State of Origin 3 - Build Up Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you're forgetting some of Uate's glaring defensive issues from last year's series.......out of position badly, sus under the high ball.

I hadn't seen Uate/Knights play for a while and after watching about ten minutes on Sunday and seeing Uate spill a high ball

....it doesn't appear to me that anything's changed with Uate's problems.

Every winger they've played have had glaring defensive issues out there - including McManus. No doubt Uate has his issues but his strengths make him a stronger player than McManus and I believe NSW need somebody better than a bloke who can just 'do a job'.

1052550_603150919706241_931974090_o.jpg

Every winger they've played have had glaring defensive issues out there - including McManus. No doubt Uate has his issues but his strengths make him a stronger player than McManus and I believe NSW need somebody better than a bloke who can just 'do a job'.

In club football I might agree with you, but in SOO when any mistake will likely cost you points, where mistakes are capitalised on at a higher percentage because of the quality of players you're playing against

for me, defensively safe wins out every time.

In SOO, Uates pros are outweighed by his cons.........

IMO they shouldve stuck with carney. hes got more creativity, skill and talent in his pinky than all the rest of the NSW halves combined. and multiplied by 5. then squared.
Agreed. Surely after this long NSW must realise constantly changing their players, especially in key positions such as the halves, hasn't helped them to try and stop QLD winning. If anything, it's just aided QLD. Out of the 2 halves from last years series they chose to stick with Pearce. Says a lot imo.

I honestly fail to see how McManus is in anyway a better option.

Whatever strengths he has over Uate are minimal at best.

Not that I'm complaining though - I'm happy as Larry he's there.

I find it ridiculous how Cameron Smith in this article is going on about what great sports the Maroons are and how respectful of the opposition they are. It doesn't work that way Cam good sportsmanship and humility is observed and isn't something you can lay claim to. Honestly I hate but respect the QLD team as without them there wouldn't be a series and I feel that they are good sports as well but comments like that make you sound all big-headed.

Merrin shot shows disrespect: Smith | The Roar

So it's different when Tate did the same thing last year and Danny Williams king-hit can't be compared to anything post 2000.

I find it ridiculous how Cameron Smith in this article is going on about what great sports the Maroons are and how respectful of the opposition they are. It doesn't work that way Cam good sportsmanship and humility is observed and isn't something you can lay claim to. Honestly I hate but respect the QLD team as without them there wouldn't be a series and I feel that they are good sports as well but comments like that make you sound all big-headed.

So it's different when Tate did the same thing last year and Danny Williams king-hit can't be compared to anything post 2000.
whatd tate do last year?

and yes, good sportsmanship is something you can lay claim to lol.

whatd tate do last year?

and yes, good sportsmanship is something you can lay claim to lol.

Hit Greg Bird when he was on his back with his arms pinned by GI and Tate himself when Bird was unable to defend himself.

It was a love tap and do you forget the O'donnell head butt on Taylor?

lolz!

firstly, that was IN THE MIDDLE OF AN ALL IN BRAWL. it wasnt while bird was bending down to pick up a ball in general play.

secondly, it was barely even a punch. you can tell he wanted to, thought "ill get sent off if i break the guys skull", and just gave him the equivalent of a palm to the face.

being in a fight and unable to defend yourself is vastly different to just playing football and having someone clock you in the head lol.

Good sportmanship is a topic as a NSW fan you know nothing about ........

2-1 .......****!! :001_tt2:

What I posted in the Game 2 discussion thread straight after the game proves i'm a good sport.

Good sportsmanship and humility is observed and isn't something you can lay claim to........:winky:

hes like a lightswitch that broncoman kid lol.

Hit Greg Bird when he was on his back with his arms pinned by GI and Tate himself when Bird was unable to defend himself.

I giggle my ass off every time I see footage of that. Without doubt, the most retarded "punch" I've seen. It's so obvious that he was going to punch him, thought better of it and decided to smoosh his face instead. A fairly low act for sure, but at least he pulled it.

NSW fans justifying dog acts is like Dennis Ferguson defending his right to hang at playgrounds.

I love it how quick New South Welshmen are to point out the Tate situation.

Tell me again who started the fight?

Also tell me what happened to Tate in Game 1 that year?

As Billy would say: one all *****.

*indicates I'm referring to Bird. Bman is alright in spite of his NSW supporting tendancies.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Financeguy
  • Bucking Beads
  • Big Del
  • FaceOfMutiny
  • Broncosgirl
  • Culhwch
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • mitch222
  • Fitzy
  • Sproj
  • Jazza
  • Fatboy
  • Harry Sack
  • bb_gun
  • broncsgoat
  • Santa
  • Lurker
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.