NOT CROSS FORUM State of Origin - Game 2 Discussion

No one cares about game 3 so why not go nuts for it (assuming these players are available):

1. Brimson
2. Holmes
3. Opacic
4. Hammer
5. Gagai
6. Munster (c)
7. Walker
8. Papalii
9. Mahoney
10. Welch
11. Capewell
12. Su'A
13. Arrow

14. Grant
15. Tino
16. Phototaker
17. Ponga

It is indeed terrible but it has upside and it can't be worse than the first two sides.

Did you catch the dressing room after the game? Green was sat in the middle of the team not saying a word and nobody from the team was either. Bizarre
Happened in game 1 too where Green tries to console a couple of our players and they kinda ignored him and green then awkwardly walks away

Its pretty depressing if Coates is supposedly QLD's best centre prospect. QLD used to be rich with quality centres, what happened in recent years?

Agreed.

Unfortunately it's a position that doesn't get it's deserved respect, with most players shoehorned into the role whilst thinking they should be elsewhere.
It's even more prevalent in the grassroots footy I watch down here, it's bizarre that there's such a shortage.

Time to YouTube Hodges origin highlights and forget about this series.

Agreed.

Unfortunately it's a position that doesn't get it's deserved respect, with most players shoehorned into the role whilst thinking they should be elsewhere.
It's even more prevalent in the grassroots footy I watch down here, it's bizarre that there's such a shortage.

Time to YouTube Hodges origin highlights and forget about this series.
Maybe skip the first game highlight, but sure

That's about the scoreline I expected.

We weren't going to catch NSW off guard again after pulling off one of the all time great upsets last year. And on paper they are significantly better than us.

If we get Harry Grant back with some football under his belt I think he and our forwards can match it with Cook and the NSW pack, but we are still hopelessly outclassed in the backs. DCE has never really stood up at Origin level, even in last years win, so t's just a matter of picking the right time to give Walker a go.

And we really need Ponga back. He's not perfect but that Latrell intercept is probably a QLD try if he is playing.

That's about the scoreline I expected.

We weren't going to catch NSW off guard again after pulling off one of the all time great upsets last year. And on paper they are significantly better than us.

If we get Harry Grant back with some football under his belt I think he and our forwards can match it with Cook and the NSW pack, but we are still hopelessly outclassed in the backs. DCE has never really stood up at Origin level, even in last years win, so t's just a matter of picking the right time to give Walker a go.

And we really need Ponga back. He's not perfect but that Latrell intercept is probably a QLD try if he is playing.
I think if we move gags and Holmes to the wings when ponga is back and pick two actual centres who know how to defend we’re not too far away.

oh and Wayne back as coach.

1. Ponga
2. Oates
3. Lee
4. Gagai
5. Holmes
6. Munster
7. Walker
8. Welch
9. Mahoney
10. Papalii
11. Fifita
12. Capewell
13. Tino/Arrow

14. Grant
15. Collins
16. Arrow/

Coach: Bennett

Bullemor, Su’A, McGuire, Horsburgh, Carrigan can fight it out for the remaining spot.

That’s the side I would go with next year. For mine, that’s a side that’s more than capable of beating NSW. They just need a coach that can get the best out of them.

When we played Origin footy, NSW couldn’t handle it.

QLD back 3 ran for: 290m
NSW back 3 ran for: 567m

This is one reason why Oates needs to be back in the side.

Coates, he's a talented kid, but he just doesn't seem to have that strength in him and can't take advantage of his size. We need someone that can make good metres from kick returns and can drag defenders with their hit-ups.

Lee is a strong runner, as well. He did well in Game 3 of 2020.

Coates, he's a talented kid, but he just doesn't seem to have that strength in him and can't take advantage of his size. We need someone that can make good metres from kick returns and can drag defenders with their hit-ups.

Lee got hooked in game 3 last year for Sua iirc. Agree with you that we need meters from our backline.

It was Oates’ preferred wing side, too...

1. Ponga
2. Oates
3. Lee
4. Gagai
5. Holmes
6. Munster
7. Walker
8. Welch
9. Mahoney
10. Papalii
11. Fifita
12. Capewell
13. Tino/Arrow

14. Grant
15. Collins
16. Arrow/

Coach: Bennett

Bullemor, Su’A, McGuire, Horsburgh, Carrigan can fight it out for the remaining spot.

That’s the side I would go with next year. For mine, that’s a side that’s more than capable of beating NSW. They just need a coach that can get the best out of them.

When we played Origin footy, NSW couldn’t handle it.
I hope they don't go desperation mode and bring Walker in this year.

Give him the rest of this year in NRL and see where he's at next year

The series is lost and they're getting flogged out there so no real reason to bring him into that environment... same as Walsh

It’s begun already, social media using the words iconic, dynasty and powerful to describe this series... I mean nsw have a good team but until they go 10 in a row, they can’t really get too excited yet and even if they do, Qld did it first 🤷🏻‍♂️

NSW have every right to be plucky. They are a good side. If they are smart, they should dominate for the next few years at least. QLD will want to hope that Reece Walsh and Sam Walker turn into something special but even then we'll need others to step up big time (yes I'm looking at you Fifita ya big cat).

NSW have every right to be plucky. They are a good side. If they are smart, they should dominate for the next few years at least. QLD will want to hope that Reece Walsh and Sam Walker turn into something special but even then we'll need others to step up big time (yes I'm looking at you Fifita ya big cat).
Our best 17 isn't that far away from them at all.

[st_table="45%"][st_tr][st_td_row="2"]
173.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Inruin - nzwarriors.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .May 18, 2012
REACTIONS: 15,634
[/st_td][/st_tr][/st_table]
View attachment 44504

tajhay

Old people are funny

[st_table="45%"][st_tr][st_td_row="2"]
5210.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]AlexM - nzwarriors.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .February 19, 2017
REACTIONS: 5,227
[/st_td][/st_tr][/st_table]
Nah make it one of Nathan clearys pimpled cheeks!

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.