State of Origin 3 - Build Up Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It goes both ways. Mal gets in his not too subtle questions prior to each match as well, although this is a very not so subtle tactic from the Blues. It is as if the Blues media forgets they have had during the last 7 and two thirds series; Bird, Gallen, Ennis, Farah, Watmough, Mason, Scott, Weyman, Snowden among others all of these guys are heavily penalised at NRL level, yes they pick some good forwards but they pick ill-disciplined guys and guys who take it that fraction too far (which is hard to do in Origin). We have been both blessed with few injuries and smart in keeping our forwards settled for such a long period, the guys we have know how to slow it down and niggle but to the point of keeping the whistle away and not further, Myles and Cam especially are masters at it. These statistics are also an indictment on the pathetic support historically they receive in Sydney both in terms of numbers and in terms of the crowd noise (although the stadium doesn't help their cause). This sort of rubbish just galvanises the QLD boys, the NSW media just seem to love giving our guys that little bit extra reason every year and Mal will exploit this to our advantage. But yeah Rothfield is a fucking knob.

They will stoop to any depths imaginable to win this game, any. I cannot believe the load of tripe from slothfield and co...
They know that with fair refs, they are no chance, so they plan these secret meetings to ask for a "fair go". Riiiiiiiiiiiight! :glare:

History rests on the ref's whistle for Origin III | News.com.au

NSWwhingechamps_zps233984fe.jpg

The Blues have won only 50 per cent of the penalty counts on their own home ground in the past 10 Origin games. The Maroons, on their home ground at Suncorp Stadium, have either won or drawn 84 per cent.

Love this bit, so they expect to win the penalty count because it's there home ground?

How about just play to the rules a bit more it works for us.

The Blues have won only 50 per cent of the penalty counts on their own home ground in the past 10 Origin games. The Maroons, on their home ground at Suncorp Stadium, have either won or drawn 84 per cent.

Love this bit, so they expect to win the penalty count because it's there home ground?

How about just play to the rules a bit more it works for us.

i love the subtle massaging of the facts too. so subtle that most wont even notice.

blues have won 50%.
Maroons have won or drawn 84%.

why not count draws for NSW? because then the figure probably jumps up to 80%+ as well, and because saying the blues won 50% infers that the Maroons won the other 50%, which is not true. then they would have even less to whinge about, though it wouldnt stop them trying.

was funny, yesterday there were 3 separate articles in the daily telegraph carrying on about how the Maroons are incessant whingers. 3 entire separate articles. seems a bit like a whinge if you ask me.

here are the penalty counts since 2000: (match - NSW/QLD = team with most penalties)
1 - 7/5 = NSW
2 - 5/8 = QLD

1 - 4/3 = NSW
2 - 5/4 = NSW
3 - 4/6 = QLD

1 - 1/2 = QLD
2 - 5/4 = NSW
3 - 5/3 = NSW

1 - 4/4 = DRAW
2 - 3/8 = QLD
3 - 7/5 = NSW

1 - 5/4 = NSW
2 - 2/4 = QLD
3 - 4/8 = QLD

1 - 3/3 = DRAW
2 - 7/9 = QLD
3 - 5/7 = QLD

1 - 5/6 = QLD
2 - 4/1 = NSW
3 - 7/7 = DRAW

1 - 3/4 = QLD
2 - 3/2 = NSW
3 - 4/4 = DRAW

1 - 3/6 = QLD
2 - 5/2 = NSW
3 - 5/3 = NSW

1 - 5/3 = NSW
2 - 4/7 = QLD
3 - 4/5 = QLD

1 - 2/4 = QLD
2 - 4/4 = DRAW
3 - 5/4 = NSW

1 - 6/3 = NSW
2 - 4/2 = NSW
3 - 2/1 = NSW

1 - 4/5 = QLD
2 - 7/5 = NSW
3 - 6/8 = QLD

1 - 5/5 = DRAW
2 - 5/8 = QLD
3 - 5/5 = NSW

NSW have won or drawn 24/41
QLD have won or drawn 23/41

Ive bolded the last 10 games at NSW's home ground. So yes, they have won "only" 50% of the penalty counts there...but QLD only won 30% of them. the other 20% were drawn. so NSW have won or drawn 70% of the last 10 games at their home ground, a mere 1 match less than QLD have at Suncorp. i also dont understand how you can win or draw 84% of 10 matches at suncorp? how does that happen? each match is 10%....for the record, QLD have won or drawn 80% of the last 10 matches at suncorp, not 84%.

so...
NSW at home = 70% win or draw penalty count.
QLD at home = 80% win or draw penalty count.

interesting to say the least.

Last edited:
Bring on the game already....

... i get sick of this media tripe every year :001_rolleyes:

I don't even want to think about the repercussions of NSW winning game three.

The media will be awash with shit like 'We did it for Gal' and big noting about how they won without the best player in the history of the planet. VOMIT.

WE MUST NOT LOSE!

They're already saying that if they win, Gallen will come out and accept the Shield with Farah. Which is the right thing to do, but **** it'll still make me spew lol.

Won't happen

Better fuckin' not!!

The down side of Gal not playing is we don't get to see him slumped on the turf having a cry after we win.

AGAIN.

:loool:

Bloody hell i hope we win.

Losing to the scum, who don't have their chief ratbag in the side, would be unbearable.

Just saw Daley on the news publicly appeal to the refs to favour them in the penalty count, FMD i have never in 40 years of playing, watching and coaching rugby league seen anything like it.

I wonder if he has any idea how pathetic it looks.

His exact words were "being at home you would like to think you'd' get a few things go your way but we'll see how the referees respond".

If that's not desperation I don't what is. The refs IMO will be under more pressure than usual to appear impartial so I can't work out what he is trying to achieve besides set up an excuse for losing.

NSW Logic. They're losing the penalty count at home and away. Problem must be the refs!

Derp.

Game day has arrived finally!

GO THE BLUES

Laurie - on the list of your priorities, the penalty count should sits at about 37.

Key to Blues victory, IMO
- Lot's of ball to Luke Lewis, he's been troubling the Qlders all series
- Get Jennings the ball outside Hodges as often as possible - that means spinning it early I think. Hodges will crack eventually.
- Fifita and Tamou getting over the advantage line every play with arms free. Make the Qld forwards work overtime to shutdown the offloads.
- Tell McManus to stay on Boyd on the touchline no matter what happens
- Forget the fury of the first hour be within 10 points at the 65 minute mark and it's anyone's game.
- Find the ground on every kick.
- If it comes to it, don't give it to Mitchell Pearce for the field goal clutch play.

Keys for Qld:
- Just do what you've always done. When it stops working we'll try something new.

NSW needs to go all out after the 20 minute mark. They could win the game there if they dominate field position. If we hold on, we should win it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Waynesaurus
  • bb_gun
  • Browny
  • Organix
  • broncsgoat
  • Jazza
  • Foordy
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Harry Sack
  • Mustafur
  • Mighty Bronx
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Aldo
  • Dash
  • Morkel
  • westy316
  • BroncoFan94
  • theshed
  • Redux
  • Financeguy
... and 18 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.