Spring Racing

I'm not really a More Joyous fan to be honest (surprise surprise it's another Gai horse that I don't rate [icon_lol1. ). She's been beaten as a short priced favourite a few times now and I think it'd be crazy to take $1.65 about her. Samantha Miss ran about that price in the same face last year and she was in much better shape and form that More Joyous is at the moment. I dunno, I just cringe when I see Gai's horses at odds on :mrgreen:

I can't say I'm too enthralled about going all out on her at those odds - never am - but am quite happy to include her in a multi.

I think you are being a bit harsh on her Jeb, she was slaughtered in the slipper on a bog and those odds on debut this prep were absolutely ridiculous given she was up against the older mares and with a wide gate. I'm her biggest fan and not even i thought about touching her. Madame Pedrille has since come out and franked that form after she should have beat Hot Danish and then also winning on Saturday.

I think shes the best filly in Australia.

Another for those that like their short odds is Dantes Volonte, resuming on the west coast this Saturday. Apparently this thing has massive joint issues, however when right is arguably the fastest horse in the country. We were given a snapshot of his potential when he toweled Scenic Blast by close to 4 lengths. Two weeks later Scenic was in Melbourne winning group Ones.

Providing he stays sound, a trip to Melbourne beckons.

Fair call, I'll change that to I think she has the most scope of any filly in Australia. She is a serious racehorse.

Good effort by More Joyous on Saturday I'll give you that. Still not a fan, but mainly because I hate how Waterhouse and the like talk her up to be a "champion" when she is yet to be tested against a real quality field, and the fact that she has failed as short priced favourite a couple of times.

Oh and just to talk myself up a bit:
I am hesitant about backing Onemorenomore as he's had 2 gutbusters his last 2 starts, especially the first one when he had 60kg and the ride did him no favours.
8-)

Eagerly anticipating the barrier draw for the Caulfield Guineas. I just hope Trusting runs well enough that they take him to the Cox Plate where I am on at 40-1 [icon_pray.

Oh he couldn't have been throwing his head around anymore if he tried. Not sure what they are doing with him pushing forward his last few starts and now they wonder why they can't get him to settle quietly? Yes i am talking through my kick haha

Haha I couldn't tell [icon_lol1.

Especially in the Ming Dynasty when he was carrying 60kg and they pumped him out of the gates. Terrible tactics and they've ruined the whole campaign now. If he wants to win a Derby it will have to be in Sydney or Brisbane.

caulfield races tommorow..race 4 ( mr) number 11 ( wanted )..theres my tip

Anyone know anything about going to Eagle Farm on Melbourne Cup Day? I won't be working that day (or in fact any day after that, muwhahaha, side track) and so was thinking of getting Frocked Up and heading in. Never done it before, can anyone rock up on the day or is it only really open for corporate functions?

you can rock up, anyone can...there will be like a zillion people there

You guys obviously saw it, how awesome was Efficient's Cup trial in the Turnbull. He came home like an absolute steam train, if he runs well in any other lead up runs (no idea what they are planning) and comes home strongly he will be an unbackable Melbourne Cup favourite.

Was a fantastic run, I was pretty keen on Rebel Raider before it's injury. Still think he is the best 2400+m horse in the country. In saying that Efficient's stablemate Cest Le Guerre is just as much of a chance, he was rated as the number 1 pick in the Williams camp this year and Arnold even hopped off Efficient to ride him. A wet track and IMO he has the race at his mercy after his dominant display in the NZ derby in the heavy going.

The Gymp said:
You guys obviously saw it, how awesome was Efficient's Cup trial in the Turnbull. He came home like an absolute steam train, if he runs well in any other lead up runs (no idea what they are planning) and comes home strongly he will be an unbackable Melbourne Cup favourite.

Efficient goes to the Cox Plate and then to the Cup. He is in better form now than he was when he won the Cup. If it weren't for injury I seriously reckon this bloke could've done a Makybe. He is one hell of a racehorse.

I like him as a under the radar Cox Plate runner for his Cup odds, in the sense he won't win and will probably be last until the short turn home and only run midfield. He won't come crashing further in, if he was running the Caufield Cup he would probably storm home to place or win and would be $3.00 to win the Melbourne Cup. Running the Cox won't effect his Cup price if anything it might wind him out.

I think we've found the challenger to Efficient and Viewed in the Cup - and that's Alcopop.

Absolutely won with his head on his chest today, is in absolutely amazing form and will only carry 51kg!! The challenge will be getting in the field, and I'd say they'll try and do it via the Cox Plate which he bloody well could win as well. Although Whobegotyou today showed that he will be very hard to beat in that race.

The Guineas was a strange race. There was speed on and only So You Think ran on, and IMO he didn't run on all that strongly. All honours with the winner Starspangledbanner.

I reckon Whobegotyou wins the Cox by a long way, I love the horse and love what it did today.

Active Now

• Battler
  • BroncoFan94
  • bb_gun
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Santa
  • cento
  • Hurrijo
  • mystico
  • Kev_Guz
  • Sproj
  • heartly87
  • Dee
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • FACTHUNT
  • Yellowfella
  • Allo
  • BruiserMk1
  • Mighty Bronx
  • Robboi_321
  • Aldo
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.