State of Origin 2023 - Game I Discussion

They need forwards who can match our intensity and physicality. They don't have them in that side. Just a couple of blokes who they think are enforcers but really they are just grubby cents.

This. The media mistake cheap, grubby tactics as dominating an opponent, but it's the opposite. If you have to resort to that shit, it's compensating for the fact that they can't compete in a fair physical battle. There are some players that can get away with a bit of niggle because they could still grind a game out when it mattered (like Nate Myles), but for these players, the niggle comes after the hard work is done, after you've beaten your opposite and need to sap any confidence they have left. As opposed to a Young, or a Radley, who lead with their cheap shots, but don't have the mental toughness to push through it when there's nothing left in the tank and everything is going against you.

We can’t over pay for haas, this is how he performs against top four teams and I’m betting it’s very similar in finals….patty gears up, Payne just stays the same full stop. Wonderful player but we can’t crush our spine just to keep him.

Cronk made a great point on Fox earlier: For a bloke who supposedly hates playing in the middle, Hunt sure is good at it. Probably better than his 7 play.

Because he is just all guts and effort. He could be tasked with scraping boogers off the underside of school desks, and he'd do it all day and then after hours go back through and clean up any his workmates missed on their quota. I've only gained more respect for him after doing it every week for the Dragons, without fail, and most would say "but he should, he's being paid $1.2 million a year", but that's just because someone offered him that, he'd do the same job for a fraction of that if that's all the job paid. I would fucking love for him to fill in for us at hooker until Mozer is ready but he has earned the right to play whatever position he fucking wants.

350687506 613496800842531 1038947252548556685 n

They'll double down and give him a 3 week holiday instead

Yeah agree, the NRL will claim that there was contact with the shoulder (and therefore even if 90% of the impact was head to head, there was high contact) and hit him hard.

If I was Freddy I'll hook the following players:
- Turbo (he's out of form), replace him with Burton at centre
- Hudson Young , don't mind him being a pesty villain but he needs to back it up with substance.

ya know, i noticed even the little things, i was watching when qld and nsw got to the ground, and ya know qld Professional as ever in the blazer and khakis, then ya got nsw in their crappy training gear and the fuckstick luai, too, chichton blasting their massive speaker. just standards

Love this:

Queenslanders are queenslanders at Origin time.

I can't imagine Turbo or Latrell standing behind Cleary mimicking his shooting up celebration like this.

Active Now

• thenry
  • Wild Horse
  • Wolfie
  • BroncsNBundy
  • Manofoneway
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Waynesaurus
  • Bish
  • Allo
  • Shane Tronc
  • Battler
  • HarryAllan7
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Xzei
  • Lurker
  • Stix
  • Financeguy
  • Sproj
  • Alec
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.