State of Origin - Game 3 - Post Match Discussion

Because Thaiday was ruled to have "driven" into the back of Hannant to assist him. Apparently that's against the rules. Despite the fact you see similar stuff where someone piles on top to help a player get it down every week in the NRL.
I recall Trent Waterhouse scoring one like that at Suncorp in 2009, there were at least another 3 panthers pushing him in.

So she pissed on the seat and her Blue mate had to drink it? Seriously?
No, I think Bear was thirsty... :wowzers:

Someone is quickly trying to forget about Origin, even the banner and avatar are gone. Speaking of avatar, at least Dukey and Twitzid show some honour... :loser:

I know Smith played really well, but I thought Slater should have got man of the match. The best game I have ever seen him play in all forms.

Just watched the replay so my two cents worth.

Simply haven't seen a more perfect 30 minutes of football. Was all over after that. Even when the Blues scored their 2 tries you never got the feeling that QLD would lose.

Civoniceva was MOTM for mine. I think he is the best front rower Queensland has ever had. Matt Scott is well on his way to being in the top line as well. Despite their success in game 2, NSW's continued stupidity to not bring front rowers gives QLD a little head start. Mobile, 80 minute front rowers aren't going to put a team on the front foot when they are up against what Civoniceva and Scott did last night. And especially when things go pear shaped early like they did for NSW, it was always going to be so hard for them to get back into the game without front rowers taking charge.

Slater was outstanding as well. Best game I've seen him play. If there's one thing you could doubt about him over the years it was his composure (see 2008 World Cup Final) but he has fixed that part of his game up. Last night showed great awareness as to kicking and passing. 10/10.

Have to give a huge wrap to the bench. Hannant, Lillyman, Parker and Cronk's contributions off the bench were superb. Hannant and Lillyman in particular. Parker has shown this series that he is no longer just a "good club player". Has taken his opportunity and made the most of it.

Smith is the best hooker I have ever seen. And he's still got another 4 or 5 years in him and will captain more series wins to add to his first in 2008.

Inglis - well this game was set up for him to carve up. He always responds well after a sub-par performance (even though in game 2 I thought he was pretty good). Hodges wasn't as impressive but having him there helped, particularly with Yow Yeh's confidence.

Backrowers Thaiday, Harrison and Myles were brilliant.

And last but not least, our skipper. The ultimate champion. The best player I have ever seen and ever will see. That speech after the game was shivers down the back of your neck stuff. Like it has been said in this thread, he and his teammates play for us. They play for Queenslanders. They don't play for their resumes or their trophy cabinets. That is the difference between QLD and NSW.

Remember game 1, 2006? "Lockyer shouldn't be 5/8th, he should be at fullback". "Lockyer shouldn't be QLD captain". "Can't handle the defensive workload". Then again last year. "He should retire from rep footy. He's past it". Haven't those critics got eggs on their faces right now!!!

Galloway got 9 minutes. Mannah only got 20. And considering how much ball QLD had, those starts aren't surprising.

Shows how poorly Ricky Stuart handles his interchange. Why pick front rowers if you only give 29 minutes combined to 2 of them. I was surprised he took Bird off as well. He's an 80 minute player. But he had to to give Lewis, Stewart and Watmough adequate minutes.

Shows how poorly Ricky Stuart handles his interchange. Why pick front rowers if you only give 29 minutes combined to 2 of them. I was surprised he took Bird off as well. He's an 80 minute player. But he had to to give Lewis, Stewart and Watmough adequate minutes.

Ricky gets the chokes with his bench in big games. 2003 GF prime example. He can't manage a game.

Agreed, was dumb. He was too interesting in dummy half runs by the backs and then shifting to the edges for Watmough, Stewart etc to make metres. I know that was his plan to move the QLD team around, but you can't just have ONE prop forward taking it up the middle for the whole night (Gallen). They at least had more runs up the middle in game 2! Why did he change the plan so much?

Could have really used Galloway for a good 40 minutes IMO.

Especially early in the 2nd half when NSW probably had a slight edge. If they'd had Galloway rumbling up the middle at that point they could've got a lot more momentum. Instead they found themselves relying on GidLOLZ who invariably took the wrong option to try and force something.

I watched the first half again last night. A couple of times in the starting 20mins I saw Tim Mannah try and get the hit-up only to have Gallen cut in front and take the pass. There was one time in particular Mannah looked a bit angry, then the next tackle they kicked on the 3rd and that was that.

Gallen got in the way of his props a bit, took 2 hit up's in a 3 or 4 tackle set. When you are tackling the same bloke over and over, even if it's Gallen it makes it a bit easier for the defence.

I watched the first half again last night. A couple of times in the starting 20mins I saw Tim Mannah try and get the hit-up only to have Gallen cut in front and take the pass. There was one time in particular Mannah looked a bit angry, then the next tackle they kicked on the 3rd and that was that.

Gallen got in the way of his props a bit, took 2 hit up's in a 3 or 4 tackle set. When you are tackling the same bloke over and over, even if it's Gallen it makes it a bit easier for the defence.

Yes! This is something that only a few commentators have noticed over the years. Gallen gets such high stats because he TRIES to do everything. Sometimes to the detriment of the team. I've actually heard Gus say it at times this season during Sharks games, that Gallen is TOO eager to get his hands on the ball and as such gets in the way of teammates sometimes.

It's an element of his game he needs to work on IMO.

Parker is guilty of the same thing at the Broncos, they get in the way of the play and run it themselves. Gallen has always been the same but it has been worse this Origin due to them needing a real leader.

Yeah when he is talking not through his blue, panthers, roosters coloured glasses often has great insights into the game. He really laid into Gallen in the Sharks v Broncos game that he is doing too much, and how it probably because he's been the sharks lone star over the last few years. Corey Parker was probably in a similar boat after Pet & Hannant left us being the main man in a very young forward pack.

And we wonder why nsw's call us bogans and rednecks

And we wonder why nsw's call us bogans and rednecks
I'm pretty sure it won't be hard to find NSW'kers doing stupid stuff on the net either, but I admit being embarrassed as hell that she's wearing a maroons jersey... :grr:

Active Now

• KateBroncos1812
  • Culhwch
  • Bucking Beads
  • bb_gun
  • GCBRONCO
  • RolledOates
  • Financeguy
  • Broncs1459
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.