OFFICIAL Staff moved on.

I’ve earned the right to be smug about some things and I take my medicine when I’ve been wrong other than that one time I wasn't

Given you are often wrong, I fixed it for ya.

But seriously, you are good at going with it.

I think a few people get confused with corporate structure of the club as to who can be touched and who cant. let me summarize roughly:

Broncos PTY LTD - The entity that all are employed by.

The untouchables:
Board of directors -answer to shareholders.
  • Responsible for governance and compliance
  • Appoint CEO to manage daily operations
  • Responsible for financial success
  • Remuneration can be from 20k to millions. Pay is approved and voted on by shareholders.
  • Rarely interfere with day to day unless something is critically wrong.
  • If you hate the board, buy up min shareholding and vote, or buy a weighted share to outvote newscorp.
CEO - answer to board.
  • All day to day staff report to CEO with exceptions (below)
  • Financial, HR, legal and compliance departments have direct reporting and access to both CEO and board
  • Appoints all day to day staff
  • Implements boards directions.
  • Can hire and fire anyone except board members (some exceptions occur depending on structure)
  • Cant do shit about lazy board members if they want to keep their job.

The chairman can though, he is in charge of the board and is a news corp lacky. TBH I'm comfortable with Nolan gone we can definitely work with that.

Nope. only the shareholders can get rid of board members, usually via a vote at the AGM. although i'm sure there are ways to do this outside of the usual AGM vote, but it would definitely need the approval of the majority of shareholders (in our case, News Corp need to want to happen)

the Brisbane Broncos are a publicly traded company on the ASX, and are thus bound by the Corporations Act.

Unread

Active Now

• Fitzy
  • Morkel
  • I bleed Maroon
  • winslow_wong
  • Galah
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Mustafur
  • Broncosgirl
  • Allo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.