State of Origin 3 - Build Up Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I get that but he is brutal and running off his club halves he would be incredible. You are right though ideally for them it wouldn't be at Bird's expense, I think you bring him in for Hoffman they look infinitely better.

Hoffman is so shit at origin level, I don't know how he escapes all criticism.

Cause he plays for Melbourne. People wanted to pick Chambers for the same reason.

Dugan's positioning at the back was woeful at times and has been the case for awhile.

I'm happy with the side.

Words: "Nathan Merritt was coached by me to a game plan to rush in on GI - it's not his fault Boyd scored twice and probably could have scored 3 more"

Action: Name McManus in Game 3 as his reserve winger.

Hayne being out would be a massive blow, but McManus is underrated IMO. Certainly better than Merritt.

Much better than merrit but neither compare to hayne.

Hayne being out would be a massive blow, but McManus is underrated IMO. Certainly better than Merritt.
Not sure about that. I don't think he's that much better than Merritt to be honest. A very good finisher without a doubt, probably a level above defensively, but by no means anywhere near the threat that Hayne would represent...

Yeah, I'm not comparing him to Hayne. I think they'll really struggle without Hayne or at least Stewart at fullback, guys who can do more than just run the ball. But they could do worse than McManus with whoever is left.

Hoping Papalli gets more minutes in game 3. He was awesome against the Cows. I'd rather him dominating on the right edge, but I think he'll go well in the middle of the field once again too. His defence is very good for someone who is an attacking dynamo first and foremost.

fullback is the least of NSW's worries. Dugan played VERY well in game 2. watched the game 4 times now and he did some excellent things, didnt really do much, if anything, wrong either.

no hayne is a huge blow, but you couldnt ask for a better replacement than dugan IMO.

Dugan did well individually, but he's not the player they need. They struggle to come up with points as it is, they need a ball playing fullback. Having Dugan is the same as having Hoffman for us - he can be damaging on his own, but he isn't going to use the rest of the backline as well as someone like Hayne or Stewart.

i disagree. they need a ball playing halfback/five-eighth first and foremost.

you need a fullback to defuse attacking raids and be dangerous on kick returns as priorities 1 and 2. support play would be 3, then ball playing 4 IMO. and really, all this "ballplaying" that fullbacks do is really catch and pass in the second man play.

A good creative half is important...

But they went with Pearce and Maloney.

I guess it's a moot point since Hayne and Stewart are recovering anyway.

IMO they shouldve stuck with carney. hes got more creativity, skill and talent in his pinky than all the rest of the NSW halves combined. and multiplied by 5. then squared.

even sutton would be better, hes killing it this year.

IMO brett stewarts only good thing is his support play. apart from that hes nothing above average.

Sucks that Jarryd Hayne won't be playing as i feel a lot more confident when he is. McManus well we have to pick someone in form I guess, he isn't to much better than Merritt but is a lot more reliable and solid.

Hayne is a massive loss for NSW.

I feel a lot more confident in our chances when he's not there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• BroncosFan_Corey
  • Fozz
  • Bucking Beads
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Dash
  • The True King
  • Broncosgirl
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Xzei
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Sproj
  • BroncosAlways
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.