NOT CROSS FORUM State of Origin - Game 2 Discussion

It’s begun already, social media using the words iconic, dynasty and powerful to describe this series... I mean nsw have a good team but until they go 10 in a row, they can’t really get too excited yet and even if they do, Qld did it first 🤷🏻‍♂️
To be fair, they've won 3 of 4 of the last series haven't they? They're on their way.

These players should never play for Qld again:
Kyle Feldt (never should have played in the first place tbh)
DCE
Andrew McCullough
Felise Kaufusi

I'm leaving Xavier off this list because he's young and if he can get some guidance at Melbourne he might come good in time.

These players should never play for Qld again:
Kyle Feldt (never should have played in the first place tbh)
DCE
Andrew McCullough
Felise Kaufusi

I'm leaving Xavier off this list because he's young and if he can get some guidance at Melbourne he might come good in time.
I know he fluffed a couple of tries, but Feldt had the beating to To'o from kicks every time. He isn't usually that bad with his hands, we didn't exploit that enough.

Our best 17 isn't that far away from them at all.

Yeah this.

As good as NSW are, they have their flaws. Their biggest one is they don’t like being under the pump. They don’t handle it too well and they start making bad errors.

If QLD can get the next couple of years right and build the right side, Origin will go back to being a contest where it’s anyone’s game.

Qld have been injury ravaged for the last few years, pick some actual centers, some meter eating wingers, add in ponga, Collins, grant, Mahoney.
**** kaufusi, felt off. Don’t play middle forwards like arrow on the fucking edge….. but got damn are we desperate for wingers and centres, nswrl cutting us off from mulitalo hurts, I rate him and he’ll only get better. Holmes should never play origin fb again, there is one winger we need. We have cobbo and hopefully a stronger less shit in defence in Coates going forward. (For depth)

unfortunately we’re a couple years between talent for depth, so when injury strikes, yuck. where as nsw have got a good side all around the same ages. Lots of depth

we have grant though (he was the difference last year) and once he gets past this injury bug he has, he’ll make a huge difference in attack. Any team vs an attack with macca in it is horrendous.

[st_table="45%"][st_tr][st_td_row="2"]
5451.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Sky Waka - nzwarriors.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .August 28, 2017
REACTIONS: 396
[/st_td][/st_tr][/st_table]
If Trump was a Queenslander...

We didn't lose the series it was stolen.

I know he fluffed a couple of tries, but Feldt had the beating to To'o from kicks every time. He isn't usually that bad with his hands, we didn't exploit that enough.
He's just a slow ass plodder. Having the ball raked by Trell was the killer for me.

Our best 17 isn't that far away from them at all.
Mmmm, our forwards got bullied and who else comes in? Grant and Ponga will help but seem to be always injured and we'll need a lot of these guys to lift massively. Our backline too isn't that flash either. We need to find some decent centres and metre eating wingers as we have nothing and no strike out wide.

I know footy is a funny game but if NSW play it smart (which is always debatable) I think their best 17 (and depth) is a fair bit stronger than our best 17.

Mmmm, our forwards got bullied and who else comes in? Grant and Ponga will help but seem to be always injured and we'll need a lot of these guys to lift massively. Our backline too isn't that flash either. We need to find some decent centres and metre eating wingers as we have nothing and no strike out wide.

I know footy is a funny game but if NSW play it smart (which is always debatable) I think their best 17 (and depth) is a fair bit stronger than our best 17.

I think our forwards at full availability can be a lot better.

8. Welch
9. Mahony
10. Papalii
11. Capewell
12. Sua
13. Arrow

14. Grant
15. Collins
16. Fotuaika
17. Fifita/Tino

Val and Gagai in back line
Ponga/Brimson, Munster, Grant/Reed - Walsh and Walker in the future.

It’s just a halfback and 2 backs that we are really lacking.

5210.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]AlexM - nzwarriors.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .February 19, 2017
REACTIONS: 5,227
1.Walsh
2.Gagai
3.Ponga
4.Hamiso
5.Holmes

6.Hunt
7.Munster

8.Papalii
9.Grant
10.Welch
11.Capewell
12.Kaufusi
13.Tino

14.Fotuaitka
15.Brimson
16.Sua
17.Molo

We definitely didn't exploit that enough and I put that on the halves.

I dont think we did a cross field kick to Feldt or Coates until the second half (the one where Feldt ended up over Too's shoulders but knocked it on)... instead we kept running it on 5th tackle to handover in their territory and try to bash them in the corner, only to relieve the pressure by allowing a 40m set and Cleary to bomb it back downfield.

I had completely forgotten about the mismatches on the wings until Munster finally kicked one over to Feldt... and even then the kicks were too low.

I think our forwards at full availability can be a lot better.

8. Welch
9. Mahony
10. Papalii
11. Capewell
12. Sua
13. Arrow

14. Grant
15. Collins
16. Fotuaika
17. Fifita/Tino

Val and Gagai in back line
Ponga/Brimson, Munster, Grant/Reed - Walsh and Walker in the future.

It’s just a halfback and 2 backs that we are really lacking.
It's serviceable but I just don't think they're in NSW's league. As I said, you never know and NSW might go into full tard mode, but we'll need a lot of things to go our way.

It's serviceable but I just don't think they're in NSW's league. As I said, you never know and NSW might go into full tard mode, but we'll need a lot of things to go our way.
It’s just about shutting down their backs. Easier said than done obviously but only 1 of their starting forwards cracked 100m while almost all of their backs went past 150m.

Their backline is all time and it’s unfortunate that QLD back depth has never been worse.

173.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Inruin - nzwarriors.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .May 18, 2012
REACTIONS: 15,634
8294.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]winslow_wong - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .May 27, 2013

If all of qld’s top players are available and with the right coaching, I don’t see nsw going 8 series in a row.

One Set ☝️
Loving the optimism

Old people are funny

Unread

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • Broncosgirl
  • I bleed Maroon
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.