State of Origin 2022

Reynolds might be in the extended squad but unless Cleary gets injured I can't see him being picked.

Moses isn't bad but he isn't at his level no way.
Oh I agree Reyno over Moses every day of the week, I just wonder if Freddie gets another half into camp as depth/cover, will he go for Moses based on age (ie Reyno too old). I hope so, from both a Qld and Broncos perspective.

Surely Reynolds has bought himself a spot in the squad? Though probably not given his age...I'd expect probably Mitch Moses as #7 cover...will be interesting to see which way Fittler goes.
I think squad players are typically the ones who are on a bye... so I expect a few broncos to be around the squad for round 13.

I don't expect Reyno to be the 18th man and even if he was that doesn't necessarily rule him out of the broncos game in Rd 17, unless he's already upgraded to the 17

So let's say we lose all those guys, who the heck do we run out for the club?

1. TMM
2. Pereira
3. Lee
4. Farnworth
5. Mead
6. Gamble
7. Reynolds
8. Jensen
9. Walters
10. Palasia
11. Robati
12. Riki
13. Kennedy

14. Paix
15. James
16. Willison (is he back by then?)
17. Piakura

Man, stoopid origin.
I’m sorry but use your head Hetho is a great player but he isn’t in the origin calculations. No point pretending like it’s gonna happen.

I think Coates is first winger picked. Cobbo and Oates fighting it out for the other spot, and hopefully they go with Oates.

I think this is pretty much locked in.
1. Ponga
2. Oates/Cobbo
3. Gagai
4. Holmes
5.. Coates

I think Coates is first winger picked. Cobbo and Oates fighting it out for the other spot, and hopefully they go with Oates.

I think this is pretty much locked in.
1. Ponga
2. Oates/Cobbo
3. Gagai
4. Holmes
5.. Coates
You think Coates should be first picked or will be?

Coates can run faster and jump higher than Cobbo and Oates, but they do everything else better.

IDK how Billy will pick given he is new and he might want to do some big changes, but he has been heaping praise on both Cobbo and Oates, I think at this stage unless Coates has a big game, he is left out though, Cobbo has overtaken him as far as I'm concerned and I can't see Oates missing selection at this point, plus I think most can see Cobbo has a higher ceiling he has way more skills in his play book and is almost as strong in the areas Coates is best at.

If Coates has a blinder next week will be the showdown.

Broncos and Cowboys both playing really well, QLD is looking stronger every week.

IDK how Billy will pick given he is new and he might want to do some big changes, but he has been heaping praise on both Cobbo and Oates, I think at this stage unless Coates has a big game, he is left out though, Cobbo has overtaken him as far as I'm concerned and I can't see Oates missing selection at this point, plus I think most can see Cobbo has a higher ceiling he has way more skills in his play book and is almost as strong in the areas Coates is best at.

If Coates has a blinder next week will be the showdown.

Broncos and Cowboys both playing really well, QLD is looking stronger every week.
What bodes well for Oates is that he's a left sided winger.

Cobbo carries left handed, but hasn't played there, so to do it for the first time in origin would be a risk.

Coates started the year on the left at Melbourne, but was quickly shifted to the right when Jennings got injured

What's the eligibility status for someone like Kikau??

Didnt he come up through the grades in Nth Qld... or was he already too old at that point to qualify for qld??

What's the eligibility status for someone like Kikau??

Didnt he come up through the grades in Nth Qld... or was he already too old at that point to qualify for qld??

He cant play. Came to QLD too late in life. Bit like JT13

Lets say matt lodge was killing it atm,do you need an active nrl contract to be selected for SOO?

Lets say matt lodge was killing it atm,do you need an active nrl contract to be selected for SOO?
Well you can select SL players in theory so I don't think so?

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • GCBRONCO
  • Harry Sack
  • whykickamoocow
  • IceWorks
  • LGH
  • broncotville
  • heartly87
  • Fozz
  • Spooky1013
  • cento
  • Alec
  • sooticus
  • I bleed Maroon
  • BroncosAlways
  • Santa
  • Johnny92
  • Bish
  • Jazza
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.