State of Origin 3 - Build Up Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be riding QLD like nothing else, since the Broncos are giving me nothing to cheer about :P

Make it happen already!!

Plantar Fasciitis... Not sure how to target that other than twisting his foot.
Also have no idea how he plans to be good in a couple of weeks with that injury, that as any other tendon issue, can take months to heal.

They can accidently stand on his foot & when getting off it, do the twist on it. (Our excuse can be, we were doing the Big Brother ad, which is on Channel 9)

Gallen will be needled for sure. Which makes it better as he won't feel the twisting, until the numbing from the needle wears off.

Somehow pull his toes back to flex the plantar fascia.

Bird in a fair bit of doubt as well by the sounds of it.

I reckon they'd miss Bird just as much as Gallen, he's twice the player at Origin time.

QLD will need to be careful though, if they are missing some big names...complacency will be fatal...

Bird misses out and they replace him with Glenn LOL Stewart. Please make it happen.

8em.png

Jayne on the wing again? Deeeerrrpppp

Jayne on the wing again? Deeeerrrpppp

Yeah, it's ridiculous, especially considering how Dugan, Maloney and Pearce only add up to about Brett Seymour's level of creativity when you add them all together. Hayne will probably spend time at fullback later on in the match though.

Still, for the most part it's only Farah we need to worry about laying on a real try.

The only way Farah will set up a try is through a kick

Pretty happy with the team I've got no complaints about any of the selections. Was expecting to see that side named anyway.

Hayne has played his best Origin games on the wing and because of his injury him playing on the wing would be more effective as he doesn't need to get involved in the game as much and I thought Dugan played strong in Game 2.

Possible final team:

1- Josh Dugan
2- Brett Morris
3- Michael Jennings
4- Josh Morris
19- James McManus
6- James Maloney
7- Mitchell Pearce
18- Aaron Woods
9- Robbie Farah
10- James Tamou
11- Luke Lewis
12- Ryan Hoffman
13- Anthony Watamong

14- Andrew Fifita
15- Trent Merrin
16- Josh Reynolds
20- Boyd Cordner

:loool:

Dugan played the classic fullback role fairly well, but he is pretty much Josh Hoffman, and fails to get the rest of the backline properly involved through actual ball playing. That paired with Pearce and Maloney who rely on someone else picking up the extra ball playing for them (SBW) just doesn't get the most out of their attack. Doesn't help that they have Jorris on the right who doesn't pass either.

NSW is similar to the current Broncos in a lot of ways.

Hayne has played some good games on the wing but he adds a lot more to the team from fullback. Dugan would do just fine on the wing.

NSW selectors, you can always trust them to derp up what should be a simple question.

I'd say Hayne will be fullback in attack but wing in defence. Tamou really doesn't deserve his spot. He has been terrible this year.

Possible final team:

1- Josh Dugan
2- Brett Morris
3- Michael Jennings
4- Josh Morris
19- James McManus
6- James Maloney
7- Mitchell Pearce
18- Aaron Woods
9- Robbie Farah
10- James Tamou
11- Luke Lewis
12- Ryan Hoffman
13- Anthony Watamong

14- Andrew Fifita
15- Trent Merrin
16- Josh Reynolds
20- Boyd Cordner

We should deadest annihilate that team if it's what they run out with.

Mind you, I'm hoping for Gal, Tweet Tweet and Jayne to all play at 70-80% and get FUCKED UP!! NSW with a 1 man bench for 60 minutes or so sounds fucking superb lol

I think Boyd Cordner is a weapon, they lose little if Bird is out for him. Gallen missing out and Woods coming in though is a different story, Woods showed he doesn't have the leg drive or aggression in Origin 2.

Possible final team:

1- Josh Dugan
2- Brett Morris
3- Michael Jennings
4- Josh Morris
19- James McManus
6- James Maloney
7- Mitchell Pearce
18- Aaron Woods
9- Robbie Farah
10- James Tamou
11- Luke Lewis
12- Ryan Hoffman
13- Anthony Watamong

14- Andrew Fifita
15- Trent Merrin
16- Josh Reynolds
20- Boyd Cordner

I'd probably have Lewis at lock.

It's not really a bad team, but it's NSW, so I don't think they will have the spirit to lift.

I think Boyd Cordner is a weapon, they lose little if Bird is out for him.

Maybe in a few years, but at the moment Cordner would still be a rookie, while Bird is one of their best players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Mighty Bronx
  • BroncosAlways
  • Broncosgirl
  • Galah
  • cento
  • MrRobot
  • Fatboy
  • winslow_wong
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Foordy
  • Battler
  • Broncorob
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.