SPOILERS! Post game Chat Broncos VS Panthers

pennywisealfie

pennywisealfie

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
All I ask is that they try there hardest and if they lose, i will still congratulate.

Well they went above and beyond that today, Stuff like Lockyer kicking to try to get more points on the last play....i love that shit. This is the attitude we need to keep for the rest of the season.

Now we have to take on Bennett.

D

ddd

NRL Player
May 14, 2009
Full marks to all the boys - really positive performance - been quite a while since I have seen us with this sort of hunger and enthusiasm.

Sims and Te'o have really turned around along with Parker and Taylor - funny - forwards start playing well and the team starts winning

Lets hope they keep it up, I too would give some of Beadsys' scrotum for a win against the Drag-queens ^

L

lyn

QCup Player
May 6, 2008
Alec said:
GCBRONCO said:
Anyone else happpy to see Yow Yeh back in the side and playing the sort of football that kept him there earlier in the season? We really do need to keep him in the side even when Folau is back IMO.

Who would we drop for Folau? Everyone is doing their job atm, and I don't see Folau switching to left centre almost the entire way through the season coming off a fairly serious injury.
Maybe put Glenn onto the bench, Yow Yeh to left wing and Winterstein to left centre? Or we could just give Yow Yeh a go at left centre?

R

ronnyd

QCup Player
Mar 14, 2008
mjc said:
Can Yow Yeh play left centre when Folau comes back?

I really think we need to keep Glenn in the centres and unfortunately drop Yow yeh. We were leaking points like sieve down that side until Glenn locked it up.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
ronnyd said:
mjc said:
Can Yow Yeh play left centre when Folau comes back?

I really think we need to keep Glenn in the centres and unfortunately drop Yow yeh. We were leaking points like sieve down that side until Glenn locked it up.

I agree it is a shame we have to drop Yow Yeh when Izzy comes back but thats the way it has to be IMO. Next season we might see Izzy at Left centre and Yow Yeh on the wing.

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
If we can keep performing like we did today, i don't see the need to bring Folau back after such a serious injury.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Oh and how good is it not having Micheals in the team!
Now we don't get pushed into touch or tackled witht he ball everytime the ball goes left field...
How the hell did we let go of Taylor forwards are our biggest weakness and we just keep letting more forwards go!
AHHHH!!!! Please beat St Merge next week!

If we lose to St Merge Draqueens next week do we still have a chance of making the finals?

A

Astroboy

QCup Player
Mar 31, 2008
Just seen enough of the 2nd half on replay to get a good feel for it.

I'm conflicted. On one hand, so happy to see such a performance and such a scoreline. It is obviously the direct result of players who play with a bit of HEART, and who CARE about their performance and the result. On the other, I think we are all entitled to ask WHERE HAS THAT BEEN FOR THE LAST 8 WEEKS??? Why are we walking a tightrope just to finish in the top 8? Why have we lost, by embarrassing margins, to shit teams like the CRAPpitohs, just to name one, who are not worthy to walk on the same patch of dirt as our team? That game shows just where we should be on the ladder right now and it's a lot higher than we are.

Back on the positives, that was utter vintage Darren Lockyer. Can't remember the last time I saw him play a game like that, setting up so many tries with sublime passing to gap runners. Like what I say about the team's recent performances, I could say where have you been all year Darren? But as it is, I'll just say I hope to goodness that what we saw today continues for a few more weeks. We are now in the top 8 if I'm not mistaken? So as long as the Broncos continue to win, the Broncos will play finals football. Anything less would be an utter waste of a year.

L

lyn

QCup Player
May 6, 2008
Anyone find it stange that Sims and Te'o start to fire up at the exact same time that we said we might look at offloading them. Seems like Ivan lit a fire under their arse and told them to perform or they are gone.
Well it has worked!

M

m1c

NRL Player
Mar 16, 2008
I'm sad yet happy, had a good go at the panthers with the 6.5 start

Great game by the boys, geeze Sims really stood up.

F

Flutterby

International
Mar 5, 2008
Attitude in attack was much better today. Was happy to see them continue running in tries even after the result was locked up - and especially that last play after the hooter. It's that kind of attitude of just keep on playing and going for the jugular that has been missing. Goal Line defense is still sketchy. Hope attitude keeps up and we build on this again further next week.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
ningnangnong said:
If we can keep performing like we did today, i don't see the need to bring Folau back after such a serious injury.
You're kidding yourself. He's on a half a million $$$ and is a origin and international level winger he will walk straight back into the team regardless of how well we go.

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
broncospwn said:
ningnangnong said:
You're kidding yourself. He's on a half a million $$$ and is a origin and international level winger he will walk straight back into the team regardless of how well we go.

He is recovering from a serious injury. Why risk making it a long term problem if we don't need him back in the team?

Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008
On the good side Sims had a real dig, looks like he has decided NRL is the place to be.
Yow Yeh was tremendous, he wants to be there and it shows.
Parker playing tight and Taylor running wide is working, thats something the coaching staff have sorted correctly.

On the bad side, we still have massive problems in D particularly on our line.
Our forwards overall don't run hard enough and are not straight enough, we will get owned by the Saints in the ruck area, they have more numbers and are so much more aggressive than the Panthers.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Our kicking game is key against the Dragons IMO. Boyd , Morris and Sailor give the Dragons easy metres every set and really set it up for the forwards. I'd be kicking for the touch line if I were Lockyuer and Wallace.

M

mjc

BRL Player
Jan 14, 2009
I love how there were lots of balls turned back on the inside by our halves for men running at speed up the middle this game. I think that is an area we can really test the Dragons next week... they'll no doubt be onto it after watching this game though - but being onto it and stopping it are two different things.

D

ddd

NRL Player
May 14, 2009
lyn said:
Anyone find it stange that Sims and Te'o start to fire up at the exact same time that we said we might look at offloading them. Seems like Ivan lit a fire under their arse and told them to perform or they are gone.
Well it has worked!

Definately - sign them to incentive based contracts next year - low bases, but with incentives such that they have some motivation - or just sign them on a monthly basis - Can't believe it is the same Ashton Sims [icon_shru

Active Now

• BroncosAlways
  • Jedhead
  • BroncoFan94
  • Battler
  • Broncos Maestro
  • Brocko
  • Skyblues87
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.