State of Origin III - Queensland vs NSW - Pre-Match Discussion

meninga will select McQueen for sure. not sure who hannant ****ed off to not even get a mention. if neither mcquire or hannant get picked I'll be pretty ropeable

Hopefully they don't move Thaiday or Parker into Scotts place.

1. Slater
2. O'Neill (is he fit?)
3. Hodges
4. Inglis
5. Boyd
6. JT
7. DCE/Cronk
8. McGuire
9. Smith
10. Myles
11. Thaiday
12. Guerra
13. Parker

14. Milford
15. Papalii
16. Te'o
17. Gillett

Maybe another forward on the bench? Or blood Friend off the bench?

1: Hayne
2: Mansour
3: Dugan
4: Hopoate
5: Tupou
6: Reynolds
7: Hodkinson
8: Gallen
9: Farah
10: Woods
11: Scott
12: Hoffman
13: Bird

14: Merrin
15: Lewis
16: Tamou
17: Williams

Did you just copy my post from the last page? D:

1. Slater
2. O'Neill (is he fit?)
3. Hodges
4. Inglis
5. Boyd
6. JT
7. DCE/Cronk
8. McGuire
9. Smith
10. Myles
11. Thaiday
12. Guerra
13. Parker

14. Milford
15. Papalii
16. Te'o
17. Gillett

Maybe another forward on the bench? Or blood Friend off the bench?

Oneill is injured, and even if he wasn't, no. There are far better options than him. Copley is ahead of him without a doubt.

No more average storm backs. Wasn't Nielsen enough?

Get rid of Te'o. After seeing a high shot of the NSW try, he was the main offender. He back off when he should have been following DCE across the field more closely to not leave a gap. I realise everyone was probably out on their feet at that stage, but that's what origin is all about. I bet if it had been Nate Myles or the like he wouldn't have slacked off for that fraction of a second.

I'm probably being overly critical and if it was a player who would be in the QLD team for years to come I'd say he should be picked again, but given Te'o won't be here post this year, it's enough for me to say he shouldn't be in game 3.

Oneill is injured, and even if he wasn't, no. There are far better options than him. Copley is ahead of him without a doubt.

No more average storm backs. Wasn't Nielsen enough?

I'd say O'Niell, Gagai and Copley are next in line, in no particular order.

Surely you don't bother picking Te'o since he is off to Union next year.

According to the Broncos website Gillett & Parker are almost certainties for Origin 3, this would be my team, personally.

1. Slater
2. Boyd
3. Inglis
4. Hodges
5. McQueen
6. Thurston
7. Cherry-Evans
8. Hannant
9. Smith
10. Myles
11. Gillett
12. Thaiday
13. Parker

14. McGuire
15. Lillyman
16. Guerra
17. Te'o

I guess we could give a rookie a run on the wing, Copley / Vidot / Gagai / Chambers, not that keen but, McQueen will do alright on the wing.. you'd think..

According to the Broncos website Gillett & Parker are almost certainties for Origin 3, this would be my team, personally.

1. Slater
2. Boyd
3. Inglis
4. Hodges
5. McQueen
6. Thurston
7. Cherry-Evans
8. Hannant
9. Smith
10. Myles
11. Gillett
12. Thaiday
13. Parker

14. McGuire
15. Lillyman
16. Guerra
17. Te'o

I guess we could give a rookie a run on the wing, Copley / Vidot / Gagai / Chambers, not that keen but, McQueen will do alright on the wing.. you'd think..

Michael-scott-no-god-no.gif

Did you not origin 2? McQueens stint on the wing was quite possibly the worst I have ever seen. That try that went begging (which would have probably won us the game) that fumble fingers mcqueen dropped cold was woeful. McQueen shouldn't even be in the team, much less the wing. FMD

Cos he was awesome there in game 2 lol

Slater to the right wing, Inglis to FB and Chambers/Tonga left centre

MQueen to Wing... Yeah, nah. Come on man...

Play Gagai or Copley there. I'd lean towards Copley because of his combination with Hodges at club level. He's proven he's a good finisher too.

Cos he was awesome there in game 2 lol

Slater to the right wing, Inglis to FB and Chambers/Tonga left centre

This is what needs to happen. Slater will get involved and play well anywhere, Inglis is lazy at centre

Wait, you guys don't want McQueen on the wing because of the errors he makes, but you're suggesting Gagai as a replacement? Dear lord..

Edit: I'm just being realistic, Meninga obviously likes McQueen or he wouldn't be in the team after the season he's had, he's going to be in the team for the next 5 years whether we like it or not, and Mal doesn't like using rookies, so McQueen to the wing will probably be what he does.

Last edited:
Wait, you guys don't want McQueen on the wing because of the errors he makes, but you're suggesting Gagai as a replacement? Dear lord..

Edit: I'm just being realistic, Meninga obviously likes McQueen or he wouldn't be in the team after the season he's had, he's going to be in the team for the next 5 years whether we like it or not, and Mal doesn't like using rookies, so McQueen to the wing will probably be what he does.

Not many of us want Gagai, I certainly don't. But suggest McQueen is better on the wing he would be is just wrong.

Copley should come in on the wing. He is ready and his combo with hodges shouldn't be underestimated

Not many of us want Gagai, I certainly don't. But suggest McQueen is better on the wing he would be is just wrong.

Copley should come in on the wing. He is ready and his combo with hodges shouldn't be underestimated

Not sure about him being ready, he still makes plenty of errors in attack and defense in first grade, and origin is whole new kettle of fish. I'm all for him getting a shot though, he's earned it.

The Maroons should name a similar team as they have only lost games 1 and 2 by slim margins and to me they picked their best possible team in both games. Queensland only make mass changes if they are in total disarray and they aren't at the moment.

McQueen isn't even Origin standard in his natural position. Moving him to the wing is suicide.

McQueen isn't even Origin standard in his natural position. Moving him to the wing is suicide.

Agreed. McQueer to wing in game 2 was a stop gap.

Mal won't name him at wing. If he does, I'll shoot the ****.

Active Now

• Bish
  • broncoscope
  • Dash
  • Lostboy
  • The Don
  • Allo
  • NSW stables
  • Xzei
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • winslow_wong
  • Fatboy
  • Battler
  • Waynesaurus
  • FACTHUNT
  • Browny
  • Kev_Guz
  • Financeguy
  • GCBRONCO
  • Harry Sack
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
... and 18 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.