket.

Warner doesn't make 1st innings runs. He only makes runs in the 2nd innings when Australia are 200+ ahead.

playing seven batsmen and no spinners is ludicrous by South Africa ... were they looking at the wrong side of the wicket yesterday morning??

This wicket will test the SA bowlers. Steyn seems well below his best. Morkel is soft . Philander struggles when it's not hooping. Parnell , all of the above.

I think the key more than ever for Australia will just be to survive the early stuff from Stain, Snorkel and Philanderer.

Once the ball loses its shine / seam batting should be a picnic on that deck with no frontline spinner to take pace off the ball and dry things up.

inb4 we're rolled for 90 ...

Last edited:
playing seven batsmen and no spinners is ludicrous by South Africa ... were they looking at the wrong side of the wicket yesterday morning??

I thought the same thing.

They really seem to have gotten their selections wrong of late, and even their decisions at the toss.

I thought the same thing.

They really seem to have gotten their selections wrong of late, and even their decisions at the toss.

It's amazing how clarity of thought can be lost and the mind can scramble when your confidence is low

Last edited:
They do have Duminy who is just a part time spinner but yes it is crazy to have no front line spinner in the side.

If your frontline spinner is no good there's no use playing him. Better off playing a quick bowler.

If your frontline spinner is no good there's no use playing him. Better off playing a quick bowler.

That's true most of the time. Hard to believe they don't have a spinner that can play a role for the team.

Time for our batsmen to get the job done.

They make 450, we make 672 and bowl them out for 154 on the last day to win.

pitch looks absolutely stone dead but having big runs on the board can create pressure

Australia should bat for three days for the draw . **** South Africa dud pitch directive. This pitch is a disgrace, Bad for cricket.

Australia should bat for three days for the draw . **** South Africa dud pitch directive. This pitch is a disgrace, Bad for cricket.

amazing, half way through day two and there's barely a scuff mark on it ... it must be absolutely rock hard .. cloud cover should mean it holds together nicely too ... draw looks nailed on unless someone slips a hose underneath the covers tonight

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Harry Sack
  • barker
  • Xzei
  • ForlovejAl
  • Skyblues87
  • Bucking Beads
  • Aldo
  • phoenix
  • Battler
  • winslow_wong
  • theshed
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.