State of Origin 2023 - Game I Discussion

I would fucking love for him to fill in for us at hooker until Mozer is ready but he has earned the right to play whatever position he fucking wants.
I said it after last years SOO..........

Please come home Ben

Forgive The Doctor GIF by Doctor Who

Love this:

Queenslanders are queenslanders at Origin time.

I can't imagine Turbo or Latrell standing behind Cleary mimicking his shooting up celebration like this.

Cleary’s vein celebration isn’t even original, the Bulldogs in the AFL did it first.

I'd pay Haas a million or so for the Broncos and he'd be great to keep long term, but at this stahe he doesn't have another level for Origin. Typical nswelshem lmao

Fifita is gonna regret staying at the titans. Every time there's footage of him he is hanging around the broncos boys, obviously they are all best mates. A premiership with mates, or even 10+ years playing with your mates is worth so much more then a couple 100,000 when you're already a millionaire anyway. Ask any ex high level player.
Now, with his new deal?! Yes.
Back when his mates were on a sinking ship with Captain Pies at the helm? No.
Keep in mind he got an additional
400-500K PER YEAR on first 3 year contract and no Pies as a coach. For an additional $Mill+ and to have any other coach than pies? My mates can get f*cked 😂
I agree, this new contract, he should’ve come home.

So Klein's awful performance will carry the consequence of what this time? Given his last awful performance was penalised with an origin appointment, where do they go from here?
He gets appointed in Game 2. That’ll teach him. Plus he will keep it “fair” by bringing the decider to Game 3.

So if NSW lose this series, does Fittler face the sack?

That would be 3 of the past 4 series lost despite having the superior side on paper. Pretty much since QLD have got their shit together after those two bad years in '18/'19, QLD have been the more successful side of the two.

If Ponga could actually stop getting head knocks, i reckon he could go ok in the centers tbh.
no thanks but I do have my doubts on Val, he is in liability mode defence wise atm, I hear there is an experienced QLDer who plays on the right centre for Newcastle tho.

So if NSW lose this series, does Fittler face the sack?

That would be 3 of the past 4 series lost despite having the superior side on paper. Pretty much since QLD have got their shit together after those two bad years in '18/'19, QLD have been the more successful side of the two.
They should have just kept Bellamy imo, they put him in, in the only era where QLD had the better players and tossed him off immediately.

Fittler is worse then most 2nd tier coaches from what I've seen including his shit record in NRL at Roosters. with the players they have available, it's laughable how bad he is, that said I guess he is slightly better then TAB Laurie.

But at the end of the day NSW just doesn't get Origin.

I was pretty annoyed that Flegler was penalised, and then totally stunned when he was sin binned. Missed that happening because 9 was too excited about Nicho coming onto the field, only for him (with a full tank of fuel) to miss a tackle on Munster and see the Hammer streak away.

Active Now

• I bleed Maroon
  • Foordy
  • jarro65
  • thenry
  • Xzei
  • RolledOates
  • BroncsNBundy
  • NSW stables
  • Fitzy
  • theshed
  • Sproj
  • Wild Horse
  • broncotville
  • Manofoneway
  • Stix
  • Wolfie
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Waynesaurus
  • Bish
... and 13 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.