State of Origin III - Queensland vs NSW - Pre-Match Discussion

Could really use Vidot on kick returns. Harrison has never, ever, ever let us down. He deserves a swansong IMO. But also because I don't like either McQueen or Guerra. I know that this game is ideal to give the youth more experience, but they've both been underwhelming. McQueen we all kind of agree on. But Guerra... he looked good in game 1, but in hindsight we have to remember he was next to Inglis. NSW had numbers on him, which is why Guerra was able to make so many metres. I'd prefer him to McQueen, but honestly I'd rather start Te'o. Gillett can go back to the bench so he knows he has to improve his tackling.

I mean Vidot can't play because he played for Samoa.

Guerra...he's more of a lock than an edge back rower. Him starting to play in middle for the Roosters is what caused his quick rise IMO. In hindsight, we should have moved Gillett to the left, moved Thaiday to the right, and Guerra would have been in the middle.

While I was a fan of Harrison Morkel, I thought his performances in Game 2 2012 and Game 1 2013 left a lot to be desired. There's a fine line between a good and a bad Harrison performance and sadly he was beginning to falter.

I agree with your reasoning though...I know I've bit the bullet and picked Guerra but honestly I haven't been pleased with him as much as others. On replay, I thought his first game was actually pretty ordinary considering he had GI to use and I didn't think he played any better than McQueen did in Game II and that's my measuring stick in terms of being ordinary.

McQueen is done. He's fucking useless. McGuire has to get a start, he's made for origin.

We have played so poorly this series and yet we've lost by a total of 6 points or something. If we played to 80% of our full potential we'd be up 2-0.

Inglis is so so far ahead of Hayne it's not funny.

I agree that Greg is wasted at centre. I think he needs to be at fullback. Billy is still solid but he just doesn't offer as much as GI anymore.

I could accept you saying Greg is better than Hayne. That's probably true but not by anywhere near as much as you just made out. This comment is so biased it laughable.

Could really use Vidot on kick returns. Harrison has never, ever, ever let us down. He deserves a swansong IMO. But also because I don't like either McQueen or Guerra. I know that this game is ideal to give the youth more experience, but they've both been underwhelming. McQueen we all kind of agree on. But Guerra... he looked good in game 1, but in hindsight we have to remember he was next to Inglis. NSW had numbers on him, which is why Guerra was able to make so many metres. I'd prefer him to McQueen, but honestly I'd rather start Te'o. Gillett can go back to the bench so he knows he has to improve his tackling.

I'd start Teo and Papalii......

The aggressive early minutes is just what both need to fire them into the game.

Parker completes the starting back row.

Harrison is a step backwards......SOO isn't a charity, we're picking teams to win and Harrsion's day in the sun is gone.

I could accept you saying Greg is better than Hayne. That's probably true but not by anywhere near as much as you just made out. This comment is so biased it laughable.

yeah, strong lol/10 ... Inglis is probably the most powerful player in the game but Hayne is doing things at the moment that only Hayne can do...

He let us down last year when he was terrible and was obviously past origin form.

While I definitely agree harros origin days are long long gone, it's a mute point anyway really as there is plenty of talk around that his latest neck injury will force him into retirement

While I definitely agree harros origin days are long long gone, it's a mute point anyway really as there is plenty of talk around that his latest neck injury will force him into retirement

Didnt he just play on the weekend with said neck injury

I'm just calling it like it is. Every coach has relied on front rowers. It's not rocket science.

This just isn't true, Meninga hasn't done anything that plenty of coaches aren't doing. Parramatta, Broncos and Dragons are all doing the same thing.

We saw all the hysteria with Parker, pre-season it was going to end his career, worst move ever. His game hasn't been harmed at all and never was going to be.

It's not NRL but in the ISC the Jets start the game with two backrowers as frontrowers and two backs on the bench with a hooker and a forward.

If the rucks are kept quick like they were at the start of the year, it works and plenty of coaches knew that pre-season.

This just isn't true, Meninga hasn't done anything that plenty of coaches aren't doing. Parramatta, Broncos and Dragons are all doing the same thing.

We saw all the hysteria with Parker, pre-season it was going to end his career, worst move ever. His game hasn't been harmed at all and never was going to be.

It's not NRL but in the ISC the Jets start the game with two backrowers as frontrowers and two backs on the bench with a hooker and a forward.

If the rucks are kept quick like they were at the start of the year, it works and plenty of coaches knew that pre-season

... but this just doesn't happen in Origin...especially Origin two this year.

The holding down in the rucks was the worst i've seen it for quite a few years.

You're right. Considering retirement over next 2 weeks

Last edited:
NSW are talking as though they flogged us. we haven't had our chief organizer in Cronk and his back up didn't train. if Cronk didn't get injured I reckon we would have won the series already. it just didn't go our way this year. NSW better enjoy one in a row

Any takers on Oates as a replacement for Tate? It might be too early but he's a strong runner, a good support player and could form a good combo with Hodges.

I don't have an issue with his name being mentioned.

Queensland don't exactly have a lot of options and it isn't like Queensland hasn't put a bet on a rookie before - Tate & Smith both made their debuts in their rookie years.

Oates is around the same age.

Active Now

• Broncorob
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.