State of Origin 3 - Build Up Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep Hayne is a monster loss whether on the wing or at fullback, McManus is a good finisher and a very solid defender but they will not have that x factor that Hayne possesses so they are clearly worse off by this change. I think we will just target the channels a bit more with McQueen, Thaiday, Te'o and Papalii rather than go around them like we did in game 2. Running with numbers at their halves worked in game 2 but we then shifted the ball wide once they started to push in due to the pounding they were taking, this time I think we will see us turn it back on the inside more often without Merritt handing us free overlaps.

I remember the last time McManus was the form winger of the competition and was made for Origin.

Was a good night, the commentators still complain about it.

Sucks that Jarryd Hayne won't be playing as i feel a lot more confident when he is. McManus well we have to pick someone in form I guess, he isn't to much better than Merritt but is a lot more reliable and solid.

The NSW team's revolving door goes into over drive once again Bman.......??

Merritt plays ONE bad game and he's out

next !!!

Poor ole Johhny Sutton doesn't even get to touch a blade of grass and

next !!! Johnny's out for Cordner.

What would that make Cordner......NSW 1000th player to pick up the scummy sky blue?

as opposed to QLD's 100 odd......

NSW loyalty is as misguided as ever......:laugh:

I have this hunch that Slater is a long way from being what he was last year and wonder if he is carrying an injury.

This will be one game when Slater has to be at his absolute best.

I think it's very unwise to under-estimate the Blues in this game.

McManus is a good club winger but gee I feel a less threatened with him playing than Uate.

The way I see it, the right side winger isn't going to get any good ball anyway, with Pearce (Origin dud), Dugan (Hoffman) and Jorris (2005 Tate) on his inside. You might as well have someone who's at least kinda defensively safe there.

I have this hunch that Slater is a long way from being what he was last year and wonder if he is carrying an injury.

I'm like you ....I'd be feeling much more confident if GI was playing at the back.

Slater's lost a bit of his edge this year, IMO

GI should be QLD's primary fullback, now and into the future.

Slater would adjust brilliantly to the wing.

McManus is a good club winger but gee I feel a less threatened with him playing than Uate.
Yep, I thought Uate would be a better choice.

Everyone chill,
Just played an origin game on RLL 2, QLD won 32-6.

Its a sign, we got this.

I felt Uate was the favourite i'm disappointed that he didn't get picked.

oh Slater is playing busted, that's just a fact. I'd be surprised if he doesn't have some sort of surgery on his knee at the end of the season.

even with it though, he's still heads and shoulders above every other fullback apart from Inglis. I really think having Inglis and Slater switching around depending on whats happening would just give us an extra edge, but I don't think it'll happen unfortunately. Slater will give it his usual 110% though, there's no question about that. Just loved seeing Inglis wind up and skittle the defenders in game 3 last year.

IMO they shouldve stuck with carney. hes got more creativity, skill and talent in his pinky than all the rest of the NSW halves combined. and multiplied by 5. then squared.

even sutton would be better, hes killing it this year.

IMO brett stewarts only good thing is his support play. apart from that hes nothing above average.
Thank god for the NSW selectors not having a clue, as per usual.

Same here, he is one of those players who grows a leg in Origin. Naturally NSW dismiss this and chop and change instead of allowing the guy to gain confidence.

oh Slater is playing busted, that's just a fact. I'd be surprised if he doesn't have some sort of surgery on his knee at the end of the season.
Yeah I also think Billys body is starting to give way, he gets smashed week in week out and as you said gives 110 percent, first signs this year that it is taking its toll, hopefully he can hold up for a couple more years.

I think you're forgetting some of Uate's glaring defensive issues from last year's series.......out of position badly, sus under the high ball.

I hadn't seen Uate/Knights play for a while and after watching about ten minutes on Sunday and seeing Uate spill a high ball

....it doesn't appear to me that anything's changed with Uate's problems.

I think you're forgetting some of Uate's glaring defensive issues from last year's series.......out of position badly, sus under the high ball.

I hadn't seen Uate/Knights play for a while and after watching about ten minutes on Sunday and seeing Uate spill a high ball

....it doesn't appear to me that anything's changed with Uate's problems.

Hrmm. Let me see. Uate, Merritt both marking on the Inglis/Boyd left wing. Hayne looked terrible on that wing a few years ago.

Why pick a player out of position in your weakest defensive area?

They need to pick the best defensive left winger in NSW and sacrifice any attacking prowess down that edge. I have no idea who that is but it certainly isn't a half baked Hayne.

Also, imagine the feeling we currently have as Broncos fans (i.e. in a losing patch of form, nothing working, no answers, shitty selections, off field dramas) multiplied over 7 years.

That would suck, a lot.

Hrmm. Let me see. Uate, Merritt both marking on the Inglis/Boyd left wing. Hayne looked terrible on that wing a few years ago.
yeah NSW dont seem to see the pattern lol.

you have the best centre in the game, who is also almost undoubtedly the best attacking player in the game, whos broken the origin try scoring record in half the time it took it to be set, and a winger outside him who knows exactly what he has to do when hes outside said centre and who i believe would now also have broken that origin try scoring record........something tells me its not just the defensive wingers fault. its without doubt the most successful centre/wing combination in origin history, yet NSW seem unable to come up with a gameplan other than "chuck a rookie winger there, tell him to rush up on the centre, then drop him if they score on that side". its laughable.

to be fair he actually caught the high ball....

he then dropped it as soon as he tried to run with it lol.

yeah NSW dont seem to see the pattern lol.

you have the best centre in the game, who is also almost undoubtedly the best attacking player in the game, whos broken the origin try scoring record in half the time it took it to be set, and a winger outside him who knows exactly what he has to do when hes outside said centre and who i believe would now also have broken that origin try scoring record........something tells me its not just the defensive wingers fault. its without doubt the most successful centre/wing combination in origin history, yet NSW seem unable to come up with a gameplan other than "chuck a rookie winger there, tell him to rush up on the centre, then drop him if they score on that side". its laughable.

to be fair he actually caught the high ball....

he then dropped it as soon as he tried to run with it lol.

GI - 15
Darius Boyd - 12

Dale Shearer - 12

They'll probably end up 1 and 2 by a long shot for a long time. A record that will never be broken.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Johnny92
  • barker
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.