NEWS Staggs in strife again

The NRL's Committee for the Propagation of Virtue and the Prevention of Vice (aka Integrity Unit) is shit sifting Kotoni Stagg's sauced up antics at the Eatons Hill Hotel over Easter. They have requested CCTV footage hoping to indentify a woman who can help them stitch up Kotoni.

The story currently circulating alleges the NSWelshman was on the turps with his mates before heading to the Eatons Hill Hotel in search of some action. All fine until just before 3am when the Broncos centre mustered the courage to make his move on one of a gaggle of women. Staggs tried his signature move of extending his arm around her but this time it didn't work. The lady nightowl allegedly didn't care for Stagg's advance and asked him to keep his mitts to himself. Bouncers intervened and promptly turfed the highly eligible bachelor out on his ear. And that was the end of that. Until the NRL got wind of it.

So now Kotoni has run afoul of the code's moral guardians 3 times in 12 months. Not a good look for the player holding the entire club to ransom over his contract.

Top NRL Mullah Andrew Abdo said this of his last incident back in February:

“We have issued him with a $10,000 fine and most importantly, he has to complete an education course and he has to meet with me personally and the head of integrity, together with the club CEO, before he is permitted to play again. We want him to understand the impact of his words on people and the responsibility that players have to the community. His language is utterly unacceptable but this is about making sure he understands the impact of that and actually changes."

Screen24 fight

Education

“There are three components - the fine, the education course and making sure he sits down with us. Getting them to meet with me is not the silver bullet, but I want to explain to them the impact this has on their personal brand, on the club brand and on the game’s brand and then there are two ways they can go from there."

“This is important in relation to Kotoni which is why we want to meet with him before he returns to the field.”

McHunt

**** him, let’s not re-sign him. He doesn’t deserve it.

if he thinks he can pick and choose, let him. He can go the same way as Hoffman.
Yeah starting to think maybe we should pull our offer too.

His attitude in general, trying to bend the club over a barrel demanding he play 6, and his continual off-field rubbish may just not be worth what he delivers on-field…

Happy to let him go. Great attack weapon in the centre’s but if he wants to play 5/8 he can do so elsewhere.

Yeah starting to think maybe we should pull our offer too.

His attitude in general, trying to bend the club over a barrel demanding he play 6, and his continual off-field rubbish may just not be worth what he delivers on-field…
My only reservation against cutting him loose is it may be the club wanting to see how he comes back on field before inking any deal and obviously for DD to be back.

If he is being the dick I'd happily see him walk out.

This side finally seems to be starting to recognise each other and play for each other, I'm not Staggs is the best fit regardless of talent if he is being as much of a jerk as is being made out. I would say he has lost a lot of fans the way he's been acting.

Can confirm Eels are all but out. They wont budge on their offer (got told 550, this is less than i thought, and would explain the delay of Staggs commiting).

You mean Badel has been lying about "Sydney teams" offering $800k...

shocked... absolutely shocked

Shocked Oh My God GIF by Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt
I wouldnt be suprised if his management were spruiking it up. Its fell pretty flat for them as Broncs and Parra havnt really budged. Add to that injury and his questionable decisions off the field, have probably jammed themselves in a box.

Time for a deadline. We are six months on from the famed “player can talk to other clubs mythical Nov 1 deadline” which probably means we were talking $$$ months before that to try and get it signed. So approaching 12 months really.

I get the whole injured and wants to prove value thing but let’s face it even Locky took a year to get back to his best after his knee injury.

Sign for two years if it’s a problem and look elsewhere if we are still a train wreck in 12 months time?

Time for a deadline. We are six months on from the famed “player can talk to other clubs mythical Nov 1 deadline” which probably means we were talking $$$ months before that to try and get it signed. So approaching 12 months really.

I get the whole injured and wants to prove value thing but let’s face it even Locky took a year to get back to his best after his knee injury.

Sign for two years if it’s a problem and look elsewhere if we are still a train wreck in 12 months time?

next year is a PO ... he's been able to "talk" to other clubs for 6 months

Isn't Staggs one sex tape away from being kicked out of the NRL?

This side finally seems to be starting to recognise each other and play for each other, I'm not Staggs is the best fit regardless of talent if he is being as much of a jerk as is being made out. I would say he has lost a lot of fans the way he's been acting.
Yea this. If they can start putting in these "Suncorp perfromances" consistently, I would rather not drop anyone for more 'star power'. The same goes for a potential Reynolds signing.

I'm hoping the 4 year deal at 2.4 million i heard about weeks ago is the top end of our offer. Even $600k a year is high for him imo.
I love how all the big journos had him at 800k. Just goes to show, they spin a lot of shit to create their own drama and print stories. If you and I have both been told these numbers, 550/600 then the Journos would have known as well.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • broncos4life
  • Johnny92
  • mieko
  • Justwin
  • BooKhaki
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Broncosgirl
  • GCBRONCO
  • Foordy
  • Browny
  • Old Mate
  • Brocko
  • lynx000
  • Fitzy
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.