CROSS FORUM State of Origin - Game 2 Discussion

[st_table="45%"][st_tr][st_td_row="2"]
4275.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]BeastMode - nzwarriors.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .March 7, 2015
REACTIONS: 17,240
[/st_td][/st_tr][/st_table]
8770.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Wolfie - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .January 14, 2015

We should just tell them to shove it and not play. Not practical but its how i feel and i bet plenty of others do as well. Its a disgrace that it got this far through the NRL then NSWRL decided to question it at the death and then he isnt allowed to play. I certainly wont be watching anymore Origin or NRL while the people running the show can firstly wreck the game with their stupid rule changes then do this to a player in this way.

No, no, no… we / I need this game

Got a ton of cash riding on NSW and want to cash in after… 😂

5003.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]jonesy101 - nzwarriors.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .August 28, 2016
REACTIONS: 3,733
While NSW have their own reasons for raising the eligibility ruling, the decision has saved the NZ national team.

While we will always have passionate ones like DWZ wanting to represent NZ without question, we are struggling enough to field a squad as it is with the number of defections we've had in recent years. If this wasn't enforced you'd pretty much have most 14 or 15 year olds plucked out of the NZ systems by NRL scouts and whichever club you land with would determine whether you were with NSW or QLD. That's not real representation of your state.

I'm disappointed for Mulitalo, but glad sanity has prevailed.

I was pissed at the whole situation until I read this. You're right. This is a good rule. Play on.

4979.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Warrior#214 - nzwarriors.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .August 13, 2016
REACTIONS: 1,387
JT: “The NRL made the call that if he does play the game will be null and void”
——
I dunno about you guys but I reckon I might have called their bluff on this one and run him out. If QLD get spanked again they probably don’t fight his eligibility and scrub the result. Oops. If they win, by some miracle, off to the Courts we go. The Origin Circus rolls on 🤡 🎪

5451.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Sky Waka - nzwarriors.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .August 28, 2017
REACTIONS: 394
I hope everyone even just a little bit annoyed that origin isn't origin anymore with all of the foreign born guys didn't vote.

This weekend is supposed to be rep round with NZ and all the islands playing. I wonder which camp Ronaldo would've been in all week. He's already played for Samoa.

We should just tell them to shove it and not play. Not practical but its how i feel and i bet plenty of others do as well. Its a disgrace that it got this far through the NRL then NSWRL decided to question it at the death and then he isnt allowed to play. I certainly wont be watching anymore Origin or NRL while the people running the show can firstly wreck the game with their stupid rule changes then do this to a player in this way.

Excellent! Join the protest! #BringbacktherealNRL!

The nsw deputy premier still wants the “decider” to be held in nsw and has spoken to vlandys about it. Might put some money on Qld now

[/st_td_row][st_td]drake83 - nzwarriors.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .January 14, 2013
REACTIONS: 1,267
index.php

Spoke about it last year everytime I seen his name mentioned on socials I would drop the not eligible.

75.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Defence - nzwarriors.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .May 9, 2012
REACTIONS: 16,748
View attachment 44500
Spoke about it last year everytime I seen his name mentioned on socials I would drop the not eligible.
I always thought he was a kiwi and proud of it.
Mind u it’s not australia they want to play for it’s Qld /NSW.
Having a couple of nephews who have come through the Qld junior rep teams i can understand how it lures them in.
The whole origin concept is outdated really- time to switch the focus to internationals.

[/st_td_row][st_td]kos - nzwarriors.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .March 16, 2013
REACTIONS: 1,981
G
I always thought he was a kiwi and proud of it.
Mind u it’s not australia they want to play for it’s Qld /NSW.
Having a couple of nephews who have come through the Qld junior rep teams i can understand how it lures them in.
The whole origin concept is outdated really- time to switch the focus to internationals.
Its the cash they get for playing Origin that is the attraction.
For guys like Aussie Jim and Qlder Mulitalo.

62.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Sup42 - nzwarriors.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .May 7, 2012
REACTIONS: 40,110
NSW will smash QLD tonight.

We all know it, even banana benders know it.

One sided Origin clashes works only if it fits with the QLD under dog narrative the whole bollocks is built on.

As a Kiwi I see it for what it is, a rep side clash which helps select the top team that Tonga and the Kiwis are going to bash with increasing frequency.

It is all bullshit.

The game was brilliant and the toughest once upon a time....that ended in the year it became a one sided bloated Aussie twang and drawl Phil Gould Orrrrriiiin nonsense.

Cannot wait for the next international to see this shit brought down to where it lives in the real world.

62.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Sup42 - nzwarriors.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .May 7, 2012
REACTIONS: 40,110

One sided Origin clashes works only if it fits with the QLD under dog narrative the whole bollocks is built on.

As a Kiwi I see it for what it is, a rep side clash which helps select the top team that Tonga and the Kiwis are going to bash with increasing frequency.

It is all bullshit.

The game was brilliant and the toughest once upon a time....that ended in the year it became a one sided bloated Aussie twang and drawl Phil Gould Orrrrriiiin nonsense.

Cannot wait for the next international to see this shit brought down to where it lives in the real world.

This cross-forum idea is really adding to the experience ….

[/st_td_row][st_td]J_P - nzwarriors.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .August 4, 2020
REACTIONS: 1,170

Also help him get familiar with origin for when he actually plays in the future.

That will be next year. He’ll take that utility spot over Brimson.

[/st_td_row][st_td]drake83 - nzwarriors.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .January 14, 2013
REACTIONS: 1,271

It is all bullshit.

The game was brilliant and the toughest once upon a time....that ended in the year it became a one sided bloated Aussie twang and drawl Phil Gould Orrrrrigiin nonsense.

Cannot wait for the next international to see this shit brought down to where it lives in the real world.....these guys combined cant even beat Tonga....a country with no league competition.
Your right origin is a cash cow, no longer the pinnacle of the game.
Internationals should be marketed as the pinnacle and we may actually see some growth in the sport.
Game 1 was the first origin game I have watched since 2013, and that was because it was on free to air TV in nz.
Samoa v Tonga have more passion when they played even before the stars started defecting to Tonga.
These games are just a Queensland and NSW invitationals now

62.jpg
REACTIONS: 40,115
Gotta give it to the Aussies, no one does self promoting wankery bigger than the South Pacific Yanks.

As Joey says in the build "At Suncorp it is just different".....

Yeah Joey....Ive seen all the Broncos home games this season too...

Kiwis be throwing shade like the whole Nathan Fien grannygate never happened 😂

1.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]tajhay - nzwarriors.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .March 29, 2012
REACTIONS: 21,561
Whats everyone's prediction tonight?

30+ to the mighty NSW blues? Can't see the qld maroons winning a game this series even if they held all the games there. Itll be a shellacking. Qld might as well officially expand their borders to include NZ, USA, Samoa so they can players like Ronaldo been given the all clear to play for them.

“Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results.”​

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • Wild Horse
  • GCBRONCO
  • MrRobot
  • Xzei
  • Wolfie
  • broncsgoat
  • BruiserMk1
  • Sproj
  • Tim K
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Scdeac
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Rough and Ready
  • Gaz
  • Dexter
  • Purple Pills
  • Skyblues87
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • broncotville
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.