State of Origin Game III - NSW vs QLD

I can't remember but did Oates come way up and in again on that last play?
Mbye came about 15m in field... they had miles of space against that left edge all night. I don't know how Turbo didn't get another hat trick tonight

Mbye came about 15m in field... they had miles of space against that left edge all night. I don't know how Turbo didn't get another hat trick tonight

Because they were running through Chambers and Gagai with ease.

I still think Munster is our best 5/8th, but geez I'm also heavily leaning to him playing centre because all our current centres are absolute numpties. Well, unless Ponga is injured, then Munster is obviously fullback again.

Our centres cost us the game. The ref refereeing the game like an actual nrl match the first half (aka the way the game should be refereed) and then magically putting the whistle away in the second was fucked too.
As it's been mentioned before, geez we are light on quality centres aren't we.

I still think Munster is our best 5/8th, but geez I'm also heavily leaning to him playing centre because all our current centres are absolute numpties. Well, unless Ponga is injured, then Munster is obviously fullback again.

Yeah me too. Maybe Gagai at centre too. Reluctant to move him or Munster to somewhere they’ll get less ball but we have got good cover options and we aren’t winning with Chambers/Morgan/Mbye in the centres.

Last edited:

I really hope for rugby leagues sake that Milford rises to his potential.

It shows the state of players available when Munster is probably one of the few that makes the NSW side

We were just that x factor short tonight - NSW were ripe for a few tries at different times tonight, I wish Ponga had played, on the back of that effort from the forwards he would have carved up imo.

Such a deflating end to what was otherwise a gutsy performance from Queensland. They had no where near the strike of NSW yet got beaten at the death by a great long distance effort. I thought they played just about the perfect first half. 100% completions and they were making a lot of big hits when they needed to.

They didn't go on with it in the second half. The Maroons got a little sloppy and for a moment there it looked like it was going to be a carve up. I think the Blues kept Queensland in the game just as much as Queensland kept fighting, but to their credit they levelled the scores.

I've been critical of Freddy, but the way he used Murray tonight was outstanding. He was an absolute terror for the Maroons in that second half and just kept the middles extremely honest. I think bringing him on in the second half when he did swung the game their way and his involvement in that last play can't be understated.

I feel extremely disappointed for the Maroons because it would have been an incredible win had they pulled it off. $3+ outsiders, winning away with key injuries. Unfortunately it didn't work out their way, but I think they did the jersey proud. There were some sloppy moments, but the efforts from McGuire and Lowe at the end will stick with me.

Welp, QLD lost Origin and the Broncs will be incredibly lucky to even play finals. Hey 2019...

tenor.gif

Left edge? The one that didn’t leak a soft try 10 metres out from the line? Unlike the right edge with Hewie and Dewie?

They're both bad. I've wanted Chambers out of the team for at least 3 years. Gagai was obviously playing injured after that knee from JAC tonight, worst game he's ever played for QLD. I can't handle Oates in Origin, rocks and diamonds seriously doesn't cut it for this arena, even Fergo is 75% more reliable than Oates, and he's what most people would consider rocks and diamonds.

1. Ponga
2. x
3. x
4. x
5. Gagai
6. Munster
7. Cherry-Evans (c)
8. McGuire
9. x
10. Papalii
11. x
12. Gillett
13. Arrow

14. x
15. x
16. Ofahengaue
17. Welch

Only players I'm willing to lock in for next year, the rest haven't done enough for mine, open spots everywhere. Based on tonight's performance I wouldn't be against Lowe on the left edge for next year, he played like a real Queenslander tonight, good kicking option as well. Hopefully Holmes fails in the NFL, we need him back on that left wing.

Chambers is the ultimate loser, error after error, missed tackles, penalties. As soon as he does one good thing right he’ll drop the ball or something. He is fucked and needs to go.

Morgan and Mbye are both done, why Mbye was selected at all is beyond me.

Norman was a passenger fucked up a kick on the full but didn’t completely embarrass himself. I still don’t know why Milford wasn’t in consideration at all compared to some of these clowns.

As it's been mentioned before, geez we are light on quality centres aren't we.

I tell you what, I really hope we can pick a lot more players in their actual positions next year. Someone must be able to force Chambers out of centre, and there's gotta be an actual hooker who can develop over the next twelve months to replace Hunt (not that he was terrible tonight). If they can get a more cohesive team together, tonight shows Queensland is more than capable of matching it with NSW, even if the talent on paper doesn't seem to show it.

Active Now

• Morepudding
  • Gaz
  • Johnny92
  • porouian
  • Xzei
  • Dash
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Foordy
  • Jazza
  • Harry Sack
  • theshed
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Culhwch
  • broncsgoat
  • Lazza
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Broncosgirl
  • Allo
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.