State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
LOL @ Dukeys blog. awesome.

Twiztid

Twiztid

NRL Player
Apr 14, 2009
Whenever i go see the boys play Souffs there fans are arguably the most vile pack of ferals i've ever witnessed at any rugby league game (this is including the English super league, and i thought Bradford was bad.)

Did you sit by the Burrow? If so, then yes I would agree, drunken bunch of wankers. If not then you don't go to enough games (not just Souths ones).

Twiztid

Twiztid

NRL Player
Apr 14, 2009
You don't need to sit near the Burrow to experience the Souths ferals.

I guess I am a feral as well then. Then again when was the last Souths game you actually went to that was a Broncos match?

Last edited:
Twiztid

Twiztid

NRL Player
Apr 14, 2009
It's been a while. But somehow I don't think Souths fans have changed in that space of time.
So in other words, you have no idea and are just playing off the generalisation of maybe one bad experience.

I am not disputing that there isn't a small feral group at the club, every team has some. IMO the Burrow is where most feral (over passionate) of the South Sydney fans are. Their motto is get #### faced and abuse. Then again I also know many of them personally and they are some of the nicest people as well, away from the footy field and away from the drink.

However the generalisation (of no teeth and feral) fits well with every club, I have seen plenty of Broncos supporters fitting those descriptions. It is like the camera crews job of finding the "bogan" / "feral" supporter in the crowd eg - The Rabbitohs hot dog thermos guy (even though it is nasty, it is also very clever) or the big fat Broncos fan laying over two seats and showing his gummed smile.

At the end of the day it has nothing to do with our supporter base. It all comes back to our team has been #### for the past 40 years.

Fozz

Fozz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Mar 4, 2008
Man, the hot dog guy is a legend!

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Why do he cameramen find the dirty ferals? Need cricket cameramen they seem to find the hot women

Twiztid

Twiztid

NRL Player
Apr 14, 2009
Why do he cameramen find the dirty ferals? Need cricket cameramen they seem to find the hot women

I think it comes back to the bad image league has had with women over the past 5 - 10 years. Image the possible negative media if the camera guys started picking out random hot women like they do at the cricket.

Being a winter sport I guess hinders the ability to find those hot women as well. Sunday games (if sunny) would really be the only chances to get them on camera. Also with cricket having so much dead air compared to league, they need to fill in with numerous crowd shots and stats etc.

mrslong

mrslong

International Rep
Mar 25, 2008
Ever seen the Cowboys bloke they pick out of the crowd? I think he has 3 teeth and has never shaved ever.

Also, you watch the crowd shots at the Broncos on those Friday night games, they always find the hot chicks :rolleyes:

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Ever seen the Cowboys bloke they pick out of the crowd? I think he has 3 teeth and has never shaved ever.

Also, you watch the crowd shots at the Broncos on those Friday night games, they always find the hot chicks :rolleyes:

Yeah, it gets tiresome seeing you on the TV all the time, mrslong!

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
Yeah, it gets tiresome seeing you on the TV all the time, mrslong!

It was okay this time...

600x400-mandj-streaker-10a-600x400.jpg

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Bahahahahahahaha! I remember that day! 2003 wasn't it, ANZ Stadium before we moved back to Lang Park. Haha.

mrslong

mrslong

International Rep
Mar 25, 2008
Lol! I was at that game with my lesbian aunties. Awkward.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
I think it was 2001 against the Chooks.

Broncoman

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Oct 9, 2011
I was there that day. I had travelled up from Armidale in NSW to watch my old team the Roosters play. We won by 28-18 I think.

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
What, you used to support the Roosters? :confused:

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
I was there that day. I had travelled up from Armidale in NSW to watch my old team the Roosters play. We won by 28-18 I think.

It is all starting to make sense now.. :haha:

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • easybreezy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.