NOT CROSS FORUM State of Origin - Game 2 Discussion

For me I think we need to get Gagai and Holmes back on the wings. Like I said while the game was on, we miss their ball carrying early in the sets. We can get away with a couple of genuine centers like Opacic and even Chambers because I think they will give the team a better balance even if they really aren't Origin players, but I think Holmes and Gagai are crucial, nsw backs are helping their forwards out so much, and we do have the players to do the same. Get Ponga or Brimson in at fullback and Grant back this team would be a different proposition.

Beat: Slater, Thurston/Lockyer, Cronk, and Smith??? Recency bias I guess.
Yeah.

I do unfortunately see the potential there though. These guys are fucking good so in a few more series time that claim may not be so outlandish. But to say it now is a bit much.

[st_table="45%"][st_tr][st_td_row="2"]
4275.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]BeastMode - nzwarriors.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .March 7, 2015
REACTIONS: 17,271
[/st_td][/st_tr][/st_table]
[/st_td_row][st_td]mstreet - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .September 3, 2020

Who played 5/8 tonight???

No one. They forgot to fill the spot

Yeah.

I do unfortunately see the potential there though. These guys are fucking good so in a few more series time that claim may not be so outlandish. But to say it now is a bit much.
Mitchell and Turbo don't get such an easy run against a peak Inglis and Hodges and throw Boyd and Folau in I think they get carved up. Can you imagine us kicking to Folau with To'o marking him? What a mismatch. This NSW side has been tested once really and they got beat by a very ordinary team. They wouldn't stand a chance really against our best 17 from the Dynasty.

****, that Tariq Sims has a fair opinion of himself.

Yeah good luck with that

1. Slater
2. Boyd
3. Inglis
4. Hodges
5. Folau
6. Lockyer
7. Thurston
8. Price
9. Smith
10. Petero
11. Thaiday
12. Crocker
13. Parker

14. Khunt/Cronk/DCE
15. Scott
16. Miles
17. Hannant
That is a quality side

Mitchell and Turbo don't get such an easy run against a peak Inglis and Hodges and throw Boyd and Folau in I think they get carved up. Can you imagine us kicking to Folau with To'o marking him? What a mismatch. This NSW side has been tested once really and they got beat by a very ordinary team. They wouldn't stand a chance really against our best 17 from the Dynasty.
Yeah I’m not sure if they meant our best 17 at their peak or the best single team we had at one point over that time.

anyway it was a pretty arrogant opinion by that random internet user…

I’ve already seen comments online that this team would beat our dynasty team in their prime.
It would be an amazing game of footy. It's a bit frustrating that we had our best players when they were shit and they have an amazing team whilst we are shit.

I want to see two amazing teams go at each other (like Aus and India in the cricket during Ponting & Tendulkar years)

Yeah.

Even in a few series time, it will still be a very ridiculous thing to say.

Yeah I’m not sure if they meant our best 17 at their peak or the best single team we had at one point over that time.

anyway it was a pretty arrogant opinion by that random internet user…
It wouldn't matter, because at some point our peak team would have Slater, Lockyer, JT, Cam, GI, Hodgo, Folau, Petero, peak Thaiday, Price/Scott, peak Miles, etc.

The peak qld team would dominate what NSW are currently throwing out there

5333.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Stalefish540 - nzwarriors.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .May 12, 2017
REACTIONS: 10,410
Gotta love the fat, call it as he sees it.

Reality is, this NSW team beat a side hit hard by injury and who's prep for both games was far from ideal.

Last year QLD showed NSW's flaw.

It doesn't matter how many series they win. They would NEVER beat our dynasty team. In fact, I really don't see NSW starting a dynasty of their own. Not with the young guys we have coming through who are going to be special players.

5333.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Stalefish540 - nzwarriors.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .May 12, 2017
REACTIONS: 10,410

Gotta love the fat, call it as he sees it.

Yeah he did not hold back later on either

Paul Green has to go. He's not an Origin coach.

He still has a future as an NRL coach, but like Bellamy, he's not suited for Origin.

I'm not sure who they get to replace Green, but I would be interested in seeing if Fatty would like a coaching role of some sort. He's a real student of the game. He knows his shit and I think he could have some success at this level.

Paul Green has to go. He's not an Origin coach.

He still has a future as an NRL coach, but like Bellamy, he's not suited for Origin.

I'm not sure who they get to replace Green, but I would be interested in seeing if Fatty would like a coaching role of some sort. He's a real student of the game. He knows his shit and I think he could have some success at this level.
Did you catch the dressing room after the game? Green was sat in the middle of the team not saying a word and nobody from the team was either. Bizarre

Active Now

• Broncosarethebest
  • azza.79
  • BroncosAlways
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Foordy
  • Harry Sack
  • Alec
  • Mister Wright
  • Xzei
  • Wolfie
  • FACTHUNT
  • Griffo
  • Broncosgirl
  • MasterWright
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.