State of Origin III - Queensland vs NSW - Pre-Match Discussion

McQueen needs to have his papers stamped. He has been utterly useless over the past two games this year, and directly contributed to us losing the series (that knock on when he was on the wing, not being in position for the Taylor pass (although that is as much Taylor's **** up), pathetic metres, pathetic defence in the first game).

Would be shattering to see Tate go out like this he is a great player and one of the most courageous sportsmen I've seen. It's satisfying beyond belief that NSW have got the shield in our keeping for now but I would still like another big performance.

Would be shattering to see Tate go out like this he is a great player and one of the most courageous sportsmen I've seen. It's satisfying beyond belief that NSW have got the shield in our keeping for now but I would still like another big performance.

Yeah, NSW fans won't be able to boo him anymore. will need to find another player to jeer at when they suffer an injury. All because he had the audacity to say he was frightened for his safety when flipped in the air...

As it stand we will need to play someone new on the wing and a new prop so there is a 2 openings for debutantes.

I'd go with Copley on the wing. His size and strength could really add something to the team.

We need someone big and fast. Inglis, Slater and Hodges have lost a yard of pace and Boyd has never been quick

M to the ranta.

Also an a somewhere in there too.

We need someone big and fast. Inglis, Slater and Hodges have lost a yard of pace and Boyd has never been quick
We don't have anybody like that. our outside back depth is poor.

1. Billy Slater
2. Darius Boyd
3. Greg Inglis
4. Justin Hodges
5. Dane Gagai
6. Johnathan Thurston
7. Daly Cherry-Evans
8. Josh McGuire
9. Cameron Smith (c)
10. Nate Myles
11. Aidan Guerra
12. Sam Thaiday
13. Corey Parker

14. Jacob Lillyman
15. Chris McQueen/Brenton Lawrence
16. Matt Gillett
17. Anthony Milford

I don't expect too many changes and i would not make them myself. I expect Parker to be right for this game so Thaiday to right edge to menace Hoffman and Hodginson
BTW This is assuming Scott is out

Last edited:
What a sad way to go out though. And booed when he leaves the field! Funnily enough it was the blues players who helped Tate, but the fans can go **** themselves for the heckling of Tate when he was taken off. Makes me sick.

I see a Qld supporter in western Sydney is up on murder charges after shooting a blues supporter last night. It must have been one nasty argument

Yes.

Vidot chose to represent Samoa so he cannot play for the Maroons.

Not a whole lot between Gagai and Copley. I just rate Dane as the better talent and believe he's more prepared than Copley at this stage.

Better hole runner, stronger defender.

Gillett will be better in the latter stages where his foot-work can come into play.

Had Vidot played for Samoa since the world cup. eligiblity cycles reset after the world cup and he can change his allegiance if he hasn't played for them since (same as McGuire)

He played against Fiji during the Representative Weekend.

Played well too.

I'm so confused by all this hate towards Taylor, Guerra, McQueen, Gillett... like I understand they didn't have perfect games, far from it.. but with Papalii, Scott and Parker injured, there's literally nobody else that's eligible for the team that could do better than them, so you're going to have to suck it up for the moment, they're all young and they've all got talent.

The hate towards Taylor is justifiable because of his previous origin performances, and McQueen has been pretty poor this season at club level, but I mean Guerra and Gillett have been close to the best players for their clubs this year and based on form deserve the spots, we can't start picking people now who are "seasoned" at origin level, because we're going to end up with a team of 30+ year old has beens and before we know it we're losing 6 players a year to retirement.

I just don't see what alternatives we have at this stage, with the plethora of injuries we've got we're going to have to tough it out with them, it'll be beneficial for them in the long run, half of BHQ would like to run out with this pack in Game 3.

8. Shillington
10. Hannant
11. Harrison
12. Thaiday
13. Myles

#OldAndReliable

Last edited:
Billy Moore looks pretty fit still

Few things:

Tate hasn't had anything confirmed, he went home to Townsville today.
Farah's knee broke Scott's cheekbone in the 20th minute.
DCE didn't not train all week and he knows what the side does anyway.
Mal spoke after the game to the guys about how proud he was of them and the guys sang the team song to celebrate the last eight years.
There won't be wholesale changes, only forced changes.

"It's definitely my ACL. I'm gutted," Tate told News Corp on Thursday.

Coming from someone who's had his fair share of knee injuries, I'm willing to take his word for it.

Active Now

• Bongo
  • Broncorob
  • Broncosgirl
  • Sproj
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Bucking Beads
  • Porthoz
  • Waynesaurus
  • GCBRONCO
  • Strop
  • Johnny92
  • Foordy
  • Dash
  • Wolfie
  • Xzei
  • Santa
  • The True King
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Financeguy
  • Mr Fourex
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.