State of Origin III - Queensland vs NSW - Pre-Match Discussion

I bloody hope mal is picking Chambers for more than just the fact he's team mates with slater.. Why not winterstein, or vidot? Feel sorry for Lawrence too, Gees what's he got to do

Lawrence is old, no point picking him as it should be about the future.

And Winterstein is a kiwi.

Not in origin. Maybe residents or something.

At least Te'o won't be in the NRL next year. Hopefully McQueen ***** off too.

McQueen out (albeit forced) is a step forward. Taylor in is a step backwards. Chambers is another step backwards.

Te'o shouldn't be there as he won't be in the NRL next year, and it would be the ideal opportunity to get McGuire into the team, especially with the lack of go forward we'll have. Taylor better pull his head in, cart the ball with purpose and stop pretending he's a centre!

I dunno about Morgan as 18/19th man either. He's never going to be the QLD fullback. It's like NSW picking Mead there or something.

Blues team:

Jarryd Hayne
James McManus
Josh Dugan
Josh Morris
Daniel Tupou
Josh Reynolds
Trent Hodkinson
Paul Gallen
Robbie Farah
Aaron Woods
Beau Scott
Ryan Hoffman
Greg Bird

Interchange:

Trent Merrin
Boyd Cordner
James Tamou
Luke Lewis

Josh Morris recalled as Blues make three changes

Please, Please tell me Dugan and McManus are marking GI and Boyd.

NSW team

1: Jarryd Hayne
2: Daniel Tupou
3: Josh Dugan
4: Josh Morris
5: James McManus
6: Josh Reynolds
7: Trent Hodkinson
8: Paul Gallen
9: Robbie Farah
10: Aaron Woods
11: Ryan Hoffman
12: Beau Scott
13: Greg Bird

14: Trent Merrin
15: James Tamou
16: Boyd Cordner
17: Luke Lewis

I'm happy with the team but Josh Mansour is very unlucky not to be there as he has been absolutely killing it for the Panthers and is leading the league in tackle breaks. Apart from that I don't have any problems with it. Welcome back Josh.

Mansour is pretty much NSW's Daniel Vidot. McAnus is much more reliable though. Meh either way.

I think it is stupid to pick Te'o when it is common knowledge he is fucking off to Union next season. A stock standard QLD side which we are all used to by now.

Fantastic to see Cooper Cronk back. I think we're all guilty of underestiminating his contribution to the Queensland side and we've missed him dearly.

Also great to see Parker and Thaiday in their natural positions.

Can't say I'm a fan of Chambers on the wing, but it's a dead rubber and the options were slim.

I'm pretty disappointed for Josh McGuire, I would have liked to have seen him receive a chance off the bench and given Papalii a shot over Taylor with the possibility of a prop forward like Lawrence or if you want to take a roll of the dice, Napa off the bench.

Mansour is pretty much NSW's Daniel Vidot. McAnus is much more reliable though. Meh either way.

Fair point. McManus is more reliable and solid and does have Origin experience and Daley wants to pick players with experience. I just think Mansour brings more than McManus. Mansour can win you a game and would be great to use as an extra forward/winger when the opposition is tiring whilst McManus is just a solid first grade winger.

McManus deserved to make the team last year as he was one of the form wingers in the competition but even then he was a step below everyone else despite his best effort.

This year he's been bog ordinary and really offers little to the Knights.

Should have gone with Taufua or Mansour. Both have weaknesses but it's a dead rubber wing spot, no pressure what-so-ever and a good chance to blood for future purposes.

Aye, shame for McGuire who deserves to be there but the truth of the matter is that the best young talents Queensland have coming through all play in positions that are covered.

Pretty strong side the Maroons have named. We look a lot more dangerous with Cronk back and our bench is stronger. Looking forward to the game. No way the Blues get a clean sweep with that lineup.

Active Now

• jd87
  • Johnny92
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Battler
  • Mustafur
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Fitzy
  • Stix
  • GCBRONCO
  • Sproj
  • Organix
  • Culhwch
  • Morkel
  • BRC088
  • BroncosAlways
  • Bish
  • FACTHUNT
  • bazza
  • big k
  • RolledOates
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.