State of Origin - Game II - Post Match Discussion

WE ARE GOING TO PLAY THE BLUES TONIGHT? CAN YOU FEEL IT! WE ARE GOING TO SLAY THE BLUES TONIGHT! CAN YOU FEEL IT? BLOW AWAY THE BLUES TONIGHT! CAN YOU FEEL IT? SEND THEM BACK SOUTH WHERE THEY BELONG, CAN'T YOU FEEL A BIG WIN COMING ON! :thumbup1:

Great work by the boys tonight.
Clinical and played a solid game.
Dont get arrogant though QLD, it wont be easy in sydney but I believe we can do it

QUEENSLANDER

Bring on Game 3 Bman.

That was more like it from us, Scott, Myles and Parker really put in upfront and the likes of Thaiday, Te'o, Gillett, McQueen etc. did a good job of playing off the back of it.

JT and Cronk played like themselves tonight.

Klein needs to be dumped, dead-set lost control tonight and the bullshit decision to bin Tate, Hodges and Bird was ridiculous.

Definitely, your a credit to your state.

I thought McQueen was once again worthless. Hopefully Hannant or Shillo come in for him. I thought DCE went OK, defended well like I knew he would, but wasn't really needed in attack - Cronk, Smith and Thurston were on their game.

They marched all over DCE and it gave them easy momentum through the middle. Thank god we held a comfortable lead.

McQueen was average though, but he ran some decent lines and made some important tackles.

Klein needs to be dumped, dead-set lost control tonight and the bullshit decision to bin Tate, Hodges and Bird was ridiculous.

I agree. (Isn't that nice of me) ; )

Merrin should have been the only one binned, seeing as he threw the only punch.

Last edited:
Gallen sure enough mentions 'rub of the green' and 'things go their way' in his post-match interview... whinging prick.

Maybe he needs a bit of this
images

QLD won the game in the 1st 20 minutes where they blew NSW off the park with their terrific start which left NSW playing catchup footy. Tonight also showed why Nathan Merritt is always overlooked for rep footy I didn't think he played very well and his marking was average at best. From a NSW POV this is a learning curve and we can take the lessons learnt tonight and take it into game 3.

Thurston back to fit, parker getting better with age and our outside backs having their opposition at their mercy.

Loving big papas debut. Played with controlled aggression and has a huge future in origin.

Very happy and somewhat relieved.

Nathan Merritt OH GOD MY SIDES!

:loool::loool::loool::loool::loool:

Don't really think McQueen does anything that special. Myles to take his spot in the backrow and Hannant to prop would be a welcome change.

As for DCE I thought he did okay but I'm not really sure he at any stage offered us much. He'll be better for the experience and it was a useful exercise for the future but I don't think he should be persisted with in Game 3. Would replace him with either Lillyman (if we want to shore up our pack) or stick Barba in there for the last 15-20 if the game needs winning. In the context of needing to pull out a win Barba just has more x-factor than DCE.

Active Now

• Foordy
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Wolfie
  • Tim K
  • Battler
  • Brocko
  • Aldo
  • broncos4life
  • Waynesaurus
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Allo
  • Mr Fourex
  • Rah88
  • Harry Sack
  • Financeguy
  • broncsgoat
  • Fozz
  • Sproj
  • Galah
  • Mustafur
... and 22 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.