State of Origin II - NSW v Queensland - Pre-Match Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
If jt can repeat his cows game we'll be looking good

Apparently Daley is considering switching Hayne to right centre to replace Josh Morris.

After watching his game at fullback, I bloody hope it happens.

Heard this too. No direct quotes though so pure conjecture at this point.

Absolute madness if he goes through with it...

Vidot on a wing with Tate in the centres is fine by me with GI at the back and the Milf on the bench, that is a bucketload of strike power there.

Vidot on a wing with Tate in the centres is fine by me with GI at the back and the Milf on the bench, that is a bucketload of strike power there.

I really like Vidot, he's been a great pickup for us, but I don't think he's up to the task yet. Needs to hone his instincts in both attack and defence to be a force in that arena.

Last edited:
I really like Vidot, he's been a great pickup for us, but I don't think he's up to the task yet. Needs to hone his instincts in both attack and defence to be a force in that arena.

Can someone confirm that vidot is eligible?

He played for Samoa, so no.

He played for Samoa this year, that is. Can't play this year.

Good, I don't think he's ready. I love him, but he needs more time before being thrown into a must-win Origin. I hope we avoid rookies as far as possible, especially for those on the paddock for the entire game.

On further thought, I'm nervous about the prospect of Hayne in the centres and Dugan at the back. Dugan was VERY good for them there last year, he won't let them down even if his form has been ordinary - he's playing for the fucking Dragons, poor bastard! Hayne wouldn't play a traditional centre's role, he'd be more like a Hodgo with free rein to pop up whenever he wanted to, wherever he wanted to. That would be very very dangerous IMO. Loz would be worse off sticking Dugan at centre - yeah he's got speed, but centre is not a position he's played at NRL level (as far as I know) let alone rep level. With an unknown winger outside him, that's a definite weak spot and whoever our pairing on that side are, will carve them to shreds.

I had to laugh at some of the names being thrown around by the media...McManus, Uate, etc etc etc. Bring that shit on, we'll eat them up like their last games!

With Dugan supposedly playing in the Centres for the Dragqueens tonight, I think he's the more likely option there for NSW. Daley is not that stupid.....surprisingly.

I've been watching Dugan in the game tonight, and I really hope Daley decides to go with him in the centre position.

He is useless at centre. Inglis would have a field day if he plays at centre.

Last edited:
Yeah. Have only been watching since about the 14 min mark, but I've barely seen him touch the ball. Tries down his side too.

My NSW team for Game 2

1: Jarryd Hayne
2: Michael Gordon/Josh Mansour
3: Michael Jennings
4: Will Hopoate
5: Daniel Tupou
6: Josh Reynolds
7: Trent Hodkinson
8: Aaron Woods
9: Robbie Farah
10: James Tamou
11: Ryan Hoffman
12: Greg Bird
13: Paul Gallen

14: Luke Lewis
15: Anthony Watmough
16: Beau Scott/Trent Merrin
17: Tony Williams

Almost the same team as the team from the first game. I would love to see Mansour get a shot at origin and if he isn't picked I would like Gordon to get another game. He is an extremely underrated player and was quite solid in his sole origin game to date. Hoppa is a pro and I would be stunned if he wasn't picked.

Last edited:
Good, I don't think he's ready. I love him, but he needs more time before being thrown into a must-win Origin. I hope we avoid rookies as far as possible, especially for those on the paddock for the entire game.

On further thought, I'm nervous about the prospect of Hayne in the centres and Dugan at the back. Dugan was VERY good for them there last year, he won't let them down even if his form has been ordinary - he's playing for the fucking Dragons, poor bastard! Hayne wouldn't play a traditional centre's role, he'd be more like a Hodgo with free rein to pop up whenever he wanted to, wherever he wanted to. That would be very very dangerous IMO. Loz would be worse off sticking Dugan at centre - yeah he's got speed, but centre is not a position he's played at NRL level (as far as I know) let alone rep level. With an unknown winger outside him, that's a definite weak spot and whoever our pairing on that side are, will carve them to shreds.

I had to laugh at some of the names being thrown around by the media...McManus, Uate, etc etc etc. Bring that shit on, we'll eat them up like their last games!

The problem with Dugan at fullback is that he's tits on a bull when it comes to ball playing or being a link man. Hayne is the best they have by far (and honestly the best ball playing fullback in the world). They don't really have the halves to beat us, they have to rely on Hayne. Let's face it, all Hodkinson and Reynolds did was shuffle the ball to him anyway, kick on the last and Reynolds also ran in support.

The problem with Dugan at fullback is that he's tits on a bull when it comes to ball playing or being a link man. Hayne is the best they have by far (and honestly the best ball playing fullback in the world). They don't really have the halves to beat us, they have to rely on Hayne. Let's face it, all Hodkinson and Reynolds did was shuffle the ball to him anyway, kick on the last and Reynolds also ran in support.

Very true, but Dugan has pace and that's one thing the current QLD side is lacking, all our speedsters are getting a bit long in the tooth. Dugan was very threatening in broken play last year, he only needs half a gap. If Hayne had a roving commission he'd basically play in attack, like he did in Origin 1. Our attack / their defence is where we may have them in that situation though. Will be interested to see which way they go..

Just read that Slater is "an almost certain starter" for game 2, after responding well to treatment on his arm.

Just read that Slater is "an almost certain starter" for game 2, after responding well to treatment on his arm.

Where was this?
The conflicting updates are getting ridiculous..

What about Gagai on the wing or centre?

Not sure if he would be considered after his stuff up in the emerging origin camp though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Strop
  • BroncosAlways
  • Behold
  • Wolfie
  • broncos4life
  • Xzei
  • Mustafur
  • Financeguy
  • Swordfish
  • Dash
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Aldo
  • Foordy
  • Lozza
  • Manofoneway
  • I bleed Maroon
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.