South Africa V Australia test series

amazing, half way through day two and there's barely a scuff mark on it ... it must be absolutely rock hard .. cloud cover should mean it holds together nicely too ... draw looks nailed on unless someone slips a hose underneath the covers tonight
All but 2 wickets so far taken by spinners. J. P Duminy is going to be tired.

amazing, half way through day two and there's barely a scuff mark on it ... it must be absolutely rock hard .. cloud cover should mean it holds together nicely too ... draw looks nailed on unless someone slips a hose underneath the covers tonight
The thing is SA need to win this test more than we do.

Do you think these super optimistic South African commentators have notice SA don't have a spinner in the side.

Do you think these super optimistic South African commentators have notice SA don't have a spinner in the side.

don't know, south africa and new zealand both remind me of Australia 20 years ago ... I have a pretty strong theory that new zealanders are essentially stupid people, so maybe that's another trait they share with south africa ..

* the above theories are based entirely on what I observe / hear during the coverage of sports matches, so actual results may vary.

I tuned in... --> 4 wickets! :takdir:

Last edited:
Chris Rogers' batting eye and reflexes look to have aged 15 years since the Ashes series

Got to think his place in the team will come into question soon. As great as he was those last two Ashes tests he's still 36 so there's less reason to be patient with him if he can't turn it around. Particularly with Watson ready to return and selectors loving all-rounders.

So who opens ? Given the plan for Watson seems to be to bat at #6 from here on ... Doolan looks like he's equipped with the right stuff for a run at #3 ... is it a case of Phil Hughes mark XXXIV ?

I've always felt that Watson has played his best as an opener so I'd just force him to open. Saving that, I think Marsh has played as an opener in the past.

Going to need someone to save us from here. Great opportunity for Warner to play a meaningful innings rather than just a tonking ton in the 2nd innings.

I think the world number one team is just reminding us who's boss at the moment ... and who can make a flat pitch work for them ..

if nothing else, I pray that our bowlers can just get some decent down time .. If they're back out in the field early on tomorrow South Africa could go a long way towards breaking our necks for final test.

Last edited:
Time for Clarke and Warner to step up like they did at the Gabba.

Taking risks but we need to if we are going to stay in touch.

I'm not sure it's just a case of the #1 team shining through, particularly given they don't have Kallis anymore or even a first string spinner. SAF only had 5 players reach double digits. One was Parnell, of the rest all made 50's and 2 made centuries. All our dismissed batsmen got less than 10, so I think it's a bit of a case of it being a hard pitch to get in on but pretty easy once you do.

Well this is exactly what I was afraid of with our batting. Poor stuff and so typical of what we are used to.

Active Now

• Waynesaurus
  • GCBRONCO
  • scobie
  • Fozz
  • Skyblues87
  • Gaz
  • broncos4life
  • FACTHUNT
  • Bucking Beads
  • Mr Fourex
  • the_next
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.