NOT CROSS FORUM State of Origin - Game 2 Discussion

Sad to say, but there are going to be players out there who would really want to play Origin but would probably rather not get picked and play under Green than come into this shit show.

Green made the team watch a replay of the first game as motivation.
Didn’t Daniel Anderson while in charge of the Warriors pull a similar stunt at half time of a GF?

Sad to say, but there are going to be players out there who would really want to play Origin but would probably rather not get picked and play under Green than come into this shit show.
They probably don't want to play Origin all that much then. If you are a player, you shouldn't care who the coach is at that level, you should be wanting to play and do your best regardless.
I'm not a fan of Green, don't think he should be the QLD or Broncos coach, but if players actually say they don't want to play for QLD because of him, they should be banned from the future series too (at least for a number of years).

They probably don't want to play Origin all that much then. If you are a player, you shouldn't care who the coach is at that level, you should be wanting to play and do your best regardless.
I'm not a fan of Green, don't think he should be the QLD or Broncos coach, but if players actually say they don't want to play for QLD because of him, they should be banned from the future series too (at least for a number of years).

I dont think its always that simple tbh. There can be personality clashes that just cant be over come. Its got to work both ways as well. What if the selectors want a particular player but Green doesnt? No difference really. I dont know any personally who would do it, but i know blokes who have been coached by him and they dont really have a good word to say about him and the way he goes about things. This spectacular QLD collapse doesnt surprise me at all.

I dont think its always that simple tbh. There can be personality clashes that just cant be over come. Its got to work both ways as well. What if the selectors want a particular player but Green doesnt? No difference really. I dont know any personally who would do it, but i know blokes who have been coached by him and they dont really have a good word to say about him and the way he goes about things. This spectacular QLD collapse doesnt surprise me at all.
Opacic not a fan I guess.

He isnt one i'm talking about tbh.
I'd say Munster might be a little annoyed at being plastered to one side of the field.

I thought the best backline movement we had was on the no try to Feldt.

Munster came around to the open and fed the ball along to Cherry who had a bit of space and got the kick cleanly in behind the line for what should've been a try.

I wasnt paying too much attention to the game, but it looked like Munster very rarely got the ball on the run... I suspect he may have been getting it a lot from second receiver and having to wait for it off the middle forward or Bhunt later in the game.

I'd say Munster would be an entirely different player if Harry was in the nine jersey

I'd say Munster might be a little annoyed at being plastered to one side of the field.

Munster came around to the open and fed the ball along to Cherry who had a bit of space and got the kick cleanly in behind the line for what should've been a try.

I wasnt paying too much attention to the game, but it looked like Munster very rarely got the ball on the run... I suspect he may have been getting it a lot from second receiver and having to wait for it off the middle forward or Bhunt later in the game.

I'd say Munster would be an entirely different player if Harry was in the nine jersey

I think we have missed that bit of mongrel and aggression that Collins brings. Something isnt right with this camp. There seems to be either a lot of confusion with the coaching and the gameplan or the really just didnt have the motivation which i'm finding it hard to believe.

I think we have missed that bit of mongrel and aggression that Collins brings. Something isnt right with this camp. There seems to be either a lot of confusion with the coaching and the gameplan or the really just didnt have the motivation which i'm finding it hard to believe.

Besides being completely outskilled ij most positions I think Macca and DCE are very difficult spine players to play alongside. Macca’s service and decision making seemed even worse than ever, and DCE seems to play too unstructured always changing direction and play - which is further impacted by Macca’s service putting him under pressure. Munster didn’t get any good ball really.

DCE was the black sheep of QLD origin when all the greats were still playing and he’s somehow become captain once they retired - I still get the sense he isn’t the most popular guy in QLD camps. Munsters half time comments and Cronks post game comments add to my suspicions.

As laughable as it sounds I actually think Ben Hunt would do better in origin for now than DCE has done.

Man I mentioned it in the live game thread that Munster needed to roam. That nsw right side defence was so tight we just weren’t going anywhere down there. Paul green is a tactical dunce.

Are they serious?

He's competing for the football and Tedesco to his credit put his body on the line to get there first.

I'll pay the incident against Martin from Game I, but are they going to say anything about Cleary lashing out with the boot to Arrow or is that all sweet?

Didn't this mob try and defend Mitchell back-handing a player off the ball?

Are they serious?

He's competing for the football and Tedesco to his credit put his body on the line to get there first.

I'll pay the incident against Martin from Game I, but are they going to say anything about Cleary lashing out with the boot to Arrow or is that all sweet?

Didn't this mob try and defend Mitchell back-handing a player off the ball?

no mention of jerome luias knees to the back on Joe O in game 1

Also brushed over Kent implying the Maroons should bring out the old school approach of cheap shots as well.

Mate, Luai stomped on Nikorima's head and had nothing to answer for.
yer exactly munster aint no saint he has a sook when he losses cause he is a competitor but luai is one the cockiest/grubbiest player in the comp and the nsw media just say GOSH WE LOVE HIS PASSION

Man I mentioned it in the live game thread that Munster needed to roam. That nsw right side defence was so tight we just weren’t going anywhere down there. Paul green is a tactical dunce.
It strange the tactics were so bad when so called tactical guru Neil Henry was right there next to green. Something is off with the coaching staff

[st_table="45%"][st_tr][st_td_row="2"]
5003.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]jonesy101 - nzwarriors.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .August 28, 2016
REACTIONS: 3,752
[/st_td][/st_tr][/st_table]
I dont always agree with Kenty but thought he was spot on tonight about the simplicity of the eligibility rules and why they are there. If you start letting NZers play Origin and block them from playing for the Kiwis then they cease to exist as a tier 1 team. If you let them play Origin and for the Kiwis, then it becomes a problem for the Warriors junior pathways which would be at a huge disadvantage to the other clubs. I support neither NSW or QLD but do have an appreciation for the true meaning of State Of "ORIGIN" and fear it will turn into a dud if it becomes a free for all.

[st_table="45%"][st_tr][st_td_row="2"]
4979.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Warrior#214 - nzwarriors.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .August 13, 2016
REACTIONS: 1,407
[/st_td][/st_tr][/st_table]
Serious question.
Pound for pound. Man for man.
Is there a single QLD player who you’d pick in an Australian side tomorrow based on form or reputation?
Maybe Munster over Luai?
Could you pick Val Holmes over anyone of the NSW back 5?
Maybe Papailli as a senior bench prop? He ain’t rolling with any form but maybe he’s an old head?

Active Now

• Strop
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Sproj
  • Harry Sack
  • FACTHUNT
  • Morepudding
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.