State of Origin 2023 - Game I Discussion

Tonight has made me appreciate Reynolds kicking game soooooooooo much. It's light years ahead of anything I've seen tonight and this is meant to be the 2nd and 3rd best kickers...

Have had zero possession for like 20mins... Klown blowing yardage penalties, but ignoring blues being offside nonstop... injuries to a position we already had no one to play.

Surprised that we're still in front.

What is up with these weak kicks? Getting no distance at all.

This fast paced style of game isn't suiting us, it's suiting NSW.

I would be looking to kick the ball into touch as much as possible. We aren't chasing the kicks well enough and they're just gaining too much momentum from their kick returns.

Kick it into touch, slow it down a bit and that way they're not starting their sets against a staggered defensive line.

Imagine going from a clip on a beast like Lewis, to a clip of these hipsters in the wilderness.

This fast paced style of game isn't suiting us, it's suiting NSW.

I would be looking to kick the ball into touch as much as possible. We aren't chasing the kicks well enough and they're just gaining too much momentum from their kick returns.
If we can get some sort of roll on then the early kick is what we can look for as well.

Mamoth effort to be leading 10-6. We've basically been defending our line since the 15th minute.

If this game goes as most NRL games tend to the possession and territory SHOULD even up. Munster needs to pull some of his Munster storm bullshit out the bag.

Not your typical origin game but bloody hell NSW are so unlikeable.

If we can get some sort of roll on then the early kick is what we can look for as well.
There was an early kick (on 4th) early in the match, and it was such a dud kick. Munny has had a terrible kicking game so far. Straight lollipops to Teddy on the 30. I wondered if he had a bet on, it was that bad.

Mamoth effort to be leading 10-6. We've basically been defending our line since the 15th minute.

If this game goes as most NRL games tend to the possession and territory SHOULD even up. Munster needs to pull some of his Munster storm bullshit out the bag.

Not your typical origin game but bloody hell NSW are so unlikeable.
He gets pinged for it in Origin. He has tried it a couple of times and given away field position.

Typical Klein performance. Calling him inconsistent is being kind. NSW are leaving early in defence with impunity and QLD are battling to get out of their half.

We look gassed and may not hang on. Munster's kicking game is bog average and we are struggling to have any impact at the end of sets because of it.

Active Now

• Big Del
  • theshed
  • Aldo
  • Confidor
  • achievedrap
  • Battler
  • mrslong
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Pigskin
  • Lostboy
  • Allo
  • KevieBurnerAccount
  • broncos4life
  • Dexter
  • Morkel
  • jd87
  • winslow_wong
  • sooticus
  • Lurker
... and 25 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.