Souths have 5 captains?

Haha nah it is funny. I am wondering if it just nothing much more than free publicity for the club and sponsors. The problem is the fans have to put up with the jokes and frankly there are enough of them after a match or a season when we under perform.

That's not my issue, it's that he gets rated far too highly and talked up too much when he has done SFA.
Does he even get talked about that much? I can only remember the outside chance of getting the NSW 5/8 spot mentions, when he was performing really well. Otherwise his mentions are generally to how important his personal performance is to the Souths team, due to the talent he possesses but just doesn't show every week.

That's not my issue, it's that he gets rated far too highly and talked up too much when he has done SFA.

That's like any "star" that Souths has. Media seem desperate for a return to the glory days of South Sydney. Like it'd give them a feel good story to write about.

Of all the Souths players I think Luke is easily the most talented. His work out of dummy half is as good as anyone's. IMO the best attacking hooker in the game. Of course, he is also a wholly hated piece of ####.

BP - notice the word potential in my earlier post. He is much maligned because on his day he is up their with the best in the League. Unfortunately we probably see the worst of him just as often - which is not pretty. Watching him on TV does not do his skills justice. Next time we play Souths go along and watch him in the flesh. His ability to ball play and dictate terms before the line is akin to Jason Smiths. I rate him very highly in this regard. It will be interesting to see if he can find some consistency.

Luke has a limitation in that he doesn't seem to be able to handle 80 minutes of football. He is insane when played in bursts (see just about any game he has played for NZ) and I think it's come to the point where Souths need to bite the bullet and pick their bench around that.

I put Sutton in exactly the same basket as Jarryd Hayne and to a lesser extent Krisnan Inu. So much natural talent with the abillity to do things that no-one else can do, however they are sooo lazy and go missing for vast quantities of the game, I think it's because it's so easy for them they don't really have to work hard to produce the goods. Imagine if those guys had a work ethic of Paul Gallen, Johnathan Thurson or Cameron Smith. They'd be just as highly regarded across the league.

BP - notice the word potential in my earlier post. He is much maligned because on his day he is up their with the best in the League. Unfortunately we probably see the worst of him just as often - which is not pretty. Watching him on TV does not do his skills justice. Next time we play Souths go along and watch him in the flesh. His ability to ball play and dictate terms before the line is akin to Jason Smiths. I rate him very highly in this regard. It will be interesting to see if he can find some consistency.

I think this was the same thing I had with Lockyer. You watch him on tv and he seems to be just there when something brilliant needed to happen and in most cases it did. However it wasn't until we came up last year, you don't realise how much work and running to positions he did to be in those places to make it happen.

Sutton on TV looks like he is just going through the motions. Yet, watching him live you see the near tackle/line breaks, the getting through the line with two tacklers on him and getting the ball free. The funniest thing though is just how slow he looks while running due to his tall lankiness but then you see his strength and wonder how better he would be if he could find that next gear and not go into hiding and get involved as much as some 5/8's do.

Last edited:
Why do people have to use the whole '5(c)ouff$' thing or whatever the hell it is?

This isn't LU... I just don't get the supposed hilariousness of it?

It isn't exclusive to LU and they are the "laugh of the League".
They did this to themselves and are the gift that keeps giving, as this 5 captains thing illustrates.

Besides I find it hilarious, but that's probably because I seriously dislike them... :haha:

Why do people have to use the whole '5(c)ouff$' thing or whatever the hell it is?

This isn't LU... I just don't get the supposed hilariousness of it?
Yeah, I don't get it. I think it's one of those "you had to be there" type of jokes.

LOL@$OUFF5 has been flogged to death.

Was funny in small and appropriate doses. Then people stretched it to the point where it's just annoying.

It started a long, long time ago, in a far, far away forum because of the 5(c)uff$ fans cockiness and foremost, stupidity... you should be able to relate. :finger:

Since then, almost 15000 posts in 5 threads have been a source of laughs, and it is still going strong.

For your reference: Urban Dictionary

Also because most Souths supporters don't have any teeth so that's how they would pronounce it. Hench "$ouffs".

I though it was an internet thing but wanted to know for sure thanks...... oops i forgot PS thanks for accusing me of being stupid that is Sooooooooooooo offensive . NOT

Whenever i go see the boys play Souffs there fans are arguably the most vile pack of ferals i've ever witnessed at any rugby league game (this is including the English super league, and i thought Bradford was bad.)

AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.