State of Origin III - Queensland vs NSW - Pre-Match Discussion

Chambers , o'neil , Tonga and even Copley would be in front of Oates.

Oates has a bigger future in Origin than all four and is actually in a position where he could play Origin and wouldn't let the state down.

Chambers , o'neil , Tonga and even Copley would be in front of Oates.

Can we stop bringing up Chamber in Origin conversations this year though? He's been horrible this year.

Don't get me wrong . I think Oates will get there. Just not yet.

I'm not against the idea of Oates playing, actually. He'd get 30mins or so, and you'd think by his performances to date (compared to the incumbents) he'd be squarely in the frame next year anyway. Maybe save it til next year, give him a crack in the emerging camp at the start of the year.

Josh McGuire has to be in the side. He also has to be warned to keep his temper lol...I fully expect Game III to be worse than Game II in the niggle department.

I love Oates, he's got a massive future.. but yeah I think it might be a little bit too soon, especially since he hasn't even played in the centres in first grade, ever.

Copley or Gagai would have to be my first 2 choices for a semi-long term centre for Queensland, both are prone to make errors in attack and defense though, which could be a problem.

While we're at it, what team does NSW field for game 3? They've lost Watmough to suspension and Jennings to injury, not sure on the status of the Morris twins.

1. Hayne
2. Mansour
3. Dugan
4. Hopoate
5. Tupou
6. Reynolds
7. Hodkinson
8. Gallen
9. Farrah
10. Woods
11. Scott
12. Hoffman
13. Bird

14. Tamou
15. Merrin
16. Lewis
17. Williams

I reckon that's pretty much close to the side they should pick.

If Fifita is available then consider picking him off the bench, otherwise just roll with that side.

I reckon they're in for a rude awakening. All this talk of a white-wash and the Blues dominating Suncorp may make them complacent when they can't afford to be off.

I reckon that's pretty much close to the side they should pick.

If Fifita is available then consider picking him off the bench, otherwise just roll with that side.

I reckon they're in for a rude awakening. All this talk of a white-wash and the Blues dominating Suncorp may make them complacent when they can't afford to be off.

I hope we belt them by 30. One thing this team hasn't achieved in their reign is a big, big winning margin. It'd be very sweet for it to happen in Game III.

That and I could almost handle Gallen holding the shield up to 2000 Blues fans in an empty Suncorp after an exceptionally heavy loss...

I hope we belt them by 30. One thing this team hasn't achieved in their reign is a big, big winning margin. It'd be very sweet for it to happen in Game III.

That and I could almost handle Gallen holding the shield up to 2000 Blues fans in an empty Suncorp after an exceptionally heavy loss...

Didn't we belt them 30 nil in 2008?

I'm against tinkering with the side too much for game 3. The series may be lost but it's not the time to reinvent the wheel, it's time to salvage some pride. Obviously Tate is out, and likely Scott too. I'd drop McQueen as our weakest link too.

Bring in Parker, and another forward for Thumper (Hannant perhaps?). I'd like us to retain a four forward bench. Copley to the wing.

I think it's a great time to give Hunt some time on the bench. Even if he gets the last 15 minutes (if the game is beyond doubt, either way) to play in the halves in place of JT. At least that way he can start developing a combination with DCE. If the game is a close one he can fill the role Cronk & DCE have in the past.

Didn't we belt them 30 nil in 2008?

I'm against tinkering with the side too much for game 3. The series may be lost but it's not the time to reinvent the wheel, it's time to salvage some pride. Obviously Tate is out, and likely Scott too. I'd drop McQueen as our weakest link too.

Bring in Parker, and another forward for Thumper (Hannant perhaps?). I'd like us to retain a four forward bench. Copley to the wing.

Yeah, we've had some pretty big 30 point wins in our streak. Which is a big margin considering it's Origin. However, I would have really loved a 50 odd belting to return serve. Also, as good as this team was, there was only 1 clean sweep.

True guys...I guess I'd love to see QLD hold the largest winning margin and highest score in a match records (both held by NSW) in Game III but who am I kidding lol

The only thing that could make losing the series 'bareable' would be for Gallen to have to hold up the trophy after getting beaten by a record orign score. Even better if NSW score 0.

meninga will select McQueen for sure. not sure who hannant pissed off to not even get a mention. if neither mcquire or hannant get picked I'll be pretty ropeable

They won't give Hunt a go off the bench. I don't think he is rated highly in the Maroons setup. Milford much more likely to be used as bench utility.

Jennings and Watmough are out of the 3rd game so it will be interesting to see who get's picked

What I would pick

1: Hayne
2: Mansour
3: Dugan
4: Hopoate
5: Tupou
6: Reynolds
7: Hodkinson
8: Gallen
9: Farah
10: Woods
11: Scott
12: Hoffman
13: Bird

14: Merrin
15: Lewis
16: Tamou
17: Williams

I wouldn't mind seeing Jarrod Croker getting a shot in the centres. He has been imo the Raiders best and most consistent back and deserves a shot in the centres.

Josh Morris might be back for them so he will slot into the centres.

Active Now

• BroncosFan_Corey
  • Strop
  • broncsgoat
  • Brotherdu
  • Volvo Driver
  • Johnny92
  • Mustafur
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Midean
  • Justwin
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • RodF
  • Mighty Bronx
  • LittleDavey
  • GCBRONCO
  • Nerd
  • Financeguy
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Santa
  • mitch222
... and 62 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.