State of Origin 3 - Build Up Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand why Cameron Smith would actually come out saying stuff like that?, not a smart move by making comments that have the potential to fire up your opposition before one of the biggest spectacles of the year.

Last edited:
I don't think that type of comment will fire NSW up, when you are down 7 series in a row you don't need any motivation from what is quite an accurate comment about a pretty shameless dog act from Merrin. If anything this was aimed at his own players reminding them that the NSW players will not only play like grubs but will also get away with a very large amount on the field while doing so.

It will add some fire i'm pretty sure of that.

Fire them up as in so one of them can punch someone in the head for either 'twisting legs for years' or for pushing a player away from the play the ball so he can get to dummy half? If this is what NSW need to be inspired they are in even more trouble than I presumed.

Sucks that Jarryd Hayne won't be playing as i feel a lot more confident when he is. McManus well we have to pick someone in form I guess, he isn't to much better than Merritt but is a lot more reliable and solid.

1011962_603574192997247_1817472845_n_zpsa3383630.jpg

James about to get a new McAnus torn by Boyd and Inglis.

that's what I'm afraid of ....
me too.

the way things have been going, everyones going to just expect QLD to walk out on the field and win. the way QLD have been playing the last 2 years, they often think that too. if they think that way for this game, like game 1, theyll lose.

NSW are no where near the mental state of mind they were game 1. Their whole performance was overshadowed by the "Gallen's Law" incident.

Ferguson come good was one of the feel good stories of Game 1; the poster boy for the "new Blues", ready for redemption a new era with Maloney, Fifita.

We all know what happened then. First Tamou, then Hayne, then Ferguson.

And just like Ferguson, it all came crashing down in Brisbane. Daley knows this team needed 100% of everything to go right for them. No injuries, no suspensions, no indiscretions. They're in a world of pain.

NSW have dug themselves a grave with their old ways of mistaking fighting, wounded egos and grub plays for toughness, passion and respect.

Qld finished them with class and totally humiliated NSW by making them training partners for the final 30 minutes of the contest and reminding them of how far they have to go to compete with this Qld side.

Laurie Daley has nothing left up his sleeve. No trick plays. No extra motivation. Just deer in the headlights and the fear of losing, again, to drive his players.

Even with the refs changing the rules on the fly, the NRL scheduling and 80,000 dickheads in blue wigs at their side, it's 12 more months boys and back to the drawing board.

me too.

the way things have been going, everyones going to just expect QLD to walk out on the field and win. the way QLD have been playing the last 2 years, they often think that too. if they think that way for this game, like game 1, theyll lose.

Absolutely not. They've just been here before, have nothing to prove, have the better side and are not playing from a handicap.

They're relaxed, and Mal is the master motivator. He knows how to get the players in the right head space.

me too.

the way things have been going, everyones going to just expect QLD to walk out on the field and win.

Not me........

Game 1 showed that if we don't show up, the numpties from down south are actually able to jag a win.......

Gallen is out.

Just on the 9 news.

No link yet.

From what I understand that was purely a misquote from the media, the truth is actually more along the lines of the media misheard a conversation during a team bonding session.

Daley: Are you in yet Paul?
Gallen: No i'm not in yet hold on.

Media: I just overhead Gallen tell Daley he isn't in yet, quick run the story before anyone else. 'Paul Gallen out of Origin3'

meanwhile after some wiggling Gallen was finally in.

Gallen is out.

Just on the 9 news.

No link yet.

I think that might work against us.

I'd prefer him there as i don't think he's been anywhere near his best this year.

Not having him there might make them lift just that little bit more ??

I wanted him there, so the players could smash him legally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Hurrijo
  • Morkel
  • Broncosgirl
  • KateBroncos1812
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.