State of Origin 2023 - Game I Discussion

This can't be a real quote.

Luai spent the night shuffling the ball off as quick as he could to avoid contact or anyone doing "something about it". He doesn't love a fight, he loves shoving someones face into the ground after someone else tackles them. There's just no accountability for this **** wit. There's a group of people on Twitter claiming racism every time he's insulted too.

Yep, it's a real quote.

Lazo- three line breaks in 19 games.
Harragon three line breaks 20 games.
Webcke two line breaks in 21 games.
Petero two line breaks in 31 games.
Price two line breaks in 28 games.
Bella 1 line break from 21 games
Morris two from four games!
Brown five from 10 games! That's impressive from Burger.

Yet Payne needs that a game. Seems totally fair expectation on a front rower. I'd like to see him kick goals and drive the bus too before I will rate him.

And fold a fitted sheet neatly.

“This is a wig, [Walsh] couldn’t pull it out,”

“I knew it was him too because he ran away,” Luai said.

“He doesn’t want to [fight]. I’m ready for it, I love that stuff. If you’re going to do that and run then that says a lot about you.”

Luai gobbing off about Walsh pulling his hair.
Pretty sure he was just trying to grab the grub and got some hair in the process, then realised he had a handful of it and let go to prevent yet another penalty from the blues ref

In regards to Haas, he plays at Origin level week in week out, that's why its not as noticeable.
The other Nswelshman had to life their game to match Haas's baseline.

And fucken lol at NSW having a weapon like Haas in the side and not taking advantage of it.

Pretty sure he was just trying to grab the grub and got some hair in the process, then realised he had a handful of it and let go to prevent yet another penalty from the blues ref
This is not the first time someone has grabbed that pussy's hair attempting a tackle, im almost certain he has it that way deliberately to use in situations like this.
Luai has rocketed to my number one most hated player in the game, with daylight second and Feldt third.

In fact, i wouldnt mind Penrith winning games if he wasn't in the side.

In regards to Haas, he plays at Origin level week in week out, that's why its not as noticeable.

And fucken lol at NSW having a weapon like Haas in the side and not taking advantage of it.

It's that and people just don't value defence. It's too easy not to notice.

This is not the first time someone has grabbed that pussy's hair attempting a tackle, im almost certain he has it that way deliberately to use in situations like this.
Luai has rocketed to my number one most hated player in the game, with daylight second and Feldt third.

NAS deserves to be on there.

I read this and instantly thought he must wear a merkin tbh.

He does play at a high level week in week out, but thats club football. Origin just isnt club football. I think you always notice him. My main critique i guess is i look at big game players in Origin and they have the big origin moments. Even if they dont play particularly well. Look at Collins. Missed a fifth of his tackles ( 5 out of 25, incidentally, the same as Munster who did a fair bit as well despite playing ordinary to win us the game ), didnt make huge meters but kept competing and going right until the end and his play basically sealed the win. Thats an Origin play. I dont see that from the grubs down south.

For me, this isnt a thing levelled simply at Haas. He did his job. Its something i levelled at them as a pack and as a team. They are good enough, they play well enough but as a team i think they lack the players who give you those big Origin moments regularly. I just dont see if NSW go down to 12 men and behind on the scoreboard them doing what we did. I certainly dont see one of their props coming up with the play Collins did. Until they understand playing like a club side wont win you Origins under adversity, they will keep coming up short against weaker Queensland sides.

He does play at a high level week in week out, but thats club football. Origin just isnt club football. I think you always notice him. My main critique i guess is i look at big game players in Origin and they have the big origin moments. Even if they dont play particularly well. Look at Collins. Missed a fifth of his tackles ( 5 out of 25, incidentally, the same as Munster who did a fair bit as well despite playing ordinary to win us the game ), didnt make huge meters but kept competing and going right until the end and his play basically sealed the win. Thats an Origin play. I dont see that from the grubs down south.

For me, this isnt a thing levelled simply at Haas. He did his job. Its something i levelled at them as a pack and as a team. They are good enough, they play well enough but as a team i think they lack the players who give you those big Origin moments regularly. I just dont see if NSW go down to 12 men and behind on the scoreboard them doing what we did. I certainly dont see one of their props coming up with the play Collins did. Until they understand playing like a club side wont win you Origins under adversity, they will keep coming up short against weaker Queensland sides.
Are they weaker sides though Wolfie?

