State of Origin 2023 - Game I Discussion

There was an early kick (on 4th) early in the match, and it was such a dud kick. Munny has had a terrible kicking game so far. Straight lollipops to Teddy on the 30. I wondered if he had a bet on, it was that bad.
That was because he kicked it off the back foot... it was a terrible decision to kick especially given we were up by 10 at that point.

Need to have momentum through the ruck before kicking early.

Typical Klein performance. Calling him inconsistent is being kind. NSW are leaving early in defence with impunity and QLD are battling to get out of their half.

We look gassed and may not hang on. Munster's kicking game is bog average and we are struggling to have any impact at the end of sets because of it.
Klein is a pretty weak ref. He definitely gets swayed to one side early. Blues just had to have a little whinge early and he is theirs.

DCE defensive error was bad, really bad. But so far I cannot really fault cobbos defence, he's put pressure on chricton which has been pretty critical

That was because he kicked it off the back foot... it was a terrible decision to kick especially given we were up by 10 at that point.

Need to have momentum through the ruck before kicking early.
Exactly why I thought he was on the take. Was just a low footy IQ play from an experienced game manager.

because apparently despite their being nothing blocking the bunkers vision of the ball at anytime, they were unable to make a decision.
Tbh grant most likely touched that ball, but they didn't have enough angles. It's fair to give them back the challenge

Ref yelling out "Hold, Hold", after the NSW defenders have already left early, and not penalising them, is just gutless by the ref. If you're going to coach them, at least have the backbone to penalise them when they treat you with contemp and ignore you completely.

Tbh grant most likely touched that ball, but they didn't have enough angles. It's fair to give them back the challenge
Remember when the ref's word was final? Remember them saying that in like U7's? The challenge for such things is such an undermining of authority. It is so stupid that such challenges are allowed.

We need horsburgh to come in game 2 I reckon. We are really struggling to go forward, reckon he’d be a game changer.
Also, where is flegs????

There was an early kick (on 4th) early in the match, and it was such a dud kick. Munny has had a terrible kicking game so far.
You mean other than his kick for QLDs first try .......

yeah? 🙃

so apparently it's been 9 years since nsw have won an origin when down at half time

Ref yelling out "Hold, Hold", after the NSW defenders have already left early, and not penalising them, is just gutless by the ref. If you're going to coach them, at least have the backbone to penalise them when they treat you with contemp and ignore you completely.
Especially considering how picky he is being on the other side of the ball... reffing only going one way at the moment.

Exactly why I thought he was on the take. Was just a low footy IQ play from an experienced game manager.

Looked more like a pre-determined plan to kick early to turn their forwards around, but again it's like they've been kicking a balloon in to an oncoming breeze. Hopefully it actually is a breeze and not weak kicking, and we get it at our backs second half.

Active Now

• BroncosFan_Corey
  • broncos4life
  • Confidor
  • bb_gun
  • I bleed Maroon
  • marw
  • Morkel
  • achievedrap
  • Harry Sack
  • winslow_wong
  • Big Del
  • theshed
  • Aldo
  • Battler
  • mrslong
  • Pigskin
  • Lostboy
  • Allo
  • KevieBurnerAccount
  • Dexter
... and 27 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.