State of Origin II - NSW v Queensland - Pre-Match Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Q

Qlder88

NYC Player
May 29, 2014
Apparently dce has been picked (despite medical staff saying he's not ready), Hunt will be on the bench and they're deciding to dump mcqueen or lillyman. What are the odds on mcqueen..

Q

Qlder88

NYC Player
May 29, 2014
If DCE plays with Hunt on the bench and McQueen out, that is a pretty good result in my mind.

That's what I want too, but I doubt it'll happen. Lillyman will be goone :(

vertigo

vertigo

State of Origin Rep
Mar 2, 2010
What's the bet DCE goes down quicker than Cronk and it completely ***** us.

Q

Qlder88

NYC Player
May 29, 2014
What's the bet DCE goes down quicker than Cronk and it completely ****s us.

I'll take that bet. Where's tom Waterhouse when you actually need him. Forget odds on the winner, where are the odds on the first dodgy refs call or spear tackle

Brett

Brett

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 27, 2013
Apparently dce has been picked (despite medical staff saying he's not ready), Hunt will be on the bench and they're deciding to dump mcqueen or lillyman. What are the odds on mcqueen..

I'm hearing Hunt has been dropped. DCE picked and 4 forwards on the bench. Inglis to 5/8 if DCE is injured.

Q

Qlder88

NYC Player
May 29, 2014
I'm hearing Hunt has been dropped. DCE picked and 4 forwards on the bench. Inglis to 5/8 if DCE is injured.

Gees how bad would you feel for Hunt if that's true.. Poor guy

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011

Good one Mal. So when DCE inevitably goes down, we will lose one of our centres to have him play in a position he hasn't played in about 4 years. Solid.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
Gees how bad would you feel for Hunt if that's true.. Poor guy

I feel terrible for him. Been training there all week only to be dropped for a guy that has finally managed to run in a straight line. Did Mal not see how poorly DCE played when he hadnt trained with the team in the halves?!?

Q

Qlder88

NYC Player
May 29, 2014
I'm pleading ignorance at this point and grasping at the foxing media hype. When I can't hide behind that excuse, I'll be hiding behind my lounge

Last edited:
Brett

Brett

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 27, 2013
Who really knows though? We're all hearing different things.

Scenario 1: DCE has been fine the whole time and Mal is playing games, though it would seem awfully strange for him to NOT train with the team if this was the case.

Scenario 2: Hunt is starting and DCE was ruled out last week. Mal has been foxing the media to take all the pressure off Hunt. We haven't seen anything really in the media about Hunt, so if this is the ploy, it's worked a charm.

Scenario 3: Mal is actually giving DCE until one hour before kick off to prove his fitness. This can easily be seen as stupid and careless, but think about Hunt. He's being told to prepare as if he might be playing, but Mal keeps the pressure off him until the last minute. One hour before kick off is not really enough time for the wars to wage in Hunts' head.

Scenario 4: Mal is giving DCE until one hour before kickoff because he believes DCE is a superior talent and the team can't do without him. He's willing to take the risk on his injury and will reshuffle the whole team if he goes down. Surely this will spell the end of the game. It's not often a team gets reshuffled during a game and still goes well. They usually end up looking lost and rudderless.

There's probably a myriad of other scenarios I haven't accounted for, but nevertheless, it's going to be very interesting to see how this all plays out.

Q

Qlder88

NYC Player
May 29, 2014
Please be number 2 or 3.. Preferably 2.
It's a huge risk to play Hunt on a debut in a do or die game on Sydney, but at the end of the day, is it that much riskier than playing dce who hasn't trained??

Brett

Brett

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 27, 2013
Please be number 2 or 3.. Preferably 2.
It's a huge risk to play Hunt on a debut in a do or die game on Sydney, but at the end of the day, is it that much riskier than playing dce who hasn't trained??

That's the question isn't it. I'm a big Hunt fan, but really, you're better off going with someone who isn't injured and has been training with the team all week. If we were talking about Lockyer or Thurston, sure, play them. But...

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
I think DCE was always going to play even if it is on one leg. Hunt isn't rated all that highly and he was only in there if they got desperate. Lets hope Hunt has learned plenty from the week with the team and DCE is cherry ripe for tonight's match.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
On the one hand, DCE is probably underdone and not going to be 100%. On the other hand, he's a better player than Hunt, and has experience in big matches...and this is as big as it gets.

I'd have Hunt on the bench as back up, though not at the fucking expense of our only front rower replacement. We really don't need 4 forwards (or rather 3 back rowers) on the bench.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
I can almost guarantee Hunt won't be on the bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• heartly87
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Jedhead
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Redfern_1980
  • BroncosAlways
  • broncos4life
  • winslow_wong
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Bucking Beads
  • The Don
  • Morkel
  • Ejbroncos
  • theshed
  • Manofoneway
  • FACTHUNT
  • scobie
  • Totally Unr3al
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.