South Africa V Australia test series

Far out Clarke!!

FMD we are making the pitch look like a minefield

Just terrible shot selection. Clarke's form is worrying.

SA "well on top". Sth African bowlers (especially Morkel) are getting much more life out of this pitch than Johnson and co. Aussies in big trouble, won't score 300.

We can still fight back if 2 of our guys make centuries but gee I am disappointed with the way our top order batted. This is exactly what I had feared. Rogers missed a straight one and Doolan/Marsh played at ones they should have left. Clarke just played a terrible shot. Lower order to the rescue again I think. Lyon did well to get 5 wickets in the end. He continues to improve.

congrats south africa ... 1-all

Thats very in-Aussie to give up like that. How many times have we been in a position like this the last few years??? Our batting line-up is just getting started.

I am not sure giving up yet is the right call but [MENTION=7690]Bull Shark[/MENTION] does it as a coping mechanism and a bit of reverse psychology. I hope it work this time.

Lyon will get a century, he's good enough and hasn't been out since England six months ago.

Warner tends to make tons back to back, if he makes 150 at the rate he's going, we'll be at 300 in no time and we still have plenty of batting to come.

Lyon keeps impressing me. He's not a boil on the ass of Shane Warne but he continually shows great determination and resistance. He's improved to a very tidy spinner and he showed good fight as nightwatchman. Lasted more balls than all bar Warner, which is kinda sad for the top order.

Marsh's dismissal was very ordinary. Wonder if that century is going to be another flash in the pan or if he can actually kick on and make a career. But averaging something like 25 this season, I know which way I'm leaning.

Lyon will probably end up with the most wickets by an Australian off spinner of all time. He is still so young and continues to develop each and every series.

Beautiful Sunny day in Port Elizabeth so runs will be there to be made if we are good enough.

Thats very in-Aussie to give up like that. How many times have we been in a position like this the last few years??? Our batting line-up is just getting started.

nobody's giving up, it's a blatant attempt at a reverse jinx

Last edited:
Warner out playing at one He should have left

Yep he only has one tool in his kit and that's a hammer. The whole side needs to learn when to be patient really, as much as outright aggression has worked recently, this wicket is a new ball wicket. With no spinner all they had to do was pull it back a touch and get into them when the bowlers tire.

Last edited:
Michael Clarke has a nasty little habit of getting out in the shadows of stumps when Australia is in a hole ...

Well we are 8/205. Johnson out on the stroke of Lunch. Shocking session from Australia.

Morkel got into Mitch with some bumpers and he got out next over. It will be interesting to see how Mitch bowls at Morkel next time they face off.

Active Now

• Brocko
  • MrMoore
  • theshed
  • Aldo
  • Scdeac
  • Harry Sack
  • Waynesaurus
  • BroncosAlways
  • Painin the Haas
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Skyblues87
  • winslow_wong
  • K-Style
  • Bucking Beads
  • Xzei
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.