State of Origin - Game 3 - Post Match Discussion

Was Pearce playing?

Fifita is a ****ing grub but only to the little guys. I lol'd hard when Smith fooled him out of dummy half

I wonder what he said to make Hayne fire up after the streaker incident? He looked ready to give him his marching orders.

Tate was no where near as good as he has been in other matches and he hadn't won MOTM.

Was Pearce playing?

Fifita is a fucking grub but only to the little guys. I lol'd hard when Smith fooled him out of dummy half

Yeah true, he is a grub but he can still play. Reminds of another sky blue who wasn't there tonight.

What an appalling display from the referees. Absolute guts and execution won the day, I have had a gutful of NSW whinging and bullshit they can EAD and enjoy a decade of retardation in 2 years time.

Love how Laurie calls his team 'brave'.....you had the ball, territory and the penalties you just have a fucking terrible halfback and a gutless team! QLD it was just business as usual we just did the same thing we do year after year, fucking win!

I'll keep going.

"New South Wales will need to score tries if they are going to beat Queensland"
"when a game is close you want to convert your tries"
"when you give away a repeat set, it becomes harder to defend"
"When you need big moments, you've got to go to your big moment players."
"teams like to score first"
"And in big games you need to be making correct decisions.... Whether its with the football or without"
"You have to find space with your long kicks".

Well they got the help they begged for pre game and still couldn't clinch a win. Some of the most blatant bad calls I've seen for a while.
NSW were very good in patches but they coincided with the penalty help. Watmough (vomit) was very good as was Dugan.
Glad the Broncos missed tackle on Merrin didn't cost us, that would have topped off a shit year.

I really thought we'd win by more after Hodgo scored. Cronks kicking game was ordinary tonight, not sure why he wasn't kicking higher for Inglis.

In the end a gutsy win with some class plays from some of our guys when we really needed them which saved that game.

QLDERS DOMIN8

I'll keep going.

"New South Wales will need to score tries if they are going to beat Queensland"
"when a game is close you want to convert your tries"
"when you give away a repeat set, it becomes harder to defend"
"When you need big moments, you've got to go to your big moment players."
"teams like to score first"
"And in big games you need to be making correct decisions.... Whether its with the football or without"
"You have to find space with your long kicks".

Geez Griffin should be writing these down, they would be gold for him.

Disgraceful officiating by one S.Hayne tonight, blatant bullshit. I thought we were going to be robbed. What was the final count? Apart from FUCKED, I mean.

That win was real sweet, with EVERY FUCKING CALL going against QLD they hung in and did what they had to do. SO proud...champion team :thumbup1:

My thoughts on some of our players

Slater - pretty good, though I'd seriously start to consider moving Inglis to fullback. He just isn't being used enough in the centres.
Boyd and Tate - Great as always. Tate dropped a bomb, but other than that was excellent.
Inglis - Quiet, but not his fault. We aren't using him enough. Give him early ball and watch him dominate.
Hodges - His best series ever. Just superb.
Scott - Just a machine. Best prop in the world, easily.
McQueen - In the end I was impressed. He's pretty much a mini Ash Harrison, not quite as good though obviously younger. Looks like Mal knew what he was doing.
Thaiday - Really strong in his limited minutes, but he just lacks the fitness to play more than 30 minutes, It sucks because our prop-less plan revolves around him doing more.
Parker - Another machine. Missed tackle on Merrin is the only negative thing amongst an amazing series and year in general.
DCE - Very impressive. Strong defence, good linespeed and quick play the balls. I thought he was one of the reasons we started to get back on top. Obviously injury cover is just a huge bonus.
Papalli - Fantastic, even though he's playing in the unfamiliar middle third. Needs more minutes.
Gillett/Te'o - Fairly meh. Shillington would have been far better.

Alec, I am pretty sure Inglis was hurt from pretty early and that's why he wasn't used much. He limped for a lot of the match.

Alec, I am pretty sure Inglis was hurt from pretty early and that's why he wasn't used much. He limped for a lot of the match.

You might be right, I didn't notice. Still, even in the first two games they just weren't giving him enough ball.

You're kidding yeah? (About Tate MOTM)

Parker could have easily got MOTM or even Hodges. Hodges has just about been our best player this year, he's certainly out shined Inglis in this years origin IMO, Inglis just goes missing when he's not at fullback.

Scott should've been motm. His last stint at the end had some huge runs.

Imagine what we could do if we actually used inglis in our backline. Basically won that game without him. For anyone saying tate didnt earn his MOTM, i bet you are the same ones saying he shouldnt be picked. Him and boyd were the only ones making us metres for most of the 2nd half. Tate bleeds maroon and deserved that award

Active Now

• winslow_wong
  • Sproj
  • broncsgoat
  • Stix
  • barker
  • Santa
  • Brocko
  • Fitzy
  • ChewThePhatt
  • LittleDavey
  • Behold
  • Broncorob
  • BooKhaki
  • porouian
  • Spike
  • Morepudding
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • Manofoneway
  • MrRobot
  • Midean
... and 41 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.