State of Origin 3 - Build Up Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just wanna see a ref penalise Gallen for something .... anything !!!

QUEENSLANDER - Glad somebody asked this question. In recent weeks, Idris had really cemented himself as one of the form centres of the competition yet while everybody is flapping their gums about Sutton & Reynolds his name wasn't even getting a mention.

I believe there are a few reasons behind that. Like Sutton, he has a reputation for being lazy and despite knocking that in the head for the majority of 2013, he still had lapses from time to time. There were also some question marks on his Origin mentality. Usually, this is a moot point because it was that type of knock that saw Ennis and nearly Buderus preferred over Farah BUT I believe there is a fair case when it comes to Jamal. I still remember that story about his last campaign where he rocked up and while Sticky was really trying to get his men to focus on the job, Jamal cared more about his iPhone than actually concentrating on the drills, bonding and such.

Gallen is a **** club man, glad he isn't a Bronco.

Well that's rubbish no idea what kind of Sharks games you watch but let's move on.

As i have said before the losers in Origin complaining about the referee's performance is nothing new as someone from both sides complain about the officials when they get beaten.

QUEENSLANDER - There were also some question marks on his Origin mentality. Usually, this is a moot point because it was that type of knock that saw Ennis and nearly Buderus preferred over Farah .

Bedsy was an automatic starter last year and Farah only came in when Danny pulled out with injury and Farah got MOM in City-Country and kicked the Tigers to a win the day before the Origin team was announced.

Well that's rubbish no idea what kind of Sharks games you watch but let's move on.

As i have said before the losers in Origin complaining about the referee's performance is nothing new as someone from both sides complain about the officials when they get beaten.

Its painfully clear Gallen doesnt give a shit about the sharks around origin time

i guess we very rarely hear it from QLD as we very rarely lose ;)

Is gallens current injury exploitable ??
And by exploitable I mean one we can absolutely target the shit out of

Plantar Fasciitis... Not sure how to target that other than twisting his foot. :loool:
Also have no idea how he plans to be good in a couple of weeks with that injury, that as any other tendon issue, can take months to heal.

Not that you had any faith in it... :001_tt2:
not gonna lie, i thought we'd get done in game 2.

but like ive said for the last 3 years, including this one, there are 2 QLD teams - the one that turned up in game 1, and probably two of last years matches and 1 the year before that looks disinterested and that they dont want to play, or the one that turns up and is without peer. if the second team turns up, we win. the problem has been that as the team gets older and more successful, the first team seems to be the one that shows up more regularly, at least for the first half. then its just a matter of can we fight back or not, which if we give up too big a lead (like 14-0 in game 1) is just too hard.

as much as i dislike the selection of some of the players, it really comes down to our core players like slater/inglis/thurston/cronk/scott/myles to decide if we win or lose. if they dont want to be there, we dont win. dont know if its complacency or old age, but they need to get their minds in the game a lot quicker than they have lately if we're to win game 3. game 2 showed what we can do when we want to win, so lets hope they want to win.

Excellent post, Anonymous person. I think you've nailed it. Imo, our performance in game 2 was the best since probably the 2011 decider. We were very lucky last year as the blues were the better side in large sections of all three games. Qld's ability to win the crucial moments and some puzzling refereeing really helped us out last year.

I thought we dominated Game 3 last year and only took a flukey try that Boyd should have shut down for them to get close

I have a few days off, I might watch last year's decider again. There were some concerning signs though. An example would be that NSW scored first in each half in all three games last year. In fact, last Wednesday's game was the first time Qld scored in the last 4 games. We have a more potent attacking side than they do and as others here have pointed out, a good start by us will decide it.

One thing I remember from Game 3 was Pearce's attempted field goal in the last minute. He struck it pretty sweet and it was only good pressure from Teo that made it wave away. I was pretty critical of his selection but credit where it's due, he came up with a big play there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• ivanhungryjak
  • Jedhead
  • Broncorob
  • Porthoz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.