State of Origin 2023 - Game I Discussion

I thought Dave finished the game strongly. He went looking for the ball.

Was a bit quiet in the 1st half.
He was off the field for half of the first half with a HIA... probs why he was so quiet lol

Love this:

Queenslanders are queenslanders at Origin time.

I can't imagine Turbo or Latrell standing behind Cleary mimicking his shooting up celebration like this.

And here’s me thinking as a Broncos fan I don’t want to see any Broncos player ever do a “Phins Up”, I don’t give a f*** what jersey they’re wearing.

The stats pretty much just confirm what it looked like live though, the left was solid defensively where as the right looked weaker.

Collins on the other hand with 5 misses didn't feel like that live.

Munster missed 5 as well, but on the flip side they were the players who came up with the big Origin moments for us. I still cant believe Collins actually came up with that!

“This is a wig, [Walsh] couldn’t pull it out,”

“I knew it was him too because he ran away,” Luai said.

“He doesn’t want to [fight]. I’m ready for it, I love that stuff. If you’re going to do that and run then that says a lot about you.”

Luai gobbing off about Walsh pulling his hair.
It would be hilarious if Walsh actually responded to it and called out Luai... little bitch does a lot of talking and then hides behind his penrith forward pack and sits outside Cleary waiting for him to do something.

He's the biggest flog in the league and deserves soooo many punches to the face every game

Just watching cobbos second try. Walsh is right next to the play the ball on the far left of the field and ends up throwing the pass about 15 in on the right side. Great effort to meander across field to be in position to throw that pass.

Just watching cobbos second try. Walsh is right next to the play the ball on the far left of the field and ends up throwing the pass about 15 in on the right side. Great effort to meander across field to be in position to throw that pass.
So hard to defend Reece with the speed he has... how do you mark up on a bloke that can move across the field that quickly without the ball in hand.

On Cobbo's first try he's outside Luai before he even gets the ball and then Crichton is in no man's land with hands on absolutely nobody... you can basically see his eyes spinning from the high shot. He looks like an amateur because Reece has schooled that whole left side defence.

It would be hilarious if Walsh actually responded to it and called out Luai... little bitch does a lot of talking and then hides behind his penrith forward pack and sits outside Cleary waiting for him to do something.

He's the biggest flog in the league and deserves soooo many punches to the face every game

I cant stand players like him. They shit stir because they know nobody is punching them in the mouth. He's the type of bloke Gordy would have just destroyed.

I cant stand players like him. They shit stir because they know nobody is punching them in the mouth. He's the type of bloke Gordy would have just destroyed.
He's the type of bloke that wouldn't have survived in first grade... or even made it through reserve grade... because he would've been flogged after one game of running his mouth and retreated into his shell to be a nothing player

Its a shark. He did it when he was a Cowboy. Watch the try at about 4 mins in this clip. Its scarily similar to his second try last night. Even down to what he does to Walsh. Its like what happened to Teddy.

I thought it was a Koori thing.

On rewatch some of the passes from Cleary to Teddy were awful. Teddy had no chance with the bad ball he was receiving that by the time he got good ball he had no idea what to do with it.

Unread

Active Now

• levikaden
  • Fozz
  • broncsgoat
  • Xzei
  • Broncosgirl
  • Mister Wright
  • Fitzy
  • Old Mate
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.