Storm for Wooden Spoon - Betting Suspended

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with what the Raiders chairman said - the Storm should have all their playing contracts for 2011 dissolved and have to renegotiate with the whole squad.

They can only take pay cuts down to their minimum market value as set by the NRL or some crap.

I bet they keep all of the 'big four'.

Anonymous person said:
i dont see any reason why they cant rebuild either. i mean, even with the rorting they basically lost 50% of their team each year, yet the new guys they brought through were more than capable of matching it with the best of the NRL.

I'm a rugby league fan that is absolutely disgusted. The Storm franchise needs to be punished. The only reason these players were able to enjoy the club, work with the people around them, and be the players they are today, is because the bosses cheated.

I want their players split up. That's my opinion, whinge, moan, get on the highest horse you can find, argue, do whatever it is that your little Storm loving brain does. You will not change that opinion.

Nashy said:
The Storm franchise needs to be punished.
oh, i forgot that stripping them of 2 premierships, 3 minor premierships, all prize money, and taking them out of the 2010 season were rewards.

Anonymous person said:
Nashy said:
oh, i forgot that stripping them of 2 premierships, 3 minor premierships, all prize money, and taking them out of the 2010 season were rewards.

Yeah but it's not "punishment" if the Storm were able to retain the same squad that is $1.2 million over the salary cap to play again in 2011.

That's not the case anyway, they've already lost Finch, Hoffman, Tolman and Lima, and they will lose more.

Anonymous person said:
Nashy said:

As Coxy said.... but they can keep 4 of the biggest players in the NRL. Get your hand off it champ.

mate, if the big 4 wanna stay there, all your bitching and moaning wont change that. if they can legally keep all 4 of them, no-one has any right to stop that.

Exactly if they can legally keep them all then what is the problem?

Nashy said:
Anonymous person said:
Nashy said:

As Coxy said.... but they can keep 4 of the biggest players in the NRL. Get your hand off it champ.
the broncos have lockyer, folau, thaiday and hodges. are they not 4 of the biggest and most highly decorated players in the NRL? more origin games between them than melbournes 4, more test matches, more games.......

if they can keep those 4 and 21 other players under the cap, why shouldnt they be able to? just because they were paying them over the cap doesnt mean that they shouldnt be allowed to pay them under the cap.

im not the one who needs to get my hand off it. the people that need to do that are the people that seem to think that the big 4 players need to be told they are not allowed to play for the same team, thats an absolute joke. as long as they get 25 players and theyre under the cap, it doesnt matter who those 25 players are.

QUEENSLANDER said:
mate, if the big 4 wanna stay there, all your bitching and moaning wont change that. if they can legally keep all 4 of them, no-one has any right to stop that.

Agreed.

But if News, as they say, want this to be a transparent process with goodwill from the NRL community, the only way to do that is to cancel all playing contracts beyond this year and renegotiate fresh. It'll be tough given the fact it's already July (which is what Hartigan was upset with the directors about, having wasted their time with legal action instead of trying to fix the problem).

If in that process they manage to retain the "big 4" with contracts that are acceptable in their value to the NRL, so be it.

Anonymous person said:
Nashy said:
[quote="Anonymous person":2g9bevs7]
Nashy said:

the broncos have lockyer, folau, thaiday and hodges. are they not 4 of the biggest and most highly decorated players in the NRL? more origin games between them than melbournes 4, more test matches, more games.......

if they can keep those 4 and 21 other players under the cap, why shouldnt they be able to? just because they were paying them over the cap doesnt mean that they shouldnt be allowed to pay them under the cap.

im not the one who needs to get my hand off it. the people that need to do that are the people that seem to think that the big 4 players need to be told they are not allowed to play for the same team, thats an absolute joke. as long as they get 25 players and theyre under the cap, it doesnt matter who those 25 players are.[/quote:2g9bevs7]

You added Thaiday and Hodges to that list. Clearly we have different thoughts on this game and it's players. I bow out of what will turn into nothing but and argument.

The thing people need to realise is that these blokes can take a pay cut as long as they're not being paid any less than their agreed value. People are forgetting that they are being paid WAAAAAY above that value, it's not the same as a regular old pay cut if that makes sense.

In saying that though, I still hope they have to offload 1 of the big 4......well, 1 of them in particular anyway!

Thaiday is the best 2nd rower in the game, regarded by basically all 'experts' and fans, why shouldn't he be included?

The Brizz said:
Thaiday is the best 2nd rower in the game, regarded by basically all 'experts' and fans, why shouldn't he be included?

Because he doesn't play for Melbourne.

Coxy said:
QUEENSLANDER said:

Agreed.

But if News, as they say, want this to be a transparent process with goodwill from the NRL community, the only way to do that is to cancel all playing contracts beyond this year and renegotiate fresh. It'll be tough given the fact it's already July (which is what Hartigan was upset with the directors about, having wasted their time with legal action instead of trying to fix the problem).

If in that process they manage to retain the "big 4" with contracts that are acceptable in their value to the NRL, so be it.

Yup, i agree that the best way to do it is to reneg all contracts and start fresh. Most will HAVE to stay at the storm because all the other clubs will be all full up, but for teams such as the broncos it gives us a fresh play at the free agents without the storm being able to interfere.

Oh I see.......

I hope they keep all 4 and they get decent admin down there because the game should have a team in Melbourne and they need to win for the franchise to be viable.

QUEENSLANDER said:
Coxy said:
QUEENSLANDER said:

Agreed.

Yup, i agree that the best way to do it is to reneg all contracts and start fresh. Most will HAVE to stay at the storm because all the other clubs will be all full up, but for teams such as the broncos it gives us a fresh play at the free agents without the storm being able to interfere.
While I agree you would think there would be a lot of legalities in simply "cancelling" contracts, what about players who truly had nothing to do with anything, why should their future no longer be secured?

It is the best way to go about it but in practice it's going to be a nightmare.

Pretty sure the NRL has the right to cancel any contract if it has just cause - which it does in this instance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• MrTickyMcG
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Lurker
  • mrslong
  • Culhwch
  • Broncosgirl
  • cento
  • GCBRONCO
  • Santa
  • KateBroncos1812
  • HarryAllan7
  • winslow_wong
  • ivanhungryjak
  • BroncoFan94
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.