State of Origin III - Queensland vs NSW - Pre-Match Discussion

CaptainHook

NRL Player
Maybe they watched our game against the Sharks too. If he truly was in contention leading into that game, Copley did everything possible to play himself out of it.
Agree 100%. A good game against the Sharks would have been enough, I suspect. Hopefully he learns from it and has a good end to the year.

Big Pete

International Captain
Brisbane
Where?

Daley seemed to be saying all the right things before the win. Now that he got a pretty flukey Origin series win under his belt he's becoming all talk.

Big Pete

International Captain
Brisbane
"It's quite disappointing that it's not a sell out," Daley said.

"Every Origin game is unique and this one will be no different.
"It's always tough coming up here and it would good for them (Queensland fans) to let (the Maroons) know that regardless that they've lost this series we're still behind you and supporting you.
"I'm sure their team would expect for that support base to be there."
Daley disappointed Origin III not a sell-out - NRL.com

Are the only comments I can find from Laurie which is fair enough from him.

Battler

NRL Captain
North Brisbane
Can you blame Suncorp not selling out after the refereeing performance in game two? Why support inept and/or corrupt officiating with your hard earned cash after your team just got shafted? I still want to see a packed house and a maroons win by 20+ points, but the NRL has to get a taste of the viewing public's displeasure in the shit house refereeing this year.

Big Pete

International Captain
Brisbane
Can't blame the refereeing performance on bad attendances, been plenty worse than Game II 2014.

I just think it's terrible pricing and the fact that it's a dead rubber that's stalled sales. Hard to justify $200 to potentially watch the Maroons get swept.

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Out there somewhere
Laurie is absolutely spot on with his comments. Just because the series is decided doesn't mean everything is done and dusted and the 3rd game is meaningless, there is still a lot on the line if you ask me.

ivanhungryjak

NRL Captain
Suncorp Stadium
Yep, it's pricing for me. Didn't go to the first and won't go to this one. If they hadn't have got so greedy, I'd have quite happily paid a fair price and gone to both. Results so far are irrelevant.

uptheguts

QCup Player
I see Like Patten has been appointed as a video ref to game three . If I was a betting man ,that alone is worth four points start to the blues.

Taylor1921

QCup Player
I'm praying that they name Josh McGuire instead of Dave Taylor. They couldn't be dumb enough to go with dave Taylor again?

Rally Towel

NRL Player
I'm praying that they name Josh McGuire instead of Dave Taylor. They couldn't be dumb enough to go with dave Taylor again?
That would be nice, but I don't think it's going to happen. Hopefully he gets a shot next year with T'eo rugby bound. He'd thrive in this arena. Makes plenty of metres, tackles hard and good ball control. His tendency for over aggression wouldn't harm him either. Wouldn't get pinged for half the shit he does on club games.

That said, I hope Dave goes on a rampage tonight. He owes it to the cause.

CaptainHook

NRL Player
Apart from that one pass, I thought Taylor played alright. It was a shockin' pass though...hopefully he's learned a valuable lesson.

Rally Towel

NRL Player
Apart from that one pass, I thought Taylor played alright. It was a shockin' pass though...hopefully he's learned a valuable lesson.
Agreed. Until that moment he'd been doing exactly what we needed. He will always be an easy target for criticism due to past indiscretions though.

Super glad we don't have McQueen this time. I try to get behind the boys no matter what, but I just fail to see what value he adds.

Alec

International Rep
To be honest, if there was a winger there instead of McQueen, people would probably think it's a good play.

Big Pete

International Captain
Brisbane
Nope.

Taylor was given one job and that was to get his 6'4 halfback shit out of his game. Players even spoke publically about it.

There he was, when we finally gave the ball and he's there taking the soft option.

The fact McQueen, a second row, was playing there was even MORE reason to hold it.

Just dumb, no excuse for it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Twitter