Sproj

Sproj

International Captain
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
So it's official.

What does that mean for the Broncs?

Will be take anyone with him?

Wonder if Ivan Cleary would be interested in an assistants job here?

****.. hope not!

congrats to kearney.. i thought he was derping it up in the griffinball years, but maybe he wasnt given the tools/space/reign, maybe its irrelevant

not expecting to see another warriors finals appearanxe anytime soon.. but good luck to him!

I think Kearney is better suited to an assistant role than a head role. His head coaching stint at Parramatta was abysmal, I can't remember anything positive about those 2 years.

I think Kearney is better suited to an assistant role than a head role. His head coaching stint at Parramatta was abysmal, I can't remember anything positive about those 2 years.
He was at Parramatta ... even the "great" Ricky Stuart got the wooden spoon with that mob

Yeah that was Parra. Don't forget he's going to the War.......sss, oh I see your point, Carry on

The mistake he made was trying to turn Parra into the Storm IMO. Not to mention the basket case that place has turned out to be. He's got a few more years behind him working up here, plus running the National side. I just wonder if he has what it takes to change the culture at the place, because I don't think a change of coach is going to change much, if anything.

On Cleary, rumours abound that the Dragons are chasing hard.

I reckon he was still too 'ripe' when he took the Parra job.

These last couple of years under Wayne, plus his experience with the national team will stand him in good stead.

It's going to be bloody tough though - the Warriors seem to have a toxic culture running through the club.

These last couple of years under Wayne, plus his experience with the national team will stand him in good stead.

It's going to be bloody tough though - the Warriors seem to have a toxic culture running through the club.

Probably exactly why they got the NZ test coach. That will get half their team onside straight up. How they respond is another matter.

It's going to take more than a change of coach to fix the problems there.

I don't see Kearney changing a thing. The attitude from the players on field the vast majority of the time is shit. I think that's a lot more than a coaching issue.

Last edited:
Quick search looks like maybe they've only had one. Kearney might be a really good call.

I think it's a good call, but will he be given the control to change/repair the culture there? As you've said previously, the issues run deeper than the coach.

I think it's a good call, but will he be given the control to change/repair the culture there? As you've said previously, the issues run deeper than the coach.

If he can get the playing group's respect, he'll go alright.

From Parra to the Warriors? No one can claim the man doesn't like a challenge.

First thing he needs to change is the warriors culture and therefor lack of. For years now they have just looked like they don't want to be on the field at times and I feel that the players think they run the club a little bit too much. Owners need to start backing coaches and getting rid of non performing players even if they are superstars of the club. Look at what Taylor has done with the tigers when they finally backed a coach for a change instead of a player.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Jedhead
  • broncos4life
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Johnny92
  • Tim K
  • winslow_wong
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Mr Fourex
  • Galah
  • Culhwch
  • Foordy
  • Harry Sack
  • Broncosgirl
  • Hoof Hearted
  • RolledOates
  • Manifesto
  • leon.bott
  • Brocko
  • Xzei
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.