NSW are so far up their arses when they smile their breath smells like shit. Much of their 'stars' are simply hyped up to the max by the southern press.
Somebody captured it better than I could ever hope last night when they said Nathan Cleary was just Brodie Croft with a great publicist.
If the game had been reffed in a ridgey didge, fair dinkum manner last night. The cockroaches may have scored two tries max and we were in danger of scoring 7 or 8. I mean everytime the ref allowed us to get down there we virtually scored. This was despite Freddy the space cadet harping on all week that they were making defence their number one priority.
Almost every cockroach player when interviewed leading up to the game said they were doing overtime on defence.

The hype was outrageous....and yet look at the scoreboard...5 tries to 3 with 12 men for 70 minutes both back rowers crook, One of our wingers and back rower sent off for HIA (non of NSW) not at least until Turbo was in la la land.

The Southern press hype their own up every year.

Druggy Johns waxing lyrical all week about Cleary just being on that cusp of greatness where everything slows down and he just sees things two or three plays ahead.....Please!!!! He was less effective than Brodie Croft last night FFS 😂

When you Have the Combo of Walsh, Munster and Grant that is soo much attack in one team, Origin is a very defensive game but with that much try creation in the spine the opposition needs more attack in return to compete.

As of right now there is no NSW option to counter those 3, Walsh creates more chances then any fullback in the game by a mile, Munster is the best Adlib Half in the game by a country mile which is why he works so well in a game that doesn't have structure, and Grant is the best Dummy half runner and Passer in the game.

“This is a wig, [Walsh] couldn’t pull it out,”

“I knew it was him too because he ran away,” Luai said.

“He doesn’t want to [fight]. I’m ready for it, I love that stuff. If you’re going to do that and run then that says a lot about you.”

Luai gobbing off about Walsh pulling his hair.
If Walsh did that he is my new favourite player.

Are they weaker sides though Wolfie?

NSW are so far up their arses when they smile their breath smells like shit. Much of their 'stars' are simply hyped up to the max by the southern press.
Somebody captured it better than I could ever hope last night when they said Nathan Cleary was just Brodie Croft with a great publicist.
If the game had been reffed in a ridgey didge, fair dinkum manner last night. The cockroaches may have scored two tries max and we were in danger of scoring 7 or 8. I mean everytime the ref allowed us to get down there we virtually scored. This was despite Freddy the space cadet harping on all week that they were making defence their number one priority.
Almost every cockroach player when interviewed leading up to the game said they were doing overtime on defence.

The hype was outrageous....and yet look at the scoreboard...5 tries to 3 with 12 men for 70 minutes both back rowers crook, One of our wingers and back rower sent off for HIA (non of NSW) not at least until Turbo was in la la land.

The Southern press hype their own up every year.

Druggy Johns waxing lyrical all week about Cleary just being on that cusp of greatness where everything slows down and he just sees things two or three plays ahead.....Please!!!! He was less effective than Brodie Croft last night FFS 😂

I personally think they have a better group on paper than we do. Its probably very debatable though if in Origin they are. They are a team full of top quality club players but as i've said a few times, they play like a team who is playing NRL footy, not Origin footy. As big a meme as its turning into, if they got Origin, they would be a lot more dangerous.

I personally think they have a better group on paper than we do. Its probably very debatable though if in Origin they are. They are a team full of top quality club players but as i've said a few times, they play like a team who is playing NRL footy, not Origin footy. As big a meme as its turning into, if they got Origin, they would be a lot more dangerous.
Their forwards won from what I saw though, they had more ball in the right areas.

The issue for them wasn't forwards it was their spine, especially Tedesco at fullback but also Cleary not asking enough questions.

Tedesco was a liability in defence and wasn't involved at all in attack other then killing it with a selfish run.

This combinations nonsense NSW dribbles on about is a joke, unless you have the full team and basically the coach of the team your basing it on it's not going to work in Origin.

Origin requires players who can function in Adlib situations, highly structured players like Cleary look lost when taken out of Penrith, he looked average playing for the Roos as well.

They Also just don't get Origin.

Active Now

• bb_gun
  • Xzei
  • jd87
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Stix
  • ostin86
  • broncos4life
  • Yellowfella
  • Foordy
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Strop
  • Gaz
  • Scorchie
  • FACTHUNT
  • Redfern_1980
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.