SPOILERS! Post game Chat Broncos VS Panthers

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
I don't really know how to take that win. Awesome second half. Dave Taylor please change your mind and stay at the Broncos.

Fozz

Fozz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Mar 4, 2008
He got a chant at full time.

I'm sad to see him go now. He is finally living up to the hype.

We can beat any team with that sort of performance, just hope that form continues against the Queens and the cows.

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Great performance in the second half but we can't afford to have first halves where we have concentration lapses against the sides coming up if we want to make the finals. For all the criticism Parker has copped of late I really thought he was great today especially with his conversions.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
I think it is safe to Lockyer is back also. It is amazing what a good kicking game can do to a side. It was refreshing to see the ball hit grass after coming of Lockyer or Wallaces boot.

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Beads6 said:
I think it is safe to Lockyer is back also. It is amazing what a good kicking game can do to a side. It was refreshing to see the ball hit grass after coming of Lockyer or Wallaces boot.

Agreed and actually Beads6 I would have to say our kicking game has been the best its been in ages in general compared to the garbage that was being displayed earlier.

I can't even remember our last 40/20.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
I think I had an accident in my pants when we kicked a 40/20. It is amazing that Lockyer or Wallace who have such good kicks don't kick them more often.

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Anyone else happpy to see Yow Yeh back in the side and playing the sort of football that kept him there earlier in the season? We really do need to keep him in the side even when Folau is back IMO.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Yow Yeh was pretty good he was great on kick chases and kick returns and he certainly knows how to find the try line.

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
I know there were parts of the game where we did things wrong, but i can't help but feel delighted with that win.

Everyone and i mean everyone showed up today and put their heart into it. Awesome.

Anonymous person

Anonymous person

Banned User
Dec 16, 2008
That second half was the best 40 minutes of football I've seen the Broncos play in years.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Amazing second half. IMO it all started with Ashton Sims! 2nd week in a row he's come on and completely lifted the side with awesome running.

But still, Darren Lockyer, just wow.

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
GCBRONCO said:
Anyone else happpy to see Yow Yeh back in the side and playing the sort of football that kept him there earlier in the season? We really do need to keep him in the side even when Folau is back IMO.

Totally agree.

I was disappointed when he was dropped earlier on in the season, he deserves to be there for sure.

Loved that tackle in the in-goal.

M

mal

QCup Player
Mar 4, 2008
Wow- first half average.. but the enthusasism in the last half especially the last 10 or so to get those two tries is just.. unreal. Something we have lacked. I havn't seen the Broncos go for the jugular like they did tonight for a few years.

R

ronnyd

QCup Player
Mar 14, 2008
Fantastic performance in the 2nd half!! Really impressed with the bench forwards today, especially sims. Dave Taylor was amazing, he has to play as a wide running backrower when Clintons back.

I hope carroll is dropped when Clinton (or Folau) come back, not playing badly, just not as good as these young fellas when they are on song.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
What an AWESOME WIN!!!!
40-0 2nd half... **** YEAH!

I was over the moon watching that game best footy we've played in ages.
Why oh why are we losing Taylor and Darren is now the one and only God! Darren God Lockyer BOOYEAH!

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
GCBRONCO said:

Who would we drop for Folau? Everyone is doing their job atm, and I don't see Folau switching to left centre almost the entire way through the season coming off a fairly serious injury.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
The real test is how we back up on Friday night.. I would trade in a fair chunk of my scrotum for a win over the Dragons on Friday night... Sims was awesome and Setu and Te'o hardened up whcih was good to see. Parker was also great, it was good to see the boys really enjoy themselves again..

Active Now

• Jazza
  • kman
  • sooticus
  • Harry Sack
  • broncsgoat
  • Justwin
  • Morkel
  • whykickamoocow
  • Dash
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Galah
  • Sproj
  • Bucking Beads
  • Old Mate
  • Bish
  • Manofoneway
  • Shane Tronc
  • Alec
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.