State of Origin 3 - Build Up Thread

Discussion in 'State of Origin 2013' started by subsbligh, Jun 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Charmamba

Charmamba Life is a Fantasy League

From what I understand that was purely a misquote from the media, the truth is actually more along the lines of the media misheard a conversation during a team bonding session.

Daley: Are you in yet Paul?
    Gallen: No i'm not in yet hold on.

Media: I just overhead Gallen tell Daley he isn't in yet, quick run the story before anyone else. 'Paul Gallen out of Origin3'

meanwhile after some wiggling Gallen was finally in.

Harry Sack likes this.
  2. jarro65

jarro65 State of Origin Rep

I think that might work against us.

I'd prefer him there as i don't think he's been anywhere near his best this year.

Not having him there might make them lift just that little bit more ??

3. Kaz

Kaz State of Origin Captain

I wanted him there, so the players could smash him legally.

4. Anonymous person

Anonymous person Banned User

Bit of an interesting fact confirming what i said a while back about boyd lol:

"Demonstrating NSW's woes in containing Queensland's left edge raids at close range, Boyd has only been forced to evade cover defence on two of the 12 occasions that he's crossed the stripe since 2008."

from Darius Boyd near untouchable on the left wing for Queensland | News.com.au

5. Dexter

Dexter

I bet Gal hates that question

6. Broncoman

Broncoman State of Origin Rep

Paul being out is a big loss but we are efficient enough to cover it imo and a win isn't out of the question.

7. Not that I will be at all happy if NSW win this series ....in any way shape or form .....PERIOD!!

However, I will admit that I'll have a wry smile IF (and that's a big if...mind you) NSW do somehow jag the win.

It will leave Gallen torn up inside that he wasn't on the field as part of it. It will be a hollow victory for Paul Gallen after all his years of trying.

This will be enough for me to gain some satisfaction.

LittleDavey83 likes this.
  8. Broncoman

At least we don't have idiots that try to light fire to kids in dolphin suites and blokes taking dumps in hotels or in a mates shoe, oh and Craig Field and Donny Mickinnon never played Origin.

Hopoate's acts were just downright stupid and I would've banned him for longer to be honest

Mundine well he is just an ego maniacal clown with a plank on his shoulder

9. Cordner in for Reynolds.

Good selection, I rate Cordner.

10. No-one's ever done what Hopate's done re: playing stink fingers

he typifies some of the filth that inhabit the NSW sky blue.

Les Boyd, Gyer, Hopate...Bird....Gallen, it really is grub central when you look at it.

11. QLD have had players in the past spend the night before the game in hospital, virtually dragging themselves off the drip in a bid to make sure that they don't let their state or their team mates down.

NSW on the other hand seem to be tripping over themselves in a race to pull out of the game due to "injury"

I can almost hear the whining and excuses from down south now ......how QLD only won their 8th series in a row because NSW weren't able to field their best team.

:001_rolleyes:

12. Broncoman

Forget who it was but someone playing for the Sharks did it a couple of years ago

13. Anonymous person

Anonymous person Banned User

You mean gallen when he squeezed a players testicles? Or when he ripped at someone's stitches?

14. Kaz

Kaz State of Origin Captain

I thought he did.

Or are you talking about another player.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2016
  15. The stitches was Anthony Laffranchi, wasn't it?

"He grabbed my wheels", Lolz.

No Cookies | The Courier-Mail

He must have something against the Titans.

16. vertigo

vertigo NRL Captain

QUEENSLANDER, Alec and LittleDavey83 like this.
  17. Broncoman

You learn something new every day, he actually did I never knew that.

18. So Farah is captain? Shut him down and NSW have nothing.

LittleDavey83 likes this.
    Boyd Cordner in place of Reynolds is a good move by NSW, but I'm not sure it will be enough now Gallen is out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.