CROSS FORUM State of Origin - Game 2 Discussion

The fact that this was left until game day is a bit amateurish.

He's been in the QLD Emerging Squad for a couple of years and he was selected in the 21 when the teams were named. Why not do this then?

[st_table="45%"][st_tr][st_td_row="2"]
4275.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]BeastMode - nzwarriors.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .March 7, 2015
REACTIONS: 17,238
[/st_td][/st_tr][/st_table]

If Qld can pull off a victory, it will be beyond miracle.

You're gonna need help from the Ref.

If Qld win we're going to have to see a fair bit of the below tonight... could be must see TV tonight to see if a ref can actually get man of the match

I think it’s disgusting personally and I don’t even care about origin nor do I rate him highly as a player. To put a young player through that is garbage not matter how anyone tries to justify it.

I think it’s disgusting personally and I don’t even care about origin nor do I rate him highly as a player. To put a young player through that is garbage not matter how anyone tries to justify it.
Disgusting by who? QLD for not doing their homework first I'd say.

Disgusting by who? QLD for not doing their homework first I'd say.
How about the guys responsible for checking eligibility before he played for them already in younger grades, or the guys who let himself be selected this year.

It shouldn’t be on the QLD selectors to say who can and can’t be selected into camp.

Preparation needed to perfect this week for QLD to be a chance. Oy vey.

Why wasn't he picked as 2nd choice in the first place......instead of Mulitalo

He was the game 1 winger FFS......
His form hasn’t been great and playing for the broncos doesn’t help

The vast majority, I would say.

As Kemp and Finch pointed out in their show, Titans got stomped but managed a 97% completion rate. You can't stop the roll these days. But I have been saying that since early last year. Hill sprints to start a marathon. Good luck.
I’m running GC marathon in a week, I’ll give it a try and let you know how it goes 🤣🤣

Does anyone have any good places to park for the game. Just don’t want to do public transport, kids are just getting over viruses (not covid) and don’t want to pick up a new one on the packed train!
At home, with the TV on any channel other than 9.

I genuinely couldn't care less whether he is eligible or not as I don't really care about the NRL or origin much this year BUT this is symptomatic of the whole regime at present. How can it get to game day and then be bought up as an issue?

You've now got a kid who was pumped for the game of his life omitting himself and going from one of the most exciting days of his life to this, what a train wreck. Don't the NRL have someone to oversee this? No need to answer, there is no professionalism in NRL admin.

And like Gus's point or not, the NRL have shown themselves willing to bend and change rules on a whim but not on the day of their showpiece event? Again, just inconsistency all round.

And of course to make up for it, you just know every single decision is going to go Qld's way tonight because heaven forbid there is another shellacking and Vlandys cops heat once again for knee jerk, unneeded and spontaneous decisions destroying this once great product, particularly two days after a women's game that showed how good league used to be and should still be.

Absolutely pathetic from an absolutely pathetic modern iteration of league. I'll be continuing to watch and enjoy AFL until such time is this modern Aldi version of league reverts back to the brand name version.

5003.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]jonesy101 - nzwarriors.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .August 28, 2016
REACTIONS: 3,735
Today's events remind me of this song from a few years ago:

5003.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]jonesy101 - nzwarriors.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .August 28, 2016
REACTIONS: 3,735
Today's events remind me of this song from a few years ago:

I genuinely couldn't care less whether he is eligible or not as I don't really care about the NRL or origin much this year BUT this is symptomatic of the whole regime at present. How can it get to game day and then be bought up as an issue?

You've now got a kid who was pumped for the game of his life omitting himself and going from one of the most exciting days of his life to this, what a train wreck. Don't the NRL have someone to oversee this? No need to answer, there is no professionalism in NRL admin.

And like Gus's point or not, the NRL have shown themselves willing to bend and change rules on a whim but not on the day of their showpiece event? Again, just inconsistency all round.

And of course to make up for it, you just know every single decision is going to go Qld's way tonight because heaven forbid there is another shellacking and Vlandys cops heat once again for knee jerk, unneeded and spontaneous decisions destroying this once great product, particularly two days after a women's game that showed how good league used to be and should still be.

Absolutely pathetic from an absolutely pathetic modern iteration of league. I'll be continuing to watch and enjoy AFL until such time is this modern Aldi version of league reverts back to the brand name version.
💯 agree mate.
This is what I meant by my comment "What a shit show".
I just didn't have time to expand on it.
Only thing I don't agree with is watching AFL, I've been living in Perth for close to 12 years now and still can't get into it 🤣

22.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]mrblonde - nzwarriors.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .April 13, 2012
REACTIONS: 5,128
8872.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]AndyB - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .September 8, 2015

💯 agree mate.
This is what I meant by my comment "What a shit show".
I just didn't have time to expand on it.
Only thing I don't agree with is watching AFL, I've been living in Perth for close to 12 years now and still can't get into it 🤣

Agree with the Origin eligibility screw-up: Surely that's sorted by season start?! That's not to say I'm advocating QLD and NSW change rules every year, but if they do change rules, they are in place and everyone knows:
1. What they are.
2. Who they affect as of 1 Jan.
3. Which players are available as of 1 Jan.

What harm would be done for QRL/NSWRL to publically publish a "State of Origin Eligibility List" every season? It's not like it would only list 20 or so players so opposing RL would be able to think in pre-season "Right, those bastards can only pick..."

I watched Friday's AFL game - Lions v Cats.

I can't remember where I read it, but someone reckoned AFL and NFL were polar opposites in terms of "Sports best watched on TV": AFL was much better watched at the venue, NFL, well, why would you spend money getting seats, etc, when everything was actually better on TV?

All Hail Helen Keller, Patron Saint of Rugby League Officials.

Active Now

• Ghost of Vlansys
  • Wild Horse
  • Sproj
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Purple Pills
  • Astro
  • FACTHUNT
  • broncotville
  • Manofoneway
  • Redux
  • Bucking Beads
  • Financeguy
  • Gaz
  • Waynesaurus
  • Big Del
  • Confidor
  • Fitzy
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Aldo
... and 18 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.