State of Origin III - Queensland vs NSW - Pre-Match Discussion

I can see the argument for both players TBH. Gagai is the more explosive talent but his defence is suspect. Copley is the bigger bodied player but sometimes his hands can be shocking.

Vidot already represented Samoa after the World Cup.

It's been decided.

Vidot already represented Samoa after the World Cup.

It's been decided.

I thought it was at any time between world cups. Because he represented them last World Cup, he hasn't changed it yet, meaning he's free to do so.

He was free to make a choice.

He chose to play for Samoa.

I thought it was at any time between world cups. Because he represented them last World Cup, he hasn't changed it yet, meaning he's free to do so.

He has played for Samoa since the world cup.

He was free to make a choice.

He chose to play for Samoa.

So he his rep allegiance is with Samoa and nobody else?

If so that's a bit disappointing I would've liked to have seen him in the Origin arena.

Until the next World Cup.

At least that's how I understand it.

I'm sure if he asks nice enough like Uate did in 2011, the ARL will overlook it...

:laugh:

Let's be realistic, neither Copley nor Gagai is playing game 3, if anything it'll be Will Chambers or one of our backrowers filling in there, similar to what Laurie was going to do with Scott in the centres.

I'm not speaking for what I want, but what I'm predicting, I'd take Dale or Dane over Chambers / McQueen on the wing in a heart beat.

Apparently I don't understand it.

Morkel was right.

Error Page

In true honorable fashion, I'll now call the representative rules stupid and give myself the moral victory.

According to the Broncos website Gillett & Parker are almost certainties for Origin 3, this would be my team, personally.

1. Slater
2. Boyd
3. Inglis
4. Hodges
5. McQueen
6. Thurston
7. Cherry-Evans
8. Hannant
9. Smith
10. Myles
11. Gillett
12. Thaiday
13. Parker

14. McGuire
15. Lillyman
16. Guerra
17. Te'o

I guess we could give a rookie a run on the wing, Copley / Vidot / Gagai / Chambers, not that keen but, McQueen will do alright on the wing.. you'd think..

McQueen was useless on the wing. If NSW had any kind of attacking prowess they would've scored 4 tries down that side. He hsould be out altogether.

McQueen was useless on the wing. If NSW had any kind of attacking prowess they would've scored 4 tries down that side. He hsould be out altogether.

Stop being stupid please, he played the last 20 minutes on the wing, outside Hodges, who he's never played outside before, if you threw Gagai or Copley on the wing for the last 20 minutes of an origin with absolutely no training on the wing, they'd crumble instantly.

Apparently I don't understand it.

Morkel was right.

Error Page

In true honorable fashion, I'll now call the representative rules stupid and give myself the moral victory.

I'm sure you'll forgive me if I sit here looking smug. That makes up for me being wrong on the Keep Left law.

So given Vidot IS eligible, do you pick him? Hodges has said himself he wants Copley picked.

So given Vidot IS eligible, do you pick him? Hodges has said himself he wants Copley picked.

Yeah I read that this morning. Puts everyone in an awkward situation if Vidot does get picked...

Yeah, but Vidot technically isn't eligible YET. Given he's already played for Samoa this year he'd have to give up his allegiance if they told him he was going to be selected for QLD. It's all very confusing.

Active Now

• BroncosAlways
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